PDA

View Full Version : Cohen says that Brown has shoulder tenderness - won't pitch Friday...

HancockCountyDog
04-03-2014, 12:06 PM
Not sure how serious.

TheRef
04-03-2014, 12:09 PM
Said that he could possibly pitch Sunday depending how well he felt.

shoeless joe
04-03-2014, 12:09 PM
If he's shown any improvement at all in pen sessions I'd start woodruff.

Todd4State
04-03-2014, 12:10 PM
If he's shown any improvement at all in pen sessions I'd start woodruff.

It could be him or possibly Bracewell.

smootness
04-03-2014, 12:12 PM
I'd start Ross Mitchell Friday, then Fitts Saturday and play it by ear on Sunday.

Why would we not bump Mitchell up?

Todd4State
04-03-2014, 12:14 PM
I'd start Ross Mitchell Friday, then Fitts Saturday and play it by ear on Sunday.

I'm sure we will bump Ross up. I meant:

Fri.- Ross
Sat.- Fitts
Sun.- Bracewell

Sat. and Sun. certainly could be reversed.

HancockCountyDog
04-03-2014, 12:15 PM

Completely agree. Facing Nola on Friday we will need a great performance from our starting pitcher.

msstate7
04-03-2014, 12:15 PM

Only reason I can think is bc he's so dominate in the sat slot.

DudyDawg
04-03-2014, 12:30 PM
If brown can't go Sunday, I say move Ross to Friday, fitts Sunday, and woody Saturday followed by lindy

smootness
04-03-2014, 12:37 PM
I'm sure we will bump Ross up. I meant:

Fri.- Ross
Sat.- Fitts
Sun.- Bracewell

Sat. and Sun. certainly could be reversed.

Gotcha.

maroonmania
04-03-2014, 12:44 PM
Completely agree. Facing Nola on Friday we will need a great performance from our starting pitcher.

The only issue I have though is that if Nola beats Mitchell then I won't be all that confident that we will win Games 2 or 3 either. I would go Bracewell, Mitchell and then Fitts. Another factor is that you should need less of your bullpen on Saturday when Mitchell pitches allowing bullpen arms to perform on Friday and Sunday.

messageboardsuperhero
04-03-2014, 12:56 PM
I'd go Bracewell Friday, Ross Saturday, and Fitts Sunday.

I understand why some would want to throw Ross Friday, but he's just so valuable on Saturday. He essentially guarantees to give us 7+ innings and rests our bullpen for Friday and Sunday- plus he's already settled in on that day.

Brahmabull
04-03-2014, 12:56 PM
Looks like we could be in for another double head on Saturday.

smootness
04-03-2014, 01:00 PM
The only issue I have though is that if Nola beats Mitchell then I won't be all that confident that we will win Games 2 or 3 either. I would go Bracewell, Mitchell and then Fitts. Another factor is that you should need less of your bullpen on Saturday when Mitchell pitches allowing bullpen arms to perform on Friday and Sunday.

This is a good point.

State82
04-03-2014, 01:15 PM
I'd go Bracewell Friday, Ross Saturday, and Fitts Sunday.

I understand why some would want to throw Ross Friday, but he's just so valuable on Saturday. He essentially guarantees to give us 7+ innings and rests our bullpen for Friday and Sunday- plus he's already settled in on that day.

This would be my option also. Don't screw with his routine.

shoeless joe
04-03-2014, 01:36 PM

Yep

Coach34
04-03-2014, 02:03 PM
I'm with superhero- keep Ross for Saturday because he likely to give our bullpen a day of rest for the most part

GrassOfDWS
04-03-2014, 02:14 PM
This from MSU's website has Nola pitching on Saturday. That's weird.
http://www.hailstate.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=16800&ATCLID=209452321

SouthMsDawg
04-03-2014, 02:17 PM

NO WAY I start Ross on Fri vs NOLA. Hes the best pitcher in the nation.

I save Ross for Saturday so we can get the win in game 2 and set up a Sunday Rubber match.

RiverCityDawg
04-03-2014, 02:26 PM

I thought that was Beede?**

smootness
04-03-2014, 02:28 PM

I save Ross for Saturday so we can get the win in game 2 and set up a Sunday Rubber match.

I get this, but you just don't ever know what can happen. Imagine if Ross goes out and shuts them down and we win game 1 over Nola. I'd rather project confidence to the team than lay down in the first game.

messageboardsuperhero
04-03-2014, 02:29 PM

I wouldn't concede the Friday game and that's not why I want Ross to stay on Saturday- it's just smart to give our pen more rest on Saturday so they're full go for Friday and Sunday. I really think Ross could win us the game tomorrow against Nola.

It wouldn't necessarily be a bad idea to move Ross up to Friday IMO, but I'd just leave him where he is and let our 5th year senior go against Nola.

SouthMsDawg
04-03-2014, 02:30 PM

Hard to tell. Beede beat LSU and lost to us.

ScoobaDawg
04-03-2014, 03:04 PM
Nola is going saturday.

Randy Rosetta ‏@RandyRosetta 12m
#LSU coach Paul Mainieri will flip-flop his rotation vs. Miss. State with Jared Poche starting Friday and Aaron Nola on Saturday.

bgdog
04-03-2014, 03:47 PM
Nola is going Saturday to get 6 days rest.

Todd4State
04-03-2014, 03:50 PM

Beede is rated higher than Nola at this point by MLB.com. FWIW.

Todd4State
04-03-2014, 03:51 PM
If I remember correctly, we hit Nola a little bit last year. If my memory serves me correctly, that was the game we lost in extra innings to them.

Todd4State
04-03-2014, 03:52 PM
I get this, but you just don't ever know what can happen. Imagine if Ross goes out and shuts them down and we win game 1 over Nola. I'd rather project confidence to the team than lay down in the first game.

Exactly. I think this is usually the best way to go about it.

DownwardDawg
04-03-2014, 04:08 PM

Absolutely!

Coach34
04-03-2014, 05:12 PM
NO WAY I start Ross on Fri vs NOLA Hes the best pitcher in the nation.

no- Ross Mitchell is the best pitcher in the nation

preachermatt83
04-03-2014, 06:42 PM
i agree with coach, Ross Mitchell is the best pitcher in the country...

The weekend rotation is
Fri- Mitchell
Sat- Fitts
Sun- Tba

Someone VERY close to the situation has said that unless we are forced to throw Lingo in relief fri or sat he will get the start on sunday(WJ fist pumps), if not it's bracewell.. Said that it looks like Preston will need to take this weekend off but if he gets to 100 percent by sunday he could pitch.

Coach34
04-03-2014, 07:13 PM
Now, let me be extremely clear.

Ross Mitchell is NOT the most talented pitcher in the country. Nola may be that.
But Ross Mitchell is the best pitcher in the country in the best conference

ScoobaDawg
04-03-2014, 10:59 PM
Okay... this is getting crazy.

Randy Rosetta ‏@RandyRosetta 47m
Getting dizzy from the changes with the #LSU-Miss. State pitchign plans. Ross Mitchell might NOT start Friday. Aaron Nola will.

Randy Rosetta ‏@RandyRosetta 49m
Mississippi State-#LSU | ON DECK http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2014/04/mississippi_state_at_lsu_on_de.html …

Randy Rosetta ‏@RandyRosetta 54m
So to reset: Friday -- Mississippi State, LH Ross Mitchell (5-1, 1.55 ERA, 27 SO/13 BB) vs. #LSU, RH Aaron Nola (5-1, 0.55 ERA, 49 IP)

Randy Rosetta ‏@RandyRosetta 56m
And Saturday: Mississippi State, RH Trevor Fitts (2-1, 3.09 ERA, 40 SO/6 BB) vs. LSU, LH Jared Poche (5-2, 2.61 ERA, 25 SO/12 BB)

Randy Rosetta ‏@RandyRosetta 1h
Mainieri said weather forecast prompted the change. So it's #LSU ace (Nola) vs. Miss. State ace (Mitchell) on Friday.

Change of plans" #LSU coach Paul Mainieri has changed his mind and will send Aaron Nola out for G1 vs. Miss. State.

MarketingBully01
04-03-2014, 11:23 PM
Okay... this is getting crazy.

Randy Rosetta ‏@RandyRosetta 47m
Getting dizzy from the changes with the #LSU-Miss. State pitchign plans. Ross Mitchell might NOT start Friday. Aaron Nola will.

Randy Rosetta ‏@RandyRosetta 49m
Mississippi State-#LSU | ON DECK http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2014/04/mississippi_state_at_lsu_on_de.html ?

Randy Rosetta ‏@RandyRosetta 54m
So to reset: Friday -- Mississippi State, LH Ross Mitchell (5-1, 1.55 ERA, 27 SO/13 BB) vs. #LSU, RH Aaron Nola (5-1, 0.55 ERA, 49 IP)

Randy Rosetta ‏@RandyRosetta 56m
And Saturday: Mississippi State, RH Trevor Fitts (2-1, 3.09 ERA, 40 SO/6 BB) vs. LSU, LH Jared Poche (5-2, 2.61 ERA, 25 SO/12 BB)

Mainieri said weather forecast prompted the change. So it's #LSU ace (Nola) vs. Miss. State ace (Mitchell) on Friday.

Change of plans" #LSU coach Paul Mainieri has changed his mind and will send Aaron Nola out for G1 vs. Miss. State.

Maybe pitching Mitchell Friday isn't a bad idea if what Cohen says is true and he screws up the batters timing the rest of the weekend. Could have ourselves a sweep boys if we can pull off a 2-1 or 1-0 game on Friday. I don't forsee many runs if any in the first game of a Mitchell vs Nola matchup.

Will James
04-03-2014, 11:41 PM
Lets just tell everyone that Wes Rea is going Friday.. warm up Fitts and Ross.. and not let Manieri know who is going when until we meet at the plate and swap lineup cards

mstatefan91
04-03-2014, 11:50 PM
Sad to here. Nice guy all around and deserves the Friday position. Hope it's nothing serious

preachermatt83
04-04-2014, 12:25 AM
Sad to here. Nice guy all around and deserves the Friday position. Hope it's nothing serious

I agree.. I think Preston has a VERY bright future.

Todd4State
04-04-2014, 12:29 AM
Lets just tell everyone that Wes Rea is going Friday.. warm up Fitts and Ross.. and not let Manieri know who is going when until we meet at the plate and swap lineup cards

I like it for the simple fact he would go nuts and then try to get Rea ejected like he tried to get Graveman ejected last year.