PDA

View Full Version : Super Bulldawg Weekend

ScoobaDawg
03-31-2014, 10:50 AM
It's still 11 days away but I'm pumped and ready to get on the road.
Who all is going to be in town? Me and the gf will be making the haul from DFW over for the weekend.

Any chance we break 14991? Came pretty close last year and things are looking a lot better this season plus the excitement around football.

If anyone wants to have a meetup let's figure it out.

TheRef
03-31-2014, 10:58 AM
Not to mention the series is against TSUN and it could possibly be a Top-20 matchup...Also no nationwide TV so they can't give that excuse for not being at the game. DWS and DNF will be rocking that Saturday and I cannot wait.

War Machine Dawg
03-31-2014, 11:01 AM
I'll be there with one of my buddies. May try to talk another person or two into going.

bulldogcountry1
03-31-2014, 11:15 AM
We will probably get close if the weather is perfect.

As a person who likes to pay attention to the game more than socializing, the >12k crowds aren't much fun to deal with. Bathrooms are swamped and you can forget about concessions. Last year at SBW saturday, it was the 5th inning before things got settled. People kept coming in making others move out of thier chairbacks and others were just confused about how to find their seats.

That said, I still hope we break the record 3 times over and beat some rebel arse.

preachermatt83
03-31-2014, 05:05 PM
ill be there with the wife and little girl and will also have a friend and his family with me.. (another preacher).. We are pumped. I am gonna catch all 3 baseball games, the maroon and white game, and 1 softball game.

TheRef
03-31-2014, 05:06 PM
ill be there with the wife and little girl and will also have a friend and his family with me.. (another preacher).. We are pumped. I am gonna catch all 3 baseball games, the maroon and white game, and 1 softball game.

I'll try to get a nice little forecast as soon as possible. Around Thursday or Friday? Long-range forecasting is FUN!

Esmerelda Villalobos
03-31-2014, 05:08 PM
Ill be there saturday. I think weve already broken the record but they will never announce over 15k

preachermatt83
03-31-2014, 05:29 PM
I'll try to get a nice little forecast as soon as possible. Around Thursday or Friday? Long-range forecasting is FUN!

always nice to have that educated guess out there!!

preachermatt83
03-31-2014, 05:29 PM
Ill be there saturday. I think weve already broken the record but they will never announce over 15k

why do you say that? safety?

TheRef
03-31-2014, 05:30 PM
why do you say that? safety?

Fire Marshal had to shut down the gates when we hit 14,991.

Esmerelda Villalobos
03-31-2014, 05:40 PM
Safety and I dont believe that number. Ive seen bigger crowds than that day in 89

ScoobaDawg
03-31-2014, 06:09 PM
Safety and I dont believe that number. Ive seen bigger crowds than that day in 89

The super regional game 2 comes to mind, especially when they let more in towards the end of the game.
That was way more crowded than last years SBW Saturday game to me (of course we all know we are doing tickets sold now instead of actual butts during the regular season. Not saying it was that far off but still)

ScoobaDawg
04-02-2014, 01:21 PM
9 days out and showing rain (40/50/60%) all 3 days... Hope that changes.

dickiedawg
04-02-2014, 01:36 PM

The athletic department has publicly stated that as a goal for SBW, so I would hope they'll announce the figure.

ScoobaDawg
04-02-2014, 01:41 PM
The athletic department has publicly stated that as a goal for SBW, so I would hope they'll announce the figure.

Oh? have a link for that anywhere? or just something you heard around campus? (you still doing media of some kind?)
I knew last year it was a goal by the fans to break it.

drummerdawg
04-02-2014, 01:56 PM
Would be cool if we could play the baseball game in the football stadium.

DCdawg
04-02-2014, 01:57 PM
In an ad for SBW between innings during a recent game the hashtag on the ad was something like #15katthedude. I'm pretty sure that's not it, but it was to that effect.

Mjoelner34
04-02-2014, 02:38 PM
Oh? have a link for that anywhere? or just something you heard around campus? (you still doing media of some kind?)

I heard the same thing. I'm not sure where though. I do remember hearing or reading that since that Super Regional where they were turning away people, we've added more gates so they'll let us have higher capacity. There are a couple of gates between the Palmeiro Center and the bathrooms in left field now. Were those there during the Super Regional?

dickiedawg
04-02-2014, 02:44 PM

No, nothing I can link. But at the Vandy and Arkansas games they ran a spot promoting SBW, something along the lines of "help us break the all-time attendance record." I'll see if I can find a tweet about it.

ETA: Couldn't find a tweet that said that, though @hailstateBB RT'd something and added #15katDNF

MSU Baseball‏@HailStateBB?Feb 10
#15KatDNF RT @ZachIshee: Ready to watch @HailStateBB pic.twitter.com/lsXjkly5hX

(As for media, I guess those days are behind me. Just a fan now)

Dawg61
04-02-2014, 03:07 PM
EliteDawgs should buy out the State Farm sign and put an EliteDawgs.com one in its place. Also put up an EliteDawgs banner in LFL. Just an idea. Wonder how much that'd cost? Might increase members

Homedawg
04-02-2014, 03:26 PM
The sign behind home plate 35k. The sign on the fence 25k.

ScoobaDawg
04-09-2014, 04:14 PM
2 more days...but I will be on the road in less than 24 hours. Looks like beautiful weather for the whole weekend.

preachermatt83
04-09-2014, 10:21 PM
2 more days...but I will be on the road in less than 24 hours. Looks like beautiful weather for the whole weekend.
cant wait!!!