PDA

View Full Version : SEC Standings as of Sunday night....

CadaverDawg
03-30-2014, 04:36 PM
WEST:

Mississippi State 6-3
Alabama 6-3
Auburn 5-4
Arkansas 4-5
Texas A&M 4-5
Ole Miss 4-5
LSU 3-5-1

EAST:

South Carolina 6-3
Florida 6-3
Vandy 5-4
Kentucky 4-5
Georgia 3-5-1
Mizzou 3-6
Tennessee 3-6

OVERALL:

Mississippi State 6-3
South Carolina 6-3
Florida 6-3
Alabama 6-3
Vandy 5-4
Auburn 5-4
Kentucky 4-5
Arkansas 4-5
A&M 4-5
Ole miss 4-5
LSU 3-5-1
Georgia 3-5-1
Missouri 3-6
Tennessee 3-6

(I know that technically the team with the overall best record would be listed above the other teams with a tied league record...but I did this quickly, and it's too early to look at tie breakers right now.)

I seen it dawg
03-30-2014, 04:49 PM
Once again the league will be a battle of attrition.

MetEdDawg
03-30-2014, 04:54 PM
- We will pass OM no doubt after their sweep this weekend.
- #13 Rice lost 2 of 3 to unranked MTSU this weekend
- #11 Cal State Fullerton lost 2 of 3 to unranked Wichita State
- #7 Oregon lost 2 of 3 to unranked Stanford
- #3 LSU got swept this weekend by Florida. They may fall hard. Not sure if it will be enough for us to pass them though. Taking two will be good for us and the way our pitching has been they have to be concerned about us coming to town next weekend.

Also some RPI updates:
- Arizona took 1 of 3 from #8 Oregon State. Their RPI should go up, which in turn helps our RPI.
- Memphis took 1 of 3 from #17 Houston. That should help their RPI
- Western Carolina took all 3 from Wofford. Not sure how that will affect their RPI but hopefully they will go up some.
- Michigan State looks like they will win 2 of 3 from Minnesota. Minnesota has a higher RPI than them so that should help some.

Arkansas has an RPI of 111 so that's not going to help us much. But overall looks like we will benefit from this weekend. Tied for the lead in the SEC, won our first three series, RPI should go up, and we will get close to cracking the Top 10. Got to love how the team has been playing as a whole during conference play.

blacklistedbully
03-30-2014, 05:31 PM
I figure us getting to #9 or #10 in NCBW, #9 in PG and #10 in BA.

blacklistedbully
03-30-2014, 05:37 PM
PG looking pretty foolish for bumping Ole Miss from #24 to #16 last week. And BA looking almost as bad bumping them 7 spots from #20 to #13.

CadaverDawg
03-30-2014, 07:23 PM
If we are still tied or within a game of the league lead after next Sunday.....watch out. Because our schedule gets much better after next week

Coach34
03-30-2014, 07:30 PM
If we are still tied or within a game of the league lead after next Sunday.....watch out. Because our schedule gets much better after next week

Well, we still have to play a team with no weaknesses after LSU

MarketingBully01
03-30-2014, 07:30 PM
Agreed, Cadaver. Hopefully, LSU remains in their slump at least one more week.

MarketingBully01
03-30-2014, 07:31 PM
Well, we still have to play a team with no weaknesses after LSU

In this league, winning on the road is a premium. We will take 2 of 3 against Ole Miss.

blacklistedbully
03-30-2014, 07:38 PM
In this league, winning on the road is a premium. We will take 2 of 3 against Ole Miss.

Dude, we are at home versus Ole Miss.

jbjones
03-30-2014, 07:42 PM

At Super Bulldog Weekend, no less.

MetEdDawg
03-30-2014, 07:44 PM
Agreed, Cadaver. Hopefully, LSU remains in their slump at least one more week.

They can't hit right now and they have to be seriously concerned about that with us coming to town. They scored 10 total runs this weekend against Florida and 7 of those came today. They only scored 8 total in 3 games against Georgia. They only scored 10 against Vandy. So they are averaging just over 3 runs a game in SEC play. During that same stretch they gave up 16 to Vandy, 3 to UGA which was pretty good, and 19 to Florida.

Compare that to us scoring 11 against UGA, 24 against Vandy, and 10 against Arkansas. We gave up 9 to UGA (7 of those in game 1), 10 to Vandy, and 6 to Arkansas. Add the totals to the first three weekends and you get:

MSU: Avg runs scored per game - 5 Avg runs allowed per game - 2.77
LSU: Avg runs scored per game - 3.11 Avg runs allowed per game - 4.22

I really think we have a chance here to do damage against them. Should be a good matchup for us and I think it should be a good series. Take 2 of 3 and we will be sitting at 8-4 with the toughest part of our schedule out of the way.

engie
03-30-2014, 07:44 PM

Absolutely right.

Very realistic that we could go 10-5 to 11-4 through the last 15 IMO... which resembles our historical norm under Cohen...

We escape Baton Rouge at 8-4 or probably even 7-5, we can probably start dreaming big.

MarketingBully01
03-30-2014, 07:51 PM

Exactly, Coach was sarcastically talking about Ole Miss being the team with no weaknesses. I mention it's hard to win on the road thus taking that series 2 of 3. Where did I say we are playing them in Oxford?

MarketingBully01
03-30-2014, 07:54 PM
Absolutely right.

Very realistic that we could go 10-5 to 11-4 through the last 15 IMO... which resembles our historical norm under Cohen...

We escape Baton Rouge at 8-4 or probably even 7-5, we can probably start dreaming big.

I think our biggest problem might be on Friday night. I think we have a good shot at beating them Saturday and Sunday. I think we get to that magical 8-4 after next weekend.

MarketingBully01
03-30-2014, 08:02 PM
They can't hit right now and they have to be seriously concerned about that with us coming to town. They scored 10 total runs this weekend against Florida and 7 of those came today. They only scored 8 total in 3 games against Georgia. They only scored 10 against Vandy. So they are averaging just over 3 runs a game in SEC play. During that same stretch they gave up 16 to Vandy, 3 to UGA which was pretty good, and 19 to Florida.

Compare that to us scoring 11 against UGA, 24 against Vandy, and 10 against Arkansas. We gave up 9 to UGA (7 of those in game 1), 10 to Vandy, and 6 to Arkansas. Add the totals to the first three weekends and you get:

MSU: Avg runs scored per game - 5 Avg runs allowed per game - 2.77
LSU: Avg runs scored per game - 3.11 Avg runs allowed per game - 4.22

I really think we have a chance here to do damage against them. Should be a good matchup for us and I think it should be a good series. Take 2 of 3 and we will be sitting at 8-4 with the toughest part of our schedule out of the way.

Great statistical analysis there Met. I think we have a very good chance at taking two from LSU. Seems those pieces they lost last year are hurting them more then they thought they might. They definitely are not the team they were last year.

blacklistedbully
03-30-2014, 08:05 PM
Exactly, Coach was sarcastically talking about Ole Miss being the team with no weaknesses. I mention it's hard to win on the road thus taking that series 2 of 3. Where did I say we are playing them in Oxford?

The way you structured your sentences leads the reader to think you are talking about us being on the road. When you say, "Winning on the road is a premium. We will take 2 of 3 from OM", it infers that. Had you said, "Winning on the road is hard. We will take 2 of 3 from Ole Miss", that would have suggested a different meaning. The use of the word, "premium" infers a positive action, that was then followed by the "if,then" of "we will win 2 of 3".

AlmostPositive
03-30-2014, 08:13 PM
You may want to consider the possibility that you are wrong. In any case, you are responsible for your inferences... MarketingBully is responsible for implications, with which in this case there was exactly nothing even remotely faulty...

MetEdDawg
03-30-2014, 08:16 PM
Great statistical analysis there Met. I think we have a very good chance at taking two from LSU. Seems those pieces they lost last year are hurting them more then they thought they might. They definitely are not the team they were last year.

Them and Vandy are both overrated. Neither are a top 5 team in my opinion. Both have talent and are solid ball clubs, but can anyone really say either of those two are clearly better than us? Hell no. We proved that in the Vandy series. We are currently the only team in the SEC left to have not lost a series. Every other team has lost at least one series and we've done that playing @UGA, and playing Vandy and Arkansas at home. Not an easy schedule. Tells me we've got the goods to be there at the end because we pitch and we play defense as well or better than last year.

curmudgeon
03-30-2014, 08:20 PM
This is the best nine game start under Cohen. If we can go 4-2 the next two weekends, we will win the SEC.

MarketingBully01
03-30-2014, 08:27 PM
The way you structured your sentences leads the reader to think you are talking about us being on the road. When you say, "Winning on the road is a premium. We will take 2 of 3 from OM", it infers that. Had you said, "Winning on the road is hard. We will take 2 of 3 from Ole Miss", that would have suggested a different meaning. The use of the word, "premium" infers a positive action, that was then followed by the "if,then" of "we will win 2 of 3".

I apologize that you assumed I meant we were playing Ole Miss on the road. Next time I will make sure that I make myself more clear in how I structure my sentences.

MarketingBully01
03-30-2014, 08:30 PM
You may want to consider the possibility that you are wrong. In any case, you are responsible for your inferences... MarketingBully is responsible for implications, with which in this case there was exactly nothing even remotely faulty...

Thanks AlmostPositive for the defense. I went ahead and apologized anyway since I could see there was a remote possibility that my sentence could be misleading to the average reader.

Todd4State
03-30-2014, 10:13 PM
PG looking pretty foolish for bumping Ole Miss from #24 to #16 last week. And BA looking almost as bad bumping them 7 spots from #20 to #13.

I was pretty confused as to why the baseball experts were so impressed with a home sweep of Missouri? I could see going up a couple of spots- but seven?

blacklistedbully
03-31-2014, 10:15 AM
I apologize that you assumed I meant we were playing Ole Miss on the road. Next time I will make sure that I make myself more clear in how I structure my sentences.

Whatever, dude. I wasn't the only one who got the wrong message from what you posted. While I could have chosen to guess what you really meant, my "assumption" was perfectly legit based on what you posted. With a name like, "MarketingBully101" I'm betting you could do better if it actually meant something.