PDA

View Full Version : Former MSU backup punter is making inroads in country music

PassInterference
03-31-2014, 09:33 AM
Pretty good read here.

http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20140330/NEWS01/303300024/Miss-native-Buddy-Brown-strums-up-big-fan-base

The guy made his own following on yourtube and pours his own blood, sweat, & tears into making in the business. Looks like a true grassroots startup guy. I wish him well.

Esmerelda Villalobos
03-31-2014, 09:45 AM
I wish him success in life but bro country needs to die. How many songs can they write about skipping rocks, river banks, big trucks, tires, bond fires, etc. Just awful.

Country today has taken the turn rock did in the late 80s. Everything has gone cheesedick and it will come to a crashing halt sooner than later.

shoeless joe
03-31-2014, 10:05 AM
I wish him success in life but bro country needs to die. How many songs can they write about skipping rocks, river banks, big trucks, tires, bond fires, etc. Just awful.

Country today has taken the turn rock did in the late 80s. Everything has gone cheesedick and it will come to a crashing halt sooner than later.

Couldn't agree more. Today's country is absolutely awful.

If i was George straight or alan Jackson I'd retire to keep from being associated with these clowns.

Esmerelda Villalobos
03-31-2014, 10:08 AM
Couldn't agree more. Today's country is absolutely awful.

If i was George straight or alan Jackson I'd retire to keep from being associated with these clowns.

Im not a guy that says new music sucks. I love new music. Im just talking about that one niche. Luke Bryan / Jake Owen stuff. There are some good new artist. Kasey Musgraves will be a superstar soon and she has talent.

shoeless joe
03-31-2014, 10:27 AM
Im not a guy that says new music sucks. I love new music. Im just talking about that one niche. Luke Bryan / Jake Owen stuff. There are some good new artist. Kasey Musgraves will be a superstar soon and she has talent.

Agreed. There is some new stuff that's not bad. But when I turn to a country station every song sounds the same and it's all about the same stuff. So I don't listen anymore. I couldn't even tell you the names but it's just not any good. In my opinion it started goin down hill with urban and rascal flats. All their songs are the same. Paisley has also fallen into that mode.

Esmerelda Villalobos
03-31-2014, 10:37 AM
Agreed. There is some new stuff that's not bad. But when I turn to a country station every song sounds the same and it's all about the same stuff. So I don't listen anymore. I couldn't even tell you the names but it's just not any good. In my opinion it started goin down hill with urban and rascal flats. All their songs are the same. Paisley has also fallen into that mode.

That will always be said. Everybodys music they grew up on is better than the new "crap". That is how people are. That said, Id rather listen to Paisley vs say Cash. At least paisley has talent. I know it is "blasphemy" but what exactly was cash good at? He cant sing for shit. He cant really play. He is an average song writer at best. I just never got the big deal about a guy that talked his songs and had little "talent". He was cool though.

mparkerfd20
03-31-2014, 11:20 AM
A new Country Legends station, 100.9 The Legend has been a redeeming factor for me listening to country music again. I couldn't agree more about new country. I do like some of the Originals Buddy has written though.

PassInterference
03-31-2014, 11:24 AM
That will always be said. Everybodys music they grew up on is better than the new "crap". That is how people are. That said, Id rather listen to Paisley vs say Cash. At least paisley has talent. I know it is "blasphemy" but what exactly was cash good at? He cant sing for shit. He cant really play. He is an average song writer at best. I just never got the big deal about a guy that talked his songs and had little "talent". He was cool though.

I listen to very little country. I guess that's how I stomach the occasional things that sounds just like all the other stuff that I never listen to.

Cash was cool.

Hendrix couldn't sing for shit either. He could play a little bit though. :-) And he was a little bit cool.

TheRef
03-31-2014, 11:24 AM
A new Country Legends station, 100.9 The Legend has been a redeeming factor for me listening to country music again. I couldn't agree more about new country. I do like some of the Originals Buddy has written though.

I loved the fact that they ran no commercials for the first weekend.

bully99
03-31-2014, 11:32 AM
Must be something about MSU and punters. This guy the country singer, the punter in the national car commercial, and Heath Hutchins, the male model. Wonder what Devon Bell is gonna do.

Will James
03-31-2014, 11:43 AM
bro country needs to die. How many songs can they write about skipping rocks, river banks, big trucks, tires, bond fires, etc. Just awful.

+1

smootness
03-31-2014, 11:54 AM
Cash was a far better song writer than you give him credit for.

That said, all music is about the same stuff for the most part. Sure, country songs talk about country things...just like hip hop is constantly talking about growing up rough and having to struggle, and 85% of all songs everywhere talk about love.

And it's 'bonfires'.

Just messing with you. Seriously, though, a lot of music is ultimately talking about the same stuff.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
03-31-2014, 11:57 AM
Must be something about MSU and punters. This guy the country singer, the punter in the national car commercial, and Heath Hutchins, the male model. Wonder what Devon Bell is gonna do.

Jeff Walker made a name for himself as well. Hope he gets his life back in order. His kicks sounded like a cannon going off and he always seemed to be in on a special teams tackle.

Brahmabull
03-31-2014, 12:17 PM
What did Walker do? I must have missed.

slickdawg
03-31-2014, 01:01 PM
Current country music brought us this. Quite possibly the worst song in the history of music.

http://youtu.be/dphMriny1Js

Pollodawg
03-31-2014, 01:10 PM
Hank Williams Jr is the most overrated "country artist" I have ever heard. The dude doesn't even sing. He barks. I have never seen the appeal of Hank Jr.

GumpDawg
03-31-2014, 01:18 PM
One thing to always remember when comparing old singers/bands to the new ones is that the folks like Cash and Hendrix did it without out the aid of current technology. What you hear is what they were. Too much crap these days has been studio engineered to death. Not too many bands sound good live anymore. Country has gone the way of pop in that looks trump talent most of the time.