PDA

View Full Version : Ace for Ace

RossDawg82
04-03-2014, 02:47 PM
Now that LSU has moved their stud to Saturday, does anyone else feel that we should keep Mitchell as our Saturday starter as well. I would love to watch him go toe for toe with the best in the NCAA.

godlluB
04-03-2014, 03:04 PM
I'd love to watch LSU's pitcher go toe-to-toe with the best in the SEC too.

cheewgumm
04-03-2014, 04:04 PM
Absolutely. I'd let Ross pitch agaisnt NOLA. Win that one, and we get in their heads for good.(at least this year)

RossDawg82
04-03-2014, 04:17 PM
Serious. I don't see anything good coming from Fitts vs Nola. I like Fitts and I think he is a good pitcher, but why not let your stud go against theirs.

engie
04-03-2014, 04:56 PM
Serious. I don't see anything good coming from Fitts vs Nola. I like Fitts and I think he is a good pitcher, but why not let your stud go against theirs.

We will. It'll be Lindgren vs Nola for the majority of that game.

Pitch Ross Friday and put them behind the 8 ball. They will crumble mentally before Nola ever takes the hill IMO

Todd4State
04-03-2014, 05:08 PM
We will. It'll be Lindgren vs Nola for the majority of that game.

Pitch Ross Friday and put them behind the 8 ball. They will crumble mentally before Nola ever takes the hill IMO

Exactly. And Fitts has pitched very well for us minus the weekend we played in Arizona when no one pitched well for us.

Against Nola, we beat him when he was a freshman- and scored 6 runs off of him.
In the SEC Tournament, he shut us out for 2 IP in a Johnny Wholestaff game in a game that we eventually won.
Last year, we scored four runs off of him and he got a no decision in a game we lost in extra innings.

Todd4State
04-03-2014, 05:09 PM
Absolutely. I'd let Ross pitch agaisnt NOLA. Win that one, and we get in their heads for good.(at least this year)

Based on their assistant coach's comments, we already are in their heads.

messageboardsuperhero
04-03-2014, 05:12 PM
One thing I do like about us pitching Ross on Friday is that he has the ability to totally throw off a team's timing at the plate for an entire weekend. I wasn't crazy about the idea at first, but now it's starting to grow on me.

Political Hack
04-03-2014, 06:33 PM
I'd love to watch LSU's pitcher go toe-to-toe with the best in the SEC too.

this post got me a little jacked up.

Esmerelda Villalobos
04-03-2014, 06:34 PM
Now that LSU has moved their stud to Saturday, does anyone else feel that we should keep Mitchell as our Saturday starter as well. I would love to watch him go toe for toe with the best in the NCAA.

Id love to break their will friday at the hands of the greatest pitcher in college baseball history.