PDA

View Full Version : The State Astros unis

DanDority
03-30-2014, 02:04 PM
I HATE these things!!!!!

War Machine Dawg
03-30-2014, 02:07 PM
Literally no one likes them. I ****ing hate Adidas.

DanDority
03-30-2014, 02:18 PM
Literally no one likes them. I ****ing hate Adidas.

Because of them and the hideous football uniforms, I'm for telling Adidas to kiss our anus!

Dawg61
03-30-2014, 02:30 PM
Who we getting that's better? Don't even say Nike or Under Armour. It ain't happening. Your anger is misguided. Adidas doesn't tell MSU what to wear. Other way around. Our 1984 decision making Athletic Department is the problem. Once again.

War Machine Dawg
03-30-2014, 02:36 PM
Who we getting that's better? Don't even say Nike or Under Armour. It ain't happening. Your anger is misguided. Adidas doesn't tell MSU what to wear. Other way around. Our 1984 decision making Athletic Department is the problem. Once again.

Yeah, because 10 Adidas schools all coincidentally decided they all want to wear ASStros unis in their school color. It's our AD, has nothing to do with Adidas. Hell, they're doing a great job making sure we aren't wearing the same unis as aTm.**

Get UA. Now.

Dawg61
03-30-2014, 02:42 PM
UA's equipment sucks and Adidas doesn't pick our football uniforms. WE DO.

thedawg
03-30-2014, 03:37 PM
They are awful... I wish we would burn them.... If we ever wear them on TV I'm gonna be pissed

Dirtbagdawg
03-30-2014, 04:05 PM
Why aren't we wearing the Pin Stripes? Why!? Those are hands
Down our best uniforms. We should wear them every game at home
Just like the Yankees do. We haven't worn those in a forever.

DanDority
03-30-2014, 04:21 PM
I'm going to ask Stricklin just who is making the decision. Because, they are almost as bad as our Russell baseball gear.

jbjones
03-30-2014, 05:26 PM
I'm going to ask Stricklin just who is making the decision. Because, they are almost as bad as our Russell baseball gear.

And you expect a paid marketing guy to give you a straight answer? Hiliarous. Our Baseball uniforms are the straw that broke it for me...I quit being a fan of our AD the second our guys stepped on the field this year with those hideous get-ups. Unvelieveable.

They deserve a hell of a lot better than that shiat. Hell, all of MSU's fans deserve better than that. I just feel bad for our guys that have to wear it.

MetEdDawg
03-30-2014, 05:35 PM
Living in Auburn the last 4 years I get to hear a lot of discussion about Under Armour. Most everyone associated with the university absolutely hates them. Hell every interview I've heard with Bruce Pearl down here since he's been hired (which is ridiculous because his show cause doesn't end until August so he's on every radio station pitching Auburn and "talking to recruits" when legally he can't recruit until August), but they ask him every interview how he is going to deal with Under Armour. No one likes it down here and they all view it as a negative in basketball and baseball and bring it up at least once a week and maybe more with coaches and players during interviews.

I've heard Sonny Galloway address many times and they just don't seem to feel that Under Armour is doing the things necessary to help them stay competitive. I'm perfectly fine with Adidas because they are light years ahead of Under Armour in basketball and baseball. If bitching about uniforms is all we have to be pissed about Adidas with, I'm cool with that. Everyone else with Under Armour is having equipment problems, uniform problems, and lack of creativity in branding their university. We may have uniform problems, but Adidas has helped expand our brand and has given us plenty of new stuff to buy to help promote MSU. I'll take Adidas all day right now over Under Armour.

Bothrops
03-30-2014, 05:36 PM
I like the pinstripes, but I like changing it up a lot. We do need to start wearing those again.

Coach34
03-30-2014, 05:44 PM
Give me the old maroon top and gray or white pants and be done with it

mic
03-30-2014, 05:46 PM
We will never go to UA because of Walker "Manning" Jones...

drummerdawg
03-30-2014, 05:47 PM
Guess I'm in the minority but I like our Astros uniform. I love our other unis but these aren't bad at all.

WeWonItAll(Most)
03-30-2014, 05:51 PM
Guess I'm in the minority but I like our Astros uniform. I love our other unis but these aren't bad at all.
I was about to say I guess I'm the only one that likes them...the thing I don't like is that Adidas gave every team they sponsor the exact same uniform. Including Texas A&M

esplanade91
03-30-2014, 05:54 PM
UA is the Mississippi State athletic department of athletic apparel. Whole lot of effort in branding, not a lot of substance.

Aside from reaching on a lot of our designs, Adidas does us right. That's something to bring up with Strickland.

They pump new stuff into our gym's, benches, and book stores like crazy. Nike doesn't even have Ole Miss listed on their website.... Almost every big contract they have in D1 except them. Grass > greener.

DownwardDawg
03-30-2014, 05:57 PM
I HATE these things!!!!!

They are horrible.

DanDority
03-30-2014, 05:59 PM
And you expect a paid marketing guy to give you a straight answer? Hiliarous. Our Baseball uniforms are the straw that broke it for me...I quit being a fan of our AD the second our guys stepped on the field this year with those hideous get-ups. Unvelieveable.

They deserve a hell of a lot better than that shiat. Hell, all of MSU's fans deserve better than that. I just feel bad for our guys that have to wear it.

No. I don't, however, he will have to answer the question, and look me in the face.

War Machine Dawg
03-30-2014, 06:09 PM
I was about to say I guess I'm the only one that likes them...the thing I don't like is that Adidas gave every team they sponsor the exact same uniform. Including Texas A&M

B...b....but...Dawg 61 says WE tell ADIDAS what we want to wear.

jbjones
03-30-2014, 06:16 PM
No. I don't, however, he will have to answer the question, and look me in the face.

I heard that, brother. Please let us know how that crawfishing goes. Good on ya, too.

mic
03-30-2014, 06:22 PM
With Tennessee and Notre Dame both leaving Adidas that should mean more $$ for us.. Only 2 SEC schools left. Us and AM.

DanDority
03-30-2014, 06:24 PM
I heard that, brother. Please let us know how that crawfishing goes. Good on ya, too.

I'll report back. It sounds like you know what he will say already. I know exactly what he is going to do and say. It'll sound a little like this: Well, I've heard a lot about this both good and bad, and the players really like them so we just go with what they want.

Bully13
03-30-2014, 06:26 PM

I thought I'd never live to see the day someone put "Astros" and "uniform like" in the same sentence.

Original48
03-30-2014, 06:49 PM
9 year old neighbor walks in and looks at the TV and says 'what are we wearing? Those are horrible!' Wife later comes in and sits down and says 'are we really wearing those during the game???' Those are the final two in making it a consensus that everybody I know can't stand those ridiculous uniforms.

godlluB
03-30-2014, 07:56 PM
Not only are they horrible from every aesthetic category imaginable, but you can't read the players' f'ing numbers.

Maybe we should petition the NCAA to ban them because the numbers have to be readable.

jbjones
03-30-2014, 09:09 PM
Not only are they horrible from every aesthetic category imaginable, but you can't read the players' f'ing numbers.

Maybe we should petition the NCAA to ban them because the numbers have to be readable.

Seconded.

Dawg61
03-30-2014, 10:54 PM
B...b....but...Dawg 61 says WE tell ADIDAS what we want to wear.

We do. That doesn't stop Adidas from sending us stuff they'd LIKE to see worn. Each game MSU decides to wear whatever uniform we choose. Sometimes whoever at MSU is in charge of the decision of which game uniform to use pulls out the shittiest ones Adidas sent us and says "eh why not let's make Adidas happy today". MSU if wanted could buy every single uniform Adidas makes for college baseball plus the specific ones just for MSU and MSU could then choose to wear a different uniform for every game for the next two or three years probably. If you don't like the uniforms we are wearing your anger needs to be directed at the MSU Athletic Department, Stricklin, Cohen and the equipment manager. Those are the people deciding what we wear. NOT ADIDAS.

War Machine Dawg
03-30-2014, 11:12 PM
We do. That doesn't stop Adidas from sending us stuff they'd LIKE to see worn. Each game MSU decides to wear whatever uniform we choose. Sometimes whoever at MSU is in charge of the decision of which game uniform to use pulls out the shittiest ones Adidas sent us and says "eh why not let's make Adidas happy today". MSU if wanted could buy every single uniform Adidas makes for college baseball plus the specific ones just for MSU and MSU could then choose to wear a different uniform for every game for the next two or three years probably. If you don't like the uniforms we are wearing your anger needs to be directed at the MSU Athletic Department, Stricklin, Cohen and the equipment manager. Those are the people deciding what we wear. NOT ADIDAS.

http://i959.photobucket.com/albums/ae73/MSUDawgBurke/VaderBullshit_zpsab113325.jpg (http://s959.photobucket.com/user/MSUDawgBurke/media/VaderBullshit_zpsab113325.jpg.html)

Lefthandersrule
03-31-2014, 12:54 AM
The problem is when we wear them we WIN! And knowing Cohen and baseball superstition we we continue to wear them.

RAYn_Man
03-31-2014, 09:06 AM
I've heard the starting pitcher decides what uniform we are wearing. So maybe Fitts feels comfortable in that jersey. I've also heard the players like those jerseys.

DanDority
03-31-2014, 09:10 AM
I've heard the starting pitcher decides what uniform we are wearing. So maybe Fitts feels comfortable in that jersey. I've also heard the players like those jerseys.

Wholly cow! I knew it! This must me a quote from Loafers himself.

Five-tool Poster
03-31-2014, 09:17 AM

I have heard the same.

MetEdDawg
03-31-2014, 09:32 AM

I like this. Let the players control this kind of thing. If Fitts feels comfortable in it, then the team has to get some kind of boost from knowing their starting pitcher feels good. I really didn't have a problem with the uniforms. Are they the best? No. But they aren't nearly bad enough for us to bring up dumping Adidas or going on rants about how shitty Adidas is.

dawgs
03-31-2014, 10:27 AM

i'm in this boat. they are kinda retro-cool imo. but it is totally lame that adidas can't vary it up school to school.

engie
03-31-2014, 10:33 AM
That's cool IMO.

Put Woody in the pinstripes and let's get past USM in Pearl, beat Alcorn, and grab the Governor's Cup -- then transition him back to Friday night for the stretch run.