PDA

View Full Version : Damn, what a game. And the lowly SEC sends two to the Final 4. UK

Saltydog
03-30-2014, 06:18 PM
played a damn good Michigan team today. I'll be honest, I didn't think they would beat them. Randle is just so strong.

bluelightstar
03-30-2014, 06:20 PM
Everybody keeps bringing that up, but nobody ever said Florida and Kentucky weren't good. But teams 4-14 were the worst collection of poor teams in a conference in the country, probably.

Saltydog
03-30-2014, 06:24 PM
The Final Four (UF, UK, Wisconsin and UConn). Florida's two losses this year were to Wisconsin and UConn.

TheRef
03-30-2014, 06:25 PM
If we have an All-SEC Championship game, that now leaves no major sport that has SEC teams that hasn't had an All-SEC Championship game.

HailState39110
03-30-2014, 06:27 PM
The SEC had 8 teams in the RPI Top 100. Just as many as the ACC BigTen and PAC 12. The Big 12 had 5 teams in the top 100 .

Vandownbytheriver
03-30-2014, 06:37 PM
I thought the running argument for hope for Brick was the SEC sucks? Doesn't this prove otherwise?

Raytoraid83
03-30-2014, 06:53 PM
This obviously isn't the same Kentucky team that was playing in the regular season. A group of young star players like that sometimes need a tournament or big game atmosphere to wake them up. Coach Cal is now 17-2 in the tourney with three final fours while at Kentucky... Wow.

Coach34
03-30-2014, 06:54 PM
I thought the running argument for hope for Brick was the SEC sucks? Doesn't this prove otherwise?

No the argument against him was that the SEC sux and he should be winning easier

msstate7
If we have an All-SEC Championship game, that now leaves no major sport that has SEC teams that hasn't had an All-SEC Championship game.

If this happens, I might win the espn bracket challenge. I'm 99.6% now and have those 2 playing for ship

Joe Schmedlap
I don't think this proves otherwise. Florida was very good from the season tip off. UK gelled over time and are maybe the hottest thing going now. UT overachieved IMO in the NCAA tournament (and should have defeated Michigan). The rest of the SEC did not provide much of a challenge. There are some absolute awful basketball teams in the SEC, just awful. And in years past maybe the bottom 4 or 5 were awful. Now it's like all except 4 or 5 are awful. The bar is set extremely low for Rickray to have success in the conference. That's my opinion anyway.

MarketingBully01
03-30-2014, 07:04 PM
The Final Four (UF, UK, Wisconsin and UConn). Florida's two losses this year were to Wisconsin and UConn.

Florida is the overall #1 seed and Kentucky has 7 McDonald's All Americans on their team that are finally gelling. Granted, I thought Louisville would beat Kentucky but from both teams talent stand point (Florida and Kentucky) it's not shocking they are in the final four.

HailState39110
03-30-2014, 07:07 PM
I don't think this proves otherwise. Florida was very good from the season tip off. UK gelled over time and are maybe the hottest thing going now. UT overachieved IMO in the NCAA tournament (and should have defeated Michigan). The rest of the SEC did not provide much of a challenge. There are some absolute awful basketball teams in the SEC, just awful. And in years past maybe the bottom 4 or 5 were awful. Now it's like all except 4 or 5 are awful. The bar is set extremely low for Rickray to have success in the conference. That's my opinion anyway.

The SEC had 8 teams in the RPI top 100. Just as many as the ACC, Big Ten and PAC 12. Other conferences had bad teams too. For instance in the ACC Virginia Tech, Boston College and Wake Forest were god awful and just as bad as MSU Auburn and Vanderbilt

MarketingBully01
03-30-2014, 07:21 PM
The SEC had 8 teams in the RPI top 100. Just as many as the ACC, Big Ten and PAC 12. Other conferences had bad teams too. For instance in the ACC Virginia Tech, Boston College and Wake Forest were god awful and just as bad as MSU Auburn and Vanderbilt

We had Kentucky, Florida, Tennessee, and Missouri at the top a ton of mediocre teams and USC Auburn and us at the bottom.

What was our record against those 8 top 100 RPI teams? We also lost to an ofer very bad TCU team who did not have their best player playing against us. I understand you needing to defend the league but still doesn't change the fact we had a 13 game losing streak and finished last in the SEC. We would have finished last in the ACC, Big 12, Big 10, and PAC 12 as well.

gtowndawg
03-30-2014, 07:22 PM
In Football, Basketball and Baseball in the past year. But that's probably been done multiple times now that I think about it.

//going out on a limb that at least one of the two will advance.

Coach34
03-30-2014, 07:23 PM
and the SEC was better in 2014 than it was in 2013

HailState39110
03-30-2014, 07:26 PM
We had Kentucky, Florida, Tennessee, and Missouri at the top a ton of mediocre teams and USC Auburn and us at the bottom.

What was our record against those 8 top 100 RPI teams? We also lost to an ofer very bad TCU team who did not have their best player playing against us. I understand you needing to defend the league but still doesn't change the fact we had a 13 game losing streak and finished last in the SEC. We would have finished last in the ACC, Big 12, Big 10, and PAC 12 as well.

I'm not defending us at all. We sucked and had he worst RPI for a team from a power conference. I am defending the league and league only

MarketingBully01
03-30-2014, 07:29 PM
I'm not defending us at all. We sucked and had he worst RPI for a team from a power conference. I am defending the league and league only

Got it. Yes, we are an underrated conference that perception has killed. We were very top heavy this year though. Would be great if it's a Florida/Kentucky final. I will root for the SEC in this case. Would suck for a Wisconsin/UConn final.

Political Hack
03-30-2014, 07:55 PM
who in their right mind would've ever picked Florida and UK in the Final Four?

MarketingBully01
03-30-2014, 07:57 PM
who in their right mind would've ever picked Florida and UK in the Final Four?

You missed the ***. Lol good one Hack.