PDA

View Full Version : Marquette hires WOJO...

C222
04-01-2014, 09:49 AM
WHAT? They hired an assistant coach?!?! I was told that a school like Marquette shouldn't hire assistants!!

SignalToNoise
04-01-2014, 09:52 AM
So their HC takes a paycut to leave, and no current HC wants the job? What's going on there?

Dawg61
04-01-2014, 09:55 AM
WHAT? They hired an assistant coach?!?! I was told that a school like Marquette shouldn't hire assistants!!

Another hire that's a billion times better than ours. Try to find one worse from a Power 6 conference school. Thanks Stricklin.

quickstrike2
04-01-2014, 09:56 AM
It speaks volumes that you can use his nickname and people know who he is.

Political Hack
04-01-2014, 09:58 AM
slam dunk hire.

Coach34
04-01-2014, 10:01 AM
slam dunk hire.

Tommy Ammacker and Michigan disagree

Dawg61
04-01-2014, 10:04 AM

Tommy Amaker and Harvard agree

Raytoraid83
04-01-2014, 10:09 AM

Coach K labeled him the coach in waiting at Duke.

Rick Ray was an assistant on a .500 Clemson team.

Good try.

MadDawg
04-01-2014, 10:15 AM

You are trying too hard.

Political Hack
04-01-2014, 10:25 AM

please tell me you're trying to say Rick Ray was a better hire than WoJo. Please please please.

thunderclap
04-01-2014, 10:27 AM
Wanna know how to sour a Left Field Lounge conversation on a sunny Sunday afternoon? Start talking about our basketball program. We won't do that again.

drunkernhelldawg
04-01-2014, 10:31 AM
Met a guy in a Biloxi bar Sunday who said Stans to Alabama. He may have been confused, but I'm wondering if there might be something to this. I'm posting it here because I don't want to make it a subject line. I believe it's my first rumor, so I want to handle it well.

Political Hack
04-01-2014, 10:33 AM
Met a guy in a Biloxi bar Sunday who said Stans to Alabama. He may have been confused, but I'm wondering if there might be something to this. I'm posting it here because I don't want to make it a subject line. I believe it's my first rumor, so I want to handle it well.

That would be weird.

Dawg61
04-01-2014, 10:33 AM

Stans got himself a Pollard. Pollard ain't going back to Bama. Therefore Stans ain't going to Bama. Logic 101

C222
04-01-2014, 10:43 AM
Coach K labeled him the coach in waiting at Duke.

Rick Ray was an assistant on a .500 Clemson team.

Good try.

He was Associate Head Coach.

Wojo could be Mike Bray or Tommy Amaker. He could be Quinn Snyder or Jeff Capel.

I was just told a school like us or Marquette shouldn't hire assistants.

Dawg61
04-01-2014, 10:48 AM
I'd take Mike Bray, Tommy Amaker, Quinn Snyder or Jeff Capel in a heartbeat over our current situation. Find me worse examples. You can't.

scottycameron
04-01-2014, 10:49 AM

If a guy in a bar in Biloxi said it, book it. Good enough for me.

Political Hack
04-01-2014, 10:57 AM
depends on what bar in Biloxi...

MarketingBully01
04-01-2014, 10:57 AM
He was Associate Head Coach.

Wojo could be Mike Bray or Tommy Amaker. He could be Quinn Snyder or Jeff Capel.

I was just told a school like us or Marquette shouldn't hire assistants.

I love when people start this shit on the board and then it becomes a 9 page marathon of crap. Are you just trying to bait the Rick Ray detractors or what?

C222
04-01-2014, 10:58 AM
I'd take Mike Bray, Tommy Amaker, Quinn Snyder or Jeff Capel in a heartbeat over our current situation. Find me worse examples. You can't.

Snyder and Capel? The coaches that were both caught committing NCAA violations? Capel was so good he turned a 30 win season into two straight losing seasons.

MarketingBully01
04-01-2014, 10:59 AM
So their HC takes a paycut to leave, and no current HC wants the job? What's going on there?

It has a lot to do with Marquette not finding a good conference home and the uncertainty that comes with it.

C222
04-01-2014, 10:59 AM
I love when people start this shit on the board and then it becomes a 9 page marathon of crap. Are you just trying to bait the Rick Ray detractors or what?

I'm sorry. What was I thinking? The Anti-Ray group never does stuff like that. Were you here during the season where a losing streak thread was started after every loss?

MarketingBully01
04-01-2014, 11:02 AM
I'm sorry. What was I thinking? The Anti-Ray group never does stuff like that? Were you here during the losing streak where a thread was started after every loss?

At least that was during basketball season. We haven't even played in a month. I learned my lesson last week about saying anything regarding Ray. I am not saying anything else on the subject until the start of next basketball season. People get tired of this crap on both sides.

C222
04-01-2014, 11:07 AM
At least that was during basketball season. We haven't even played in a month. I learned my lesson last week about saying anything regarding Ray. I am not saying anything else on the subject until the start of next basketball season. People get tired of this crap on both sides.

Cool. My bad. I'll be sure to only start threads during the season of each sport.

MarketingBully01
04-01-2014, 11:16 AM
Cool. My bad. I'll be sure to only start threads during the season of each sport.

No, I don't mind you starting a thread like this because it is news but it just seemed that it was started to spark a thread that has been beaten like a dead horse over and over again. I made the mistake of starting something last week with the board and I apologize for it so I have made this same mistake.

Both sides will not change their minds and the only thing that is going to make a difference it seems are the results of next year which is a long way away.

So both factions please let's hold off on antagonizing each other's side until the start of next season. Deal? If someone starts something on either side, best way to deal with it is to let it die and go off to next page land. Just my two cents and probably helps the silent majority as well who reads the board.

Coach34
04-01-2014, 11:23 AM

Bama has already announced their coach was returning...the only team in Alabama that might hire Stands is Samford

MarketingBully01
04-01-2014, 11:33 AM
Bama has already announced their coach was returning...the only team in Alabama that might hire Stands is Samford

If he wants to head back to coaching, that probably is the best he can hope to get. Your first job after getting fired usually isn't back to a major D1 school. Gottfried was lucky at NC State. I was surprised he was able to land as good a job as that after he was fired. Pearl is an exception too but it should speak volumes he accepted the job at Auburn.

Dawg61
04-01-2014, 11:38 AM
Snyder and Capel? The coaches that were both caught committing NCAA violations? Capel was so good he turned a 30 win season into two straight losing seasons.

Last I checked our AD & Prez nuked our basketball program for no damn reason so yea I'd take those guys. Capel also signed Blake Griffin and made an elite 8 during that 30 win season. Brick Ray couldn't make an elite 8 in a 16 team CBI tournament.

Dawg61
04-01-2014, 11:44 AM
No, I don't mind you starting a thread like this because it is news but it just seemed that it was started to spark a thread that has been beaten like a dead horse over and over again. I made the mistake of starting something last week with the board and I apologize for it so I have made this same mistake.

Both sides will not change their minds and the only thing that is going to make a difference it seems are the results of next year which is a long way away.

So both factions please let's hold off on antagonizing each other's side until the start of next season. Deal? If someone starts something on either side, best way to deal with it is to let it die and go off to next page land. Just my two cents and probably helps the silent majority as well who reads the board.

Won't work. Why? Because we have a broken basketball program right now. When you have a leak in your house you fix it. We have a ****ing Brazilian waterfall in our living room.

MarketingBully01
04-01-2014, 11:52 AM
Won't work. Why? Because we have a broken basketball program right now. When you have a leak in your house you fix it. We have a ****ing Brazilian waterfall in our living room.

But it serves no purpose on both sides. Neither side will change their opinion and the only thing that can change it is year 3 of the Rick Ray era. Last I checked that won't start for seven months. I am with Coach on this one lol (can't believe I am saying this). Let's let it play out.

Dawg61
04-01-2014, 11:57 AM
But it serves no purpose on both sides. Neither side will change their opinion and the only thing that can change it is year 3 of the Rick Ray era. Last I checked that won't start for seven months. I am with Coach on this one lol (can't believe I am saying this). Let's let it play out.

I didn't start the thread but these threads still serve a purpose when they show up. They remind us we have a ****ing atrocious basketball program right now thanks to Stricklin being a cheap ass. That shouldn't get pushed aside for 7 months imo.

tcdog70
04-01-2014, 11:58 AM
Wanna know how to sour a Left Field Lounge conversation on a sunny Sunday afternoon? Start talking about our basketball program. We won't do that again.

must not be any 34 disciples in Left Field

MarketingBully01
04-01-2014, 12:01 PM
I didn't start the thread but these threads still serve a purpose when they show up. They remind us we have a ****ing atrocious basketball program right now thanks to Stricklin being a cheap ass. That shouldn't get pushed aside for 7 months imo.

LOL, I tried...

engie
04-01-2014, 12:29 PM
Is it just me -- or has the basketball IQ of this board improved tremendously?**

http://my.jetscreenshot.com/12222/m_20140401-bpfx-121kb.jpg

thf24
04-01-2014, 12:30 PM

Why does that matter when nothing said on this message board is going to make a shit's worth of difference?

LOL, I tried...

Don't worry, your efforts are appreciated.

Johnson85
04-01-2014, 12:36 PM
If he wants to head back to coaching, that probably is the best he can hope to get. Your first job after getting fired usually isn't back to a major D1 school. Gottfried was lucky at NC State. I was surprised he was able to land as good a job as that after he was fired. Pearl is an exception too but it should speak volumes he accepted the job at Auburn.

He can do better than Stanford. He might not get a major conference job, but he can get a Div. I head coaching position at a UAB type school.

Dawg61
04-01-2014, 12:39 PM
Is it just me -- or has the basketball IQ of this board improved tremendously?**

Can't see shit.

MarketingBully01
04-01-2014, 12:52 PM
Can't see shit

He is being an asshole. He has us on his ignore list.

MarketingBully01
04-01-2014, 01:03 PM

Ironic he brings this shit up here when I am trying to stop the incessant arguing between the two factions. But I guess he would have seen that had he not blocked me. Oh well, whatever. I just think it's funny...

MarketingBully01
04-01-2014, 01:05 PM
He can do better than Stanford. He might not get a major conference job, but he can get a Div. I head coaching position at a UAB type school.

Yeah, he probably could get a Conference USA job if the right one opened up. Brady turned the Samford job into LSU so you can jump from there to a great job if you are successful.

Coach34
04-01-2014, 01:09 PM

Maybe. I think Stands best chance at getting another head job would be the USM coach leaving. Otherwise- it's going to be tough