PDA

View Full Version : Weekend cooking thread

Esmerelda Villalobos
04-04-2014, 03:16 PM
What yall got? Im saving the grill for sunday. Im going to grill between nascar and game of thrones.

I made some homemade dough 2 days ago. I may bust that out and make a homemade margherita pizza tonight for our game.

BeastMan
04-04-2014, 04:33 PM
Working tonight so probably nothing but a cold one when I get home. Do you use a pizza stone Ennis?

Esmerelda Villalobos
04-04-2014, 04:40 PM
I do. Making your own dough and pasta is the most fullfilling thing you can do as a chef. To me anyway.

It is so worth it.

SpeckleDawg
04-04-2014, 05:34 PM
Local seafood place tonight, but I'm going to grill some stuff for the baseball game tomorrow evening. Not sure what yet - possibly some oysters/shrimp & who knows what else.

WeWillScrewItUp
04-04-2014, 08:02 PM
I'm going to grill some steak kabobs tonight wih a twice baked potato. Working on my 4th miller fortune of the night right now.

MS_half-step
04-04-2014, 08:03 PM
Picked up a growler of Southern Prohibition dry hopped IPA, very tasty

PassInterference
04-04-2014, 08:07 PM
I do. Making your own dough and pasta is the most fullfilling thing you can do as a chef. To me anyway.

It is so worth it.

Yep.

My wife makes real good bread similar to what you'd get at an Italian restaurant for dipping in olive oil. All it is, is yeast, water, flour. Maybe salt. It is stupid simple. You just have to let it rise overnight and it comes out great.

hailmari
04-04-2014, 08:33 PM
I'm going lean with chicken breasts on the grill. Sipping on some Ranger IPA as I watch the game (very smooth IPA, btw). I'm gonna grab something with a bite tomorrow, maybe a wee heavy.

Coach34
04-05-2014, 03:32 PM
Filets and sauteed green beans...croissants..bottle of Cab

bgdog
04-05-2014, 04:17 PM

It is so worth it.

I've always wanted to try this. How difficult was the first couple of times?

Esmerelda Villalobos
04-05-2014, 04:21 PM
I've always wanted to try this. How difficult was the first couple of times?

Easy as pie.

Esmerelda Villalobos
04-05-2014, 04:24 PM
Yep.

My wife makes real good bread similar to what you'd get at an Italian restaurant for dipping in olive oil. All it is, is yeast, water, flour. Maybe salt. It is stupid simple. You just have to let it rise overnight and it comes out great.

Take her fresh bread when it is hot. Before you cut it, take roasted garlic. Simply take 2 full garlic heads, cut the top off, pour evoo on it, salt and pepper, wrap in tin foil and put in over for 45 mins.

When that is done, squeez them into a bowl. Whisk GOOD olive oil in with it with fresh grated parmesan. Not the shit you get out of a can.

Dip your bread in it. By the way, youre welcome...

I seen it dawg
04-05-2014, 04:30 PM
We were kicking around crawfish but the impending weather killed that...still deliberating on tonite. Might be a fatass Johnny's pizza

I seen it dawg
04-05-2014, 05:24 PM
To go Italian

BeastMan
04-05-2014, 06:20 PM
Been on the run with work and errands since 7am. Just cracked open a miller fortune. I know it's not technically a craft beer but I think it's fantastic. I usually cannot stand when the big guys make a wanna be craft but this beer is good IMO. I like it more than andy gator gator (a similar style).

State82
04-05-2014, 07:30 PM
Ribeyes going now. 2/3 of the way through a six pack of Natty fence posts. Rum/diet on deck.

Barking 13
04-05-2014, 11:18 PM
cooked a big ol pot of cabbage soup....
ground chuck
cabbage
onion
celery
bell pepper
garlic
diced tomatoes
water