PDA

View Full Version : Billy Hamilton

Dawg61
04-02-2014, 10:33 PM
sure looks fast walking back to the dugout after each strikeout. This guy is ****ing terrible and I'm an idiot for drafting him in my fantasy league. Shoulda known the Reds were blowing their wad over nothing. Carry on

smootness
04-02-2014, 10:40 PM
Be patient, it's 2 games. He'll be fine.

Dawg61
04-02-2014, 10:49 PM

Haha trying but you and I both know patience isn't my strong suit. It's a keeper league and I was hyping Hamilton to steal 100 bags. He might not get on base 100 times. I'm racking my brain trying to think of such a highly touted rookie that's gotten off to a worse start than Billy. Don't think it's possible since he's struck out like every single at bat so far.

Todd4State
04-03-2014, 12:05 AM
Haha trying but you and I both know patience isn't my strong suit. It's a keeper league and I was hyping Hamilton to steal 100 bags. He might not get on base 100 times. I'm racking my brain trying to think of such a highly touted rookie that's gotten off to a worse start than Billy. Don't think it's possible since he's struck out like every single at bat so far.

Willie Mays got off to a really bad start to his career and he was very highly touted at the time.

He'll probably be fine- and if he struggles over a longer course, he'll be back at AAA. For someone as raw as Hamilton coming out of high school, he made it up pretty quickly.

They might want to try dropping him down in the order to see if that helps. Hitting lead off is a prime spot in the order for a speed guy like Hamilton.

Dawg61
04-03-2014, 12:31 AM
Willie Mays got off to a really bad start to his career and he was very highly touted at the time.

He'll probably be fine- and if he struggles over a longer course, he'll be back at AAA. For someone as raw as Hamilton coming out of high school, he made it up pretty quickly.

They might want to try dropping him down in the order to see if that helps. Hitting lead off is a prime spot in the order for a speed guy like Hamilton.

For sure what isn't helping him is facing Adam Wainwright and then Michael Wacha. Billy Hamilton is crying himself to sleep right now.

Will James
04-03-2014, 06:54 AM
Hitting lead off is a prime spot in the order for a speed guy like Hamilton.

I like him leading off too but just because he's on my fantasy team as well. He is a horrible leadoff hitter that will be lucky to reach base at a .300 OBP clip.

RBritt
04-03-2014, 08:33 AM
At least Hamilton gets his at bats. The Rockies are royally ****ing Corey Dickerson. They love Charlie Blackmon for some damn reason. If Dick gets his at bats he'll hit the ball.

smootness
04-03-2014, 09:12 AM
Hamilton will be a phenomenal leadoff hitter if he hits like he did in the minors. He had good walk rates, and his average didn't drop until he hit AAA. Obviously he does need to hit, but I think he'll be able to do that in time.

When he gets on base, it's usually as good as a double after he steals 2nd. That is a great thing to have in front of your best hitters.

engie
04-03-2014, 09:37 AM

No! It's time to cut him and promote the next guy!

Will James
04-03-2014, 09:40 AM
At least Hamilton gets his at bats. The Rockies are royally ****ing Corey Dickerson. They love Charlie Blackmon for some damn reason. If Dick gets his at bats he'll hit the ball.

Your boy is leading off today

RBritt
04-03-2014, 10:44 AM
I hope he cranks one today.

Dawg61
04-03-2014, 11:20 AM
No! It's time to cut him and promote the next guy!

Billy Hamilton has an elite skill and at worst he's got serious trade value. I would never cut him. Your cool points continue to plummet.