PDA

View Full Version : USMNT jerseys released today

Vandownbytheriver
04-01-2014, 08:22 AM
Away jersey

http://ep.yimg.com/ay/yhst-96316601417599/men-s-nike-usa-2014-2015-away-match-jersey-10.jpg

Home jersey

http://ep.yimg.com/ay/yhst-96316601417599/men-s-nike-usa-2014-2015-home-match-jersey-5.jpg

I hope it's just a cruel April Fool's joke.

scottycameron
04-01-2014, 08:28 AM
what is USNMT? Looks like a soccer ball on it. BTW, the second one is a womans golf shirt, isn't it?

smootness
04-01-2014, 08:49 AM
I love the away jersey; the home is fine.

Political Hack
04-01-2014, 09:15 AM
they wear collared shirts to play soccer?

SignalToNoise
04-01-2014, 09:23 AM
That home jersey was revealed a few weeks ago; not a joke so far as I can tell.

That road jersey doesn't really do it for me either.

dickiedawg
04-01-2014, 10:20 AM
Road Jersey is meh. They both are, really. But the road one looks like a generic national flag.

The flag would be that of Serbia and Montenegro.

Dawg61
04-01-2014, 10:53 AM
USA Winter Olympics uniforms were worse. Pretty awful still. Collard soccer shirts? Is this a Polo magazine

SignalToNoise
04-01-2014, 11:59 AM
This isn't the first time our soccer jerseys have had collars. The 2002 WC jersey did too.

http://media.nj.com/njsports_impact/photo/landon-donovan-2002-world-cup-v-portugal-c8b7937820948925_large.jpg

Brazil and a few other international squads wore similar Nike style jerseys in '02 with collars. We aren't the first or only team to do this.

I'm not one to get too fired up over jerseys, though. I leave that to EliteDawgs.

smootness
04-01-2014, 12:52 PM
A lot of soccer jerseys have collars, yes.

WeWonItAll(Most)
04-01-2014, 01:04 PM
Road Jersey is meh. They both are, really. But the road one looks like a generic national flag.

The flag would be that of Serbia and Montenegro.
You meant Croatia..not Montenegro.

Sorry, I'm a geography geek..

dickiedawg
04-01-2014, 03:52 PM
You meant Croatia..not Montenegro.

Sorry, I'm a geography geek..

I'm far from a geography geek, couldn't begin to label a map of that part of the world. But I did take the time to figure out whose flag might look like that, and here's what I found:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serbia_and_Montenegro

ETA: It was also the flag of Kingdom of Yugoslavia.

WeWonItAll(Most)
04-01-2014, 05:25 PM
I'm far from a geography geek, couldn't begin to label a map of that part of the world. But I did take the time to figure out whose flag might look like that, and here's what I found:

Ah. I thought you meant those jerseys could also be the jerseys of the modern day nation of Serbia or the modern day nation of Montenegro, whose flag is:

Compared to Croatia, who is a neighbor of both Montenegro and Serbia:

I didn't realize that Montenegro has only been an independent nation since 2006 though.

Dawgowar
04-01-2014, 05:27 PM

Actually they remind me of those 'Bomb Pop' popsicles. FIFA has new rules on National Team Kits for the World Cup. There has to be a predominantly light and predominantly dark set for each team. They don't rule out multiple colors but the rule restricts some of the old classics. Germany may be all white for home, all red for away. England is likely the same. Typical FIFA shit.

Vandownbytheriver
04-01-2014, 05:48 PM
They look like the French flag to me. Unless they get some gifts from the teams in their group, we might only get 3 games. Very tough draw.

Dawg61
04-01-2014, 05:59 PM
They look like the French flag to me. Unless they get some gifts from the teams in their group, we might only get 3 games. Very tough draw.

I think we beat Pretty Boy Portugal for the 2nd spot.

Dawgowar
04-01-2014, 07:09 PM
I think we beat Pretty Boy Portugal for the 2nd spot.

Let's see we start with the team that has knocked us out of the last two World Cup Finals, then one that struggled to qualify but possesses one of, if not THE best player on the planet, and then perhaps the best team in the world. Yeah, could be a short stay this go around.

Dawg61
04-01-2014, 07:31 PM
Let's see we start with the team that has knocked us out of the last two World Cup Finals, then one that struggled to qualify but possesses one of, if not THE best player on the planet, and then perhaps the best team in the world. Yeah, could be a short stay this go around.

Only thing Pretty Boy is best at is putting on Pomade and wearing a gigantic ego.

Vandownbytheriver
04-01-2014, 08:15 PM
Only thing Pretty Boy is best at is putting on Pomade and wearing a gigantic ego.

He's a douche, but he can flat out play. Messi has passed him as the best though. If we can keep him shutdown and knock him on his ass a time a two, they are beatable. Ghana scares the shit outta me. They just have our number. We have to hope Germany pulls an England this go around.

Dawgowar
04-02-2014, 08:24 AM
He's a douche, but he can flat out play. Messi has passed him as the best though. If we can keep him shutdown and knock him on his ass a time a two, they are beatable. Ghana scares the shit outta me. They just have our number. We have to hope Germany pulls an England this go around.

I'd much prefer they go 'France 2010' and have an all out mutiny within the ranks. Klinsman has surprised me with getting these guys to play well but I have never felt as bad about our back line as I do this cycle.

jumbo
04-02-2014, 08:51 AM
the 2010's were my favorite as well as the red version they wore in 2011

ckDOG
04-02-2014, 09:36 AM
The away jersey reminds me of flags of other countries or former countries.

The home is alright. It will look better in the sizes the players will wear. It looks too much like a woman's golf shirt in the model pic.

Dawg61
04-02-2014, 09:58 AM
I'd much prefer they go 'France 2010' and have an all out mutiny within the ranks. Klinsman has surprised me with getting these guys to play well but I have never felt as bad about our back line as I do this cycle.

Aren't we missing a couple defenders tonight vs Mexico?

jumbo
04-02-2014, 10:10 AM
Aren't we missing a couple defenders tonight vs Mexico?

yeah, they play on Mexican club teams and they wouldn't release them to play tonight. Pretty much a dick move. It get that there are bragging rights and whatever but it's an exhibition match.

Vandownbytheriver
04-02-2014, 12:48 PM
After seeing the whole kit, these remind me of a fast pitch travel team.

Dawgowar
04-02-2014, 04:32 PM
After seeing the whole kit, these remind me of a fast pitch travel team.

Yeah, got a chuckle out of the attempt in the Nike ad pic to make Alex Morgan look tough and fierce. She is a great striker but Roy Keane, Julian Dicks, or Jaap Stam she ain't lol. "Ooooo, look out Alex is pissed!" Shut up, score a goal, make us a sandwich and look hot Alex. Leave the anger for somebody else.

Dawgowar
04-02-2014, 04:33 PM
Bring back the Denim Kits!

Dawg61
04-02-2014, 04:40 PM
yeah, they play on Mexican club teams and they wouldn't release them to play tonight. Pretty much a dick move. It get that there are bragging rights and whatever but it's an exhibition match.

Is Mexico our biggest rival in Soccer? Seems like it. I've got like 5 bets going tonight with some of my Mexican Amigos. I'm betting on a friendly match-up. I might have a gambling problem.

Dawgowar
04-02-2014, 04:47 PM
Is Mexico our biggest rival in Soccer? Seems like it. I've got like 5 bets going tonight with some of my Mexican Amigos. I'm betting on a friendly match-up. I might have a gambling problem.

They despise us. When we host we have to host the game in Ohio or somewhere their fans won't pack out the stadium - i.e. Rose Bowl, Houston, etc - they throw bags of piss out our guys. They boo our national anthem. Shit, when we beat them last year at Stadium Azteca it was the first time we had done so ever. That was a friendly, then we tied them there for WC qualification. We had tied them but never beat them on Mexican soil until that friendly. The win over them in Columbus , 2-0, sent them to a play off with New Zealand to make the World Cup. They nearly blew it. No, they hate us, we hate them.

Pisses me off they come here to live, demand citizenship and then boo the team of the country they allegedly chose. Utter crap.

Dawg61
04-02-2014, 04:51 PM
They despise us. When we host we have to host the game in Ohio or somewhere their fans won't pack out the stadium - i.e. Rose Bowl, Houston, etc - they throw bags of piss out our guys. They boo our national anthem. Shit, when we beat them last year at Stadium Azteca it was the first time we had done so ever. That was a friendly, then we tied them there for WC qualification. We had tied them but never beat them on Mexican soil until that friendly. The win over them in Columbus , 2-0, sent them to a play off with New Zealand to make the World Cup. They nearly blew it. No, they hate us, we hate them.

Pisses me off they come here to live, demand citizenship and then boo the team of the country they allegedly chose. Utter crap.

Easy Cerrano let's not start a Holy War in here. Some of us might feel your same thoughts but it's best left off the board. Let's just beat their ungrateful asses tonight on the field instead.

TheRef
04-02-2014, 04:52 PM

The Rose Bowl match between USMNT and Mexico was pitiful to see from the US side. When you're getting booed during the national anthem in your own country, that's when you know something went wrong. I think they should only host our friendlies in the U.S. in Columbus, Seattle, NYC, etc.

Dawg61
04-02-2014, 04:57 PM
The Rose Bowl match between USMNT and Mexico was pitiful to see from the US side. When you're getting booed during the national anthem in your own country, that's when you know something went wrong. I think they should only host our friendlies in the U.S. in Columbus, Seattle, NYC, etc.

Playing Mexico in Southern Cali is about as smart as playing Puerto Rico in Miami. Somebody got fired over that dumb shit.

Dawgowar
04-02-2014, 05:12 PM
Easy Cerrano let's not start a Holy War in here. Some of us might feel your same thoughts but it's best left off the board. Let's just beat their ungrateful asses tonight on the field instead.

Too be fair, if we played the Italians in St Louis or New York that bloodline would show their asses too. The Brazilians always attract the hipster 'Too Cool to Cheer For My Own Country" Crowd. I do like seeing the Mexican Fans who wear the wrestling masks to the game though. Doesn't work that well when other countries' fans try it.

Piss off an English National Team fan and you will find a reason to despise them. Persistent little shits that lot. Buddy of mine made a ill-placed crack about their team and the Queen...twenty years ago...think he is still afraid to visit that place.

Dawgowar
04-02-2014, 05:13 PM
Playing Mexico in Southern Cali is about as smart as playing Puerto Rico in Miami. Somebody got fired over that dumb shit.

I like keeping the Gold Cup final there but no way for WC qualifiers or friendlies. Agree, it's like scheduling Notre Dame at the Vatican.

dawgs
04-02-2014, 05:25 PM
The Brazilians always attract the hipster 'Too Cool to Cheer For My Own Country" Crowd.

huh? if anything the "hipsters" would pick out a fairly obscure darkhorse team that no one really thinks about when they think "world soccer power".

dawgs
04-02-2014, 05:26 PM
Yeah, got a chuckle out of the attempt in the Nike ad pic to make Alex Morgan look tough and fierce. She is a great striker but Roy Keane, Julian Dicks, or Jaap Stam she ain't lol. "Ooooo, look out Alex is pissed!" Shut up, score a goal, make us a sandwich and look hot Alex. Leave the anger for somebody else.

was alex morgan on the babe madness bracket? if she wasn't in the sports regional, that's a tragedy. i don't remember seeing her, but i could have missed her cause i missed voting a few days.

Vandownbytheriver
04-02-2014, 08:21 PM
I despise El Tri as much as I do Bama, Ohio State, the Cardinals, Nickelback, Bud Light, and carney folk. Although, if they are in the World Cup and you happen to be in a Mexican place when they are playing, they will give you all kinds of free beer and shit.

Dawg61
04-02-2014, 08:59 PM
I despise El Tri as much as I do Bama, Ohio State, the Cardinals, Nickelback, Bud Light, and carney folk. Although, if they are in the World Cup and you happen to be in a Mexican place when they are playing, they will give you all kinds of free beer and shit.

FREE CHIPS N SALSA!!!!

Vandownbytheriver
04-02-2014, 10:35 PM
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

Dawg61
04-03-2014, 12:55 AM
Red jerseys looked sweet tonight! 2-0 at half

LiterallyPolice
04-03-2014, 04:54 AM
I was at the game in Phoenix tonight (so much for scheduling the USA Mexico friendliest away from Mexican fans). It was probably 50/50 in terms of fan show out. Maybe a slight edge to the Mexican fans.

No one booed during the national anthem. It may have happened before, but come on. Many Hispanic fans were wearing both US and Mexico colors. There was absolutely zero contention amongst the fans that I saw. But I'm sure that may not be the case in Mexico City.

Dawg61
04-03-2014, 07:47 AM
We played like shiat in the 2nd half and Mexico played lights out but I'm not sure that means much. We subbed in an 18 year old stud to get a look at him. The first half we looked fantastic. We had our 3rd string goalie not Tim Howard tonight as well.

Dawg61
04-03-2014, 07:50 AM
I was at the game in Phoenix tonight (so much for scheduling the USA Mexico friendliest away from Mexican fans). It was probably 50/50 in terms of fan show out. Maybe a slight edge to the Mexican fans.

No one booed during the national anthem. It may have happened before, but come on. Many Hispanic fans were wearing both US and Mexico colors. There was absolutely zero contention amongst the fans that I saw. But I'm sure that may not be the case in Mexico City.

Mexican coach before the game said that USA owes Mexico California. That California is actually there's. **** Mexico. Wish we'd beat them 8-0 last night.

jumbo
04-03-2014, 08:38 AM
hate where the schedule these games. for friendlies it's not as bad and I get they need to sell tickets, but there is absolutely no reason that if anything is on the line (gold cup, wc qualifying, etc) that we play them anywhere other than Seattle or Columbus.

jumbo
04-03-2014, 08:38 AM
oh and I was on the fence on the jerseys until I actually saw them in action. I do not like them.

smootness
04-03-2014, 09:16 AM
Mexican coach before the game said that USA owes Mexico California. That California is actually there's. **** Mexico. Wish we'd beat them 8-0 last night.

Let's let California vote on that. I bet Mexico would not be in favor of that.