PDA

View Full Version : Ot Sanderson farms moving

Homedawg
04-02-2014, 08:38 PM
From Annandale to country club of Jackson. Wow. has to pass PGA tour board. I assume this isn't April fools.

TheRef
04-02-2014, 08:40 PM
From Annandale to country club of Jackson. Wow. has to pass PGA tour board. I assume this isn't April fools.

WOAH...Big if true.

Brahmabull
04-02-2014, 08:55 PM
Has to be approved but it will happen.

TheRef
04-02-2014, 08:58 PM
This won't solve the problem of it constantly being rained out....

Brahmabull
04-02-2014, 09:00 PM
No but it is in Nov this year. Who knows....

mic
04-02-2014, 09:03 PM
Starting what year.??

Brahmabull
04-02-2014, 09:04 PM
This year

rabbitthedawg
04-02-2014, 09:37 PM
It will eventually end up being played at Reunion! That is the game plan!

Bucky Dog
04-03-2014, 06:14 AM
Reunion is the best option IMO. Tour layout and greens and accessible for fans to watch. I like the move to CCJ though.

Dawgface
04-03-2014, 06:39 AM
Hmmm I missed the move to Nov. Good so they can be a meaningful regular tour event, but competing with football again. I like the schedule change though. I will attend.

Johnson85
04-03-2014, 07:46 AM
Reunion is the best option IMO. Tour layout and greens and accessible for fans to watch. I like the move to CCJ though.

Why do you like the move to CCJ? Only played it a couple of times and it was a while ago, but I can't imagine how that could handle a pro tournament. I remember thinking it was a typical old course layout in Mississippi, just really well kept. I would have thought it'd be too easy for a pro tournament. Doesn't seem like it'd be a great setup for spectators either. But I haven't played at anandale other than their executive course, so maybe it has the same problems.

Jack Lambert
04-03-2014, 07:50 AM
Which course will they use there or will they use all of them to make one?

Brahmabull
04-03-2014, 08:45 AM
Course went thru a major renovation back in 2008. Still has the old country club feel and style but really changed some holes especially back nine. Greens are much more difficult than they used to be. Crowd/Gallery control will still be an issue and even bigger issue will be logistics(ie. parking and roads). I think this is all about trying to cut costs in order to save the tourney for the state but not sure on that.

DawgInMemphis
04-03-2014, 08:45 AM
Why do you like the move to CCJ? Only played it a couple of times and it was a while ago, but I can't imagine how that could handle a pro tournament. I remember thinking it was a typical old course layout in Mississippi, just really well kept. I would have thought it'd be too easy for a pro tournament. Doesn't seem like it'd be a great setup for spectators either. But I haven't played at anandale other than their executive course, so maybe it has the same problems.

The course the pros will play on will be far different from how it's kept for the majority of the season. Tees moved back, rough grown up, greens quicker, maybe a par 5 or two changed to a par 4, etc.

BeastMan
04-03-2014, 09:01 AM
I do not like this move at all

K9 Avenger
04-03-2014, 09:08 AM
Wow....great move for the pro's wives/girlfriends. They'll be able to take advantage of the shopping at the Country Club's Dollar General Store. Jackson is AWESOME**

Brahmabull
04-03-2014, 09:13 AM
The Tour plays on old style up and down country club courses every year. This will not be new. The greens will be fast, the rough will be up, the fairways will be tight, and the yardage will stretch out to 7,500 yards. The big question I have will be roads and parking. I am sure that what ever is planned has been approved by the Tour so we will see. At the end of the day, I believe this is all about money and trying to keep in MS. We will see. There will be CCJ members who are happy and those who are not just like there have been Annandale member who have loved it and those that have hated it.

fishwater99
04-04-2014, 09:22 AM
The Tour has until April 29th to approve of the move. This had to be brought about by Sanderson Farm and the CCJ.
I wonder what VP is a member at the CCJ. Someone is paying for this move, as in writing a few large checks.
Annandale had no idea and isn't very happy about this, they were blindsided by it.

I don't know where they will set up parking, Northpark mall?

Bothrops
04-04-2014, 11:10 AM
Wow....great move for the pro's wives/girlfriends. They'll be able to take advantage of the shopping at the Country Club's Dollar General Store. Jackson is AWESOME**

Yeah, outside that neighborhood entrance, there will be a number of eyesores, and other issues. It's a great move for Jackson though.