PDA

View Full Version : ADIDAS

Leroy Jenkins
04-03-2014, 04:36 PM
http://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/fan_shot_images/325357/h5DaipSh08O79QcbikaEbmx.jpg

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/article/media_slots/photos/000/502/753/thumb2_crop_exact.jpeg?w=340&h=266&q=85

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/article/media_slots/photos/000/502/751/adidasTexasAMAggies2012CoachesSidelinePerformanceF lexHat-Maroon_original.png?1343661818

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQEGSsmpeiBoB1NopJvU-A2081wpI76IpRcW2lblFpIeTpOmCni

Thick
04-03-2014, 05:33 PM
Is that real?

bulldawg28
04-03-2014, 05:34 PM
Doubt it.

esplanade91
04-03-2014, 05:37 PM
Who cares if it is? People act like this is only an issue that involves MSU.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't. I don't think anyone has ever been happy with our uniform situation in the moment.

Leroy Jenkins
04-03-2014, 05:42 PM
Who cares if it is? People act like this is only an issue that involves MSU.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't. I don't think anyone has ever been happy with our uniform situation in the moment.

Sorry stud, didn't know people on a MSU message board could only discuss things you deem worthy. Perhaps you could provide us a list of approved topics so that we may choose accordingly.

Leroy Jenkins
04-03-2014, 05:55 PM
Doubt it.

Fancred RTed the 1st pic... on sale at Barnes and Noble.

The hat is older, Sallee did a story on it a while back.

Political Hack
04-03-2014, 06:38 PM
they should be dropped out of principal. If you're hiring QA inspectors, packaging staff, graphic designers, screen printers, and everyone else from A to Z that don't know the difference between A&M and Staye while trying to run a sports apparel corporation, you should be shit canned. That's piss poor.

War Machine Dawg
04-03-2014, 08:46 PM
they should be dropped out of principal. If you're hiring QA inspectors, packaging staff, graphic designers, screen printers, and everyone else from A to Z that don't know the difference between A&M and Staye while trying to run a sports apparel corporation, you should be shit canned. That's piss poor.

B...b....but Dawg61 say it's our athletic department's fault that Adidas stuff sucks!**

It's beyond time to bury the hatchet with Nike or go to UA. Just ridiculous how bad Adidas is.

esplanade91
04-03-2014, 10:01 PM
Sorry stud, didn't know people on a MSU message board could only discuss things you deem worthy. Perhaps you could provide us a list of approved topics so that we may choose accordingly.
This "Drop Adidas! They don't care about us!" BS is getting old.

This isn't just something that happens to us.

Above all:

B...b....but Dawg61 say it's our athletic department's fault that Adidas stuff sucks!**

It's beyond time to bury the hatchet with Nike or go to UA. Just ridiculous how bad Adidas is.
Not to come to 61's defense, but the majority of everyone's issue with Adidas is the ******* stripes on our football jerseys. That's on our AD. It just is. There are 28 schools in FBS wearing Adidas. 26 of those don't have the uniforms we wear... If we wanted one of the other 26 uniforms... We could have them. With the lack of traditional jerseys at MSU I doubt Strick is willing to change our jerseys after only one or two seasons. It's bad for the image. And that's why I guess we're so quick to wear special helmets or gold numbers.

Try to keep in mind that A&M is getting just as screwed as we are with these uniforms and they're worth a lot more than we are. One of us is going to change up our jerseys soon... Just let it play out.

But the idea that Nike would cure all blows my mind. 82 teams wear Nike, so why does everyone think we'll get any better treatment? These mistakes would only be worse, with the added bonus that they won't be giving our athletic department our market value.

UA makes a terrible product at the professional use level, so us switching to them would be even worse. You'd get some cool t-shirts but our athletes would be running around in god awful shoes. It would absolutely be the final dagger in our basketball program.

... I love how everyone conveniently skims over the fact that Adidas gave us their bats first. It's irrelevant that they have done nothing to help us. They still gave them to us first.

Clear example of MSU fans being malcontents.

hells bells
04-03-2014, 10:18 PM
Have seen one with Hail State on the back.

coastratdog
04-04-2014, 06:23 AM
At least they made a set.

HereComesTheSpiral
04-04-2014, 12:16 PM
Some poor kid in a malaysian sweatshop is getting beaten right now.

slickdawg
04-04-2014, 12:39 PM
Some poor kid in a malaysian sweatshop is getting beaten right now.

While some kid in africa is going "damn, they don't normally send us brand name clothes"

NCDawg
04-04-2014, 04:03 PM
This "Drop Adidas! They don't care about us!" BS is getting old.

This isn't just something that happens to us.

Above all:

Not to come to 61's defense, but the majority of everyone's issue with Adidas is the ******* stripes on our football jerseys. That's on our AD. It just is. There are 28 schools in FBS wearing Adidas. 26 of those don't have the uniforms we wear... If we wanted one of the other 26 uniforms... We could have them. With the lack of traditional jerseys at MSU I doubt Strick is willing to change our jerseys after only one or two seasons. It's bad for the image. And that's why I guess we're so quick to wear special helmets or gold numbers.

Try to keep in mind that A&M is getting just as screwed as we are with these uniforms and they're worth a lot more than we are. One of us is going to change up our jerseys soon... Just let it play out.

But the idea that Nike would cure all blows my mind. 82 teams wear Nike, so why does everyone think we'll get any better treatment? These mistakes would only be worse, with the added bonus that they won't be giving our athletic department our market value.

UA makes a terrible product at the professional use level, so us switching to them would be even worse. You'd get some cool t-shirts but our athletes would be running around in god awful shoes. It would absolutely be the final dagger in our basketball program.

... I love how everyone conveniently skims over the fact that Adidas gave us their bats first. It's irrelevant that they have done nothing to help us. They still gave them to us first.

Clear example of MSU fans being malcontents.

I agree that the stripes on the jerseys suck, as well as the stripes on the helmets, and our esteemed AD could change it if he wanted to. Apparently he doesn't care what the fans want.

gravedigger
04-05-2014, 10:13 AM
Let me see if I understand you. The gripe is the Astros uniforms.

Not the change in the football uniforms, helmets. Not the identical Basketball unis.

Fans should be ok with that because of two reasons:

A&M is getting no less screwed by the same company so there's value in that.

All other mentioned alternatives have attributes that are bad.

Conclusion. The fans who choose to pay or not for the merchandise are malcontents.

Please tell me you are in marketing for Adidas and this mind numbing circle of shit will all make sense.

esplanade91
04-05-2014, 11:36 AM
I'm saying that it's ridiculous how our fans go from 6 to midnight any time they dislike anything coming from Adidas.

My point is that they treat us well... And the things everyone is pissed at are 1) not their fault 2) easily changeable 3) better than the alternative.

Having jerseys fans aren't excited about is not an Adidas issue. No one remembers those uni's Florida busted out for the SECCG Tebow's final year? Equate that to our Astros uniforms. They took a shot and it sucked, but they took a shot... Just have faith that next time you'll like them. Saying we should switch to Nike because you hate the uni's is not fixing your dislike of the uniforms.

And in reality, it would be worse... Because what I was also saying is Nike has almost 4 times as many sponsored schools in football alone.

When you introduce something like a new school with the same colors and same provider you're going to have these issues out of the gate. Just let it play out.

They treat us right, give us a shit ton of money, give us our fair share of exclusive products (relative to our market), and most importantly it's far and away a better product than the next best thing.

gravedigger
04-05-2014, 12:11 PM
Ok. I do get that the just bitching to bitch is tiresome. But uniform designs being both unique from other teams and marketable to consumers is important.

Adidas comes off as lazy when neither are the case. Fans have a right to bitch about that. And Adidas can do something because we didn't start this way.

You act as if everyone has a bad deal that isn't with Adidas.l