PDA

View Full Version : does anyone have any clue what time the game against USM will be scheduled for

RC3
04-03-2014, 08:35 AM
and whether or not it will be televised??

I know it is way ahead of time, but this could affect some travel plans for me

TheRef
04-03-2014, 09:42 AM
Per HailState.com,

First pitch is scheduled for 6:35 PM CDT and will not be televised at all (not even on HailStateTV).

Jacksondevildog
04-03-2014, 09:49 AM
I'm assuming he was meaning the football game vs USM. That probably won't be released until later this summer.

TheRef
04-03-2014, 09:51 AM
I'm assuming he was meaning the football game vs USM. That probably won't be released until later this summer.

Oh...if that's the case then JDD is right. They usually don't schedule the starting OOC gametime until about a month or so before the kickoff unless it's a major early OOC game (Like last year's Houston game that was guaranteed its time slot).

RC3
04-03-2014, 10:18 AM

yeah that is in fact what i was referring to. I know that they havent been released and there are a ton of factors that go into selecting time slots....i was just hoping someone had some idea of what was being discussed

RC3
04-03-2014, 10:19 AM
with the other games going on that same day, i have to figure that we will likely be a day game... i am hoping so anyway
Arkansas @ Auburn Tickets ?
TBD Idaho @ Florida Tickets ?
TBD Clemson @ Georgia Tickets ?
TBD Tennessee-Martin @ Kentucky Tickets ?
TBD South Dakota State @ Missouri Tickets ?
TBD LSU vs. Wisconsin* Tickets ?
TBD West Virginia vs. Alabama* Tickets ?
TBD Southern Miss @ Mississippi State Tickets ?
TBD Utah State @ Tennesse

Political Hack
04-03-2014, 11:01 AM
I see the CBS game, the ESPN game, and the espn2 game. we could be on the U at night or on the SEC channel at night, but other than that, I think it'll be a day game.

jumbo
04-03-2014, 11:20 AM
I see the CBS game, the ESPN game, and the espn2 game. we could be on the U at night or on the SEC channel at night, but other than that, I think it'll be a day game.

CBS doesn't usually have a game the first few weekends. I am sure it will be televised though.

RC3
04-03-2014, 11:30 AM

its that U night game slot that has me a little concerned

BogeyGolfer
04-03-2014, 12:14 PM

I hope it's at night.. It doesn't get dark until dang near 8:00 pm in late August and it will be hotter than in June! I don't enjoy 100 degree football games. It's going to be hot either way but it would be a lot more pleasant if it where played at 6:30pm.

Johnson85
04-03-2014, 01:32 PM

Not sure how the order goes at that point in the season, but you'd think the Auburn/Ark game, Clemson/UGA, LSU/Wisc, and WVa/Bama games would be 4 clearly picked ahead of us.

I'm assuming the next choice would be between MSU/USM, UF/Idaho, and UT/U.St. for the fifth slot and Mizzou/S.D.St. or UK/UTMartin will be the last choice. As bad as USM has been, I would guess the Florida market would be chosen next or the UT/U.St would be chosen with the hope that it would be two teams that aren't terrible. Not sure how the made for tv showdowns affect the time slots, but I'd feel fairly good we'll end up in the 6th or 7th slot.

PassInterference
04-03-2014, 02:10 PM
I say its a tossup between a 11:00 game and a later at night game - on the SEC Network in either case.

RiverCityDawg
04-03-2014, 02:17 PM
Pretty sure all games will be televised with the SEC Network up and running at that point. I don't know that anyone has confirmed whether we will have the same sort of time slots as before. I imagine they would be similar though.