PDA

View Full Version : Anybody go to Lady Dogs game last night?

Bucky Dog
03-31-2014, 06:09 AM
Sounds like they had a little controversy at the end and got their hearts crushed when USF made long 3 at the buzzer. Really sounds like Shaeffer is the man and only good things are ahead.

TheRef
03-31-2014, 06:15 AM
Sounds like they had a little controversy at the end and got their hearts crushed when USF made long 3 at the buzzer. Really sounds like Shaeffer is the man and only good things are ahead.

There was NO way that USF had 4.2 seconds. That buzzer-beater was a beauty though. Stricklin came onto the floor after the game and had the crowd give a standing ovation for Vic and the women. Give USF credit though, they played us to the buzzer and that's what you want from an opponent. Vic is the man and he earned a lot of season tickets last night.

godlluB
03-31-2014, 07:17 AM
There was a lot of questionable calls in the game.

I never heard a whistle declaring that last time out. The timeout seemed to come out of thin air after the clock reached zero.

A USF player pushed down one of our players in a fast break, then ran 3/4 of the court and scored. After the basket, the refs go to video, call a technical for the flagrant foul, but LET THE BASKET STAND!

TheRef
03-31-2014, 07:25 AM

I never heard a whistle declaring that last time out. The timeout seemed to come out of thin air after the clock reached zero.

A USF player pushed down one of our players in a fast break, then ran 3/4 of the court and scored. After the basket, the refs go to video, call a technical for the flagrant foul, but LET THE BASKET STAND!

Yeah that ticked me off too. How can you call a tech and let the basket count unless the tech was a dead-ball after the basket was made. That is the ONLY case that the basket counts.

M.Fillmore
03-31-2014, 09:50 AM
It sounds like the WNIT uses the same system to pick post-season refs as Don Hinton and the MHSAA for high school football and basketball playoffs.

dickiedawg
03-31-2014, 10:10 AM

That had me hot under the collar. As did the early T on Vic- Possibly the shortest leash I've ever seen with a coach. Then later in the game USF's little greaseball was getting into it with her and didn't get T'd up.

It_Could_Happen
03-31-2014, 11:18 AM
I was there as well. It was a typical MSU loss. We played that last possession as well as it could have been played. Two hands were in that girls face on the buzzer beater and somehow it went in. I will say this, the hump was louder yesterday than it was the entire men's season. I had never been to a girls game outside of high school and really enjoyed it. I'll be back to support Vic next year. I wish Ray had half of the intensity Vic shows on the court.

dickiedawg
03-31-2014, 04:57 PM
I was there as well. It was a typical MSU loss. We played that last possession as well as it could have been played. Two hands were in that girls face on the buzzer beater and somehow it went in.

Very true. Girl made a play to win the game, all you can do in that situation is tip your cap.

I will say this, the hump was louder yesterday than it was the entire men's season. I had never been to a girls game outside of high school and really enjoyed it. I'll be back to support Vic next year. I wish Ray had half of the intensity Vic shows on the court.

This is almost true. I said it was the best atmosphere in the hump since we beat Ole Miss at home this year. Early in the SEC season we had some decent crowds but that ended quickly.
As for being back next year, I plan to get season tickets next year. Hopefully they'll be dirt cheap like they were this year (I didn't buy them this year, but thought about it. They were only like $25 or $35)