PDA

View Full Version : Leo Lewis

RossDawg82
03-31-2014, 01:57 PM
Visiting the party school up north 2 weekends in a row. Should we take this as he is moving up their board fast or is he just going for a free BJ?

engie
03-31-2014, 02:12 PM
It's the Grove Bowl... Most prospects are going to attend that next week...

Give it a week for SBW -- and they will mostly all be at MSU. I like it back-to-back like this for us. Especially with what I project to be our best spring game attendance yet -- and an all-time record baseball crowd that should be rowdy as hell.

SouthMsDawg
03-31-2014, 02:16 PM
Visiting the party school up north 2 weekends in a row. Should we take this as he is moving up their board fast or is he just going for a free BJ?

Take it as desperation bc OM is mississing on so many in state kids they are doing any and everything possible they can to make up ground with Lewis.

RossDawg82
03-31-2014, 02:18 PM
It's the Grove Bowl... Most prospects are going to attend that next week...

Give it a week for SBW -- and they will mostly all be at MSU. I like it back-to-back like this for us. Especially with what I project to be our best spring game attendance yet -- and an all-time record baseball crowd that should be rowdy as hell.

I will be disappointed if we don't break our attendance record Saturday against the Rebs

HancockCountyDog
03-31-2014, 03:05 PM

The bears aren't going to roll over and play dead this recruiting year in-state.

They will be in the fight for Peters as well. PErsonally I still think we get Peters and Lewis. I would really like Adams to go ahead and pull the trigger for us

RossDawg82
03-31-2014, 03:12 PM
I agree, we need a big name like him or Dear and the rest will follow.

Coach34
03-31-2014, 03:12 PM
I just can't get into recruiting this early.

basedog
03-31-2014, 03:22 PM
Me neither!

sandwolf
03-31-2014, 03:27 PM
They will be in the fight for Peters as well.

Anyone have an idea as to how much the Moore twins will factor into Peters' recruitment? Seems like I remember hearing that he was pretty good friends with them...

SouthMsDawg
03-31-2014, 03:45 PM

Its not the 90's anymore. Recruiting is year round 365 days a year. All of you guys who say check with me in February will have missed everything, and with what we possibly could have in this class it could be a very, very good class.

quickstrike2
03-31-2014, 03:53 PM
It's to early for me to get into it as well. For me as a fan, its hard to taking commitments and leans serious till about mid December. Even then, its going to change numerous times till NSD.

BeastMan
03-31-2014, 04:04 PM

The reaction to Lewis visiting Ole Miss made me look up some text I got from a friend a couple days before the visit. And then I screen shot them and wrote a story about it. Prophetic http://3rdand57.com/some-folks-just-get-recruiting/

archdog
03-31-2014, 04:11 PM

And that is why we "lose" at recruiting. These guys want a huge deal made for them even this early in the process. They need to feel the love.

mic
03-31-2014, 04:42 PM
And that is why we "lose" at recruiting. These guys want a huge deal made for them even this early in the process. They need to feel the love.

Yes it doesn't hurt to show guys love and no that's not why we "lose" in recruiting.. .. Im sure our staff will and have already rolled out the red carpet already for these kids. (esp Leo) Hell we were the first to offer Leo last year. Just because David Johnson and Yancy ALWAYS make it sound like after every kid visits there that they are in the lead for them and its the best visit ever. Blah blah blah same tired story different year...
Leo will come to down to probably a MSU / Bama battle right up to around or on NSD.
All im sure Coach 34 is saying there is no need to get worried or excited about a kid visiting in the spring. If he commits to them after next weekend that's one thing.
I had rather show the ones who have already committed to us the most love. So no need to worry about 2015 football guys lets focus on baseball and sweeping that BlackBear ass in baseball SBW ...

Coach34
03-31-2014, 04:57 PM

Nooooooo

I certainly understand that recruiting has changed over the years. I certainly understand that this is the information and social media age. Kids want the attention more than ever.

What I am saying is that me personally- who helped start a Miss State fansite, is as maroon and white as anybody you will ever meet, and trolls the Bearsharks on a damn near daily basis- I cant get into recruiting this early. Once we get into June-July and the camps start, the coaches get to see the guys in person and work them- that's when I can start really looking at it and start enjoying somewhat what we are trying to do to meet needs and solidify the future.

Looking back, I used to regret not getting into college coaching when I had the chance. Now, I'm glad I didnt. Recruiting 365 days a year 24/7 would have made me hate it.

ShotgunDawg
03-31-2014, 05:47 PM
Haven't we learned by now that football players that make their college decision based upon social reasons, normally don't pan out? How would a player turn out to be the best he can be if he chooses a school for social reasons over football reasons?

Ole Miss is a fun school for some, but there is absolutely no football reason for him to go there. Geoff Collins and Nick Saban develop linebackers, and, if Lewis picks a school based upon football reasons, then it will be between MSU and Alabama. If he chooses a school based upon social reasons, then he probably won't pan out anyway, so why do we care?

RBritt
03-31-2014, 07:34 PM
Leo is enjoying the process and will enjoy the process. It'll be a Bama state battle for Leo. Trust me on this. He's a great kid hard worker etc... Partying drinking and drugging it aren't what he's about. He's a quiet kid who usually lets his actions do the talking. He's similar to Ivory on Friday night lights the movie. When the lights come on an animal comes out. It'll be worse than the Chris Jones recruitment for Leo thankfully he is 2.5 hours away from state and 3.5 from Oxford. There won't be any 2 am Texaco sightings.

AlSwearengen
03-31-2014, 08:12 PM
Isn't Brookhaven heavily populated with olemiss people?

RBritt
03-31-2014, 08:29 PM
Nope way more state folks in Brookhaven. Brookhaven has lots of Ali u fairweather fans. He'll be at super bulldog weekend. Pm southms if you would like info on this recruitment