PDA

View Full Version : College basketball news

Dawg61
04-02-2014, 04:16 PM
Houston just hired Kelvin Sampson as HC and Danny Manning has been offered the Wake Forest job and will decide to take it or stay at Tulsa by tomorrow.

msstate7
04-02-2014, 04:21 PM
Really like Danny manning. Not giving up on ray yet, but I would've loved for us to have gotten manning when we hired ray

Dawg61
04-02-2014, 04:33 PM
Really like Danny manning. Not giving up on ray yet, but I would've loved for us to have gotten manning when we hired ray

I'm not sold on Manning yet. I do like him just prefer a little more sample size. Wake Forest likes him. Surprisingly Wake Forest hasn't been to a Final Four since 1962. Their only appearance too.

Raytoraid83
04-02-2014, 05:22 PM
Sampson is a home run hire. What got him in trouble by the ncaa is legal by ncaa rules now. It'd be cool to see Houston competitive again.

Bass Chaser
04-02-2014, 07:50 PM
What do you think about Tommy Amaker at Harvard?

Dawg61
04-02-2014, 08:02 PM
What do you think about Tommy Amaker at Harvard?

I'd say he's done a fantastic job there after struggling at Michigan. He deserves another shot at a bigger program but it won't be in the SEC.

HereComesTheSpiral
04-02-2014, 08:02 PM
Sampson was who I nominated to go after if we were going to make a move this year.

smootness
04-02-2014, 08:19 PM
Sampson is a great coach, but he's also an unethical piece of garbage. We won't ever hire someone like that.

Dawg61
04-02-2014, 08:56 PM
Sampson is a great coach, but he's also an unethical piece of garbage. We won't ever hire someone like that.

Sampson was a teenage girl with his phone at Oklahoma and it put him on a one year ban from using the phone with recruits so he thought he was slick and participated in ten conference calls while he was in the room with other coaches talking to the recruit. For that and lying about it he got a five year show cause. Seems harsh.

smootness
04-02-2014, 10:43 PM
Sampson was a teenage girl with his phone at Oklahoma and it put him on a one year ban from using the phone with recruits so he thought he was slick and participated in ten conference calls while he was in the room with other coaches talking to the recruit. For that and lying about it he got a five year show cause. Seems harsh.

It isn't harsh. He proved he couldn't care less about any rules, he'll try to do whatever he can to circumvent anything.

JOHNHEVESYMADE
04-03-2014, 09:30 AM
He's a winner and should do well at Houston.