PDA

View Full Version : Damn! Our AD fails AGAIN! Why are we not putting the correct

Dawgowar
03-30-2014, 08:57 AM
emphasis on the sports that matter?

72nd in Bass Fishing? By looks of the scores our guys didn't even register a fish... is the coach that bad? Did our team emphasize pre-tournament beverage consumption fundamentals more than say buying bait? Engie, tell me where I am wrong. Bet we have been recruiting 2 star can-pole fishermen while the other schools are getting 5 Star Fly Casters. We probably can't even afford good outboards for the boats.

http://www.collegiatebasschampionship.com/2014-Open-Final-Results.html

Time to step up and support this team.

Half serious - my Aggie friends routinely brag about their Previous Bass Fishing, Women's Equestrian, and wait for it - Animal Husbandry titles. Just saying there looks to be some low hanging fruit for national titles out there. Maybe we should grab a few of those too.

CadaverDawg
03-30-2014, 09:01 AM
I hear we hired an Assistant crappie fisherman coach from a Big 10 school to be our fishing head coach. Other teams are hiring guys like Bill Dance and Martin from Jaws....we get a guy that sits on the bank with a cane pole and a bucket o crickets from a shitty Big 10 school. Unacceptable. Fire Stricklin!!1!1!!

Original48
03-30-2014, 09:27 AM
From the lakes of northern Canada
To the Gulf of Mexico
Wherever fish are bitin'
That's where we're gonna go
There's a lot of excitin' country
Just waiting to be explored
So join soon in the great outdoor..world of Virgil Ward.

Political Hack
03-30-2014, 09:40 AM
until he trades in his loafers for some hip waders this crap will continue. Inexcusable.

Political Hack
03-30-2014, 09:40 AM
serious question, does he manage the rodeo team, fishing, and all that stuff too? is that considered part of the athletic department?

Dawgowar
03-30-2014, 09:47 AM
serious question, does he manage the rodeo team, fishing, and all that stuff too? is that considered part of the athletic department?

Appears the Bass Fishing is a club, like men's soccer and hockey. Not sure how that meshes with the NCAA sanctioning the Bass Turny. It's another of those mysteries that may never be explained.

dogshiek
03-30-2014, 09:52 AM
Strick needs to cast a wider net to lure in a coaching catch. Damn football needs to kick off soon.

Drugdog
03-30-2014, 09:52 AM
Hire Shannon Denson from Rankin County. The BEST fisherman in Mississippi. Plus he is a huge Bulldog fan. He has won damn near every tournament on the Rez.

State82
03-30-2014, 11:00 AM
Appears the Bass Fishing is a club, like men's soccer and hockey. Not sure how that meshes with the NCAA sanctioning the Bass Turny. It's another of those mysteries that may never be explained.

Yes, college fishing is a club sport that the NCAA has nothing to do with. The tourneys are organized by large organizations or outfitters (Cabela's, FLW, B.A.S.S., etc.)

bully99
03-30-2014, 11:16 AM
Need to hire one of those guys who fish on the rocks below the Barnett reservoir spillway. Seem to be good with a cane pole and have lots of time.

M.Fillmore
03-30-2014, 11:34 AM
When I was at State the MSU Bowling team was really good. Too bad we don't have that team anymore. I heard the school kicked in about $400 per year in funding to the team. Small cost for a team that was really good.

State82
03-30-2014, 12:43 PM
Hire Shannon Denson from Rankin County. The BEST fisherman in Mississippi. Plus he is a huge Bulldog fan. He has won damn near every tournament on the Rez.

Cliff Pace probably disagrees. Shannon is one of the best around, especially on Barnett. But Pace is the best all-around tournament fisherman. Especially when it comes to fishing many different lakes around the country.

preachermatt83
03-30-2014, 12:57 PM
Cliff Pace probably disagrees. Shannon is one of the best around, especially on Barnett. But Pace is the best all-around tournament fisherman. Especially when it comes to fishing many different lakes around the country.

the preacher cliff pace? From Hernando?

State82
03-30-2014, 01:02 PM
the preacher cliff pace? From Hernando?

No, the Cliff Pace I'm talking about is from Petal. He fishes the Bassmaster Elite Series tour which is the top professionals. He won the Bassmasters Classic last year.

sbcmortgageman
03-30-2014, 07:46 PM
We should hire Ed Orgeron to coach our bass team and have him "volunteer" to help on our football team ***

Bass Chaser
03-30-2014, 08:20 PM

Sorry but he is NOT the "Best fisherman in Mississippi". There are a Hell of a lot more lakes than the Rez.

Martianlander
03-31-2014, 07:34 AM
Believe we won a National Championship in meteorology. Maybe the Ref can fill us in on that.

TheRef
03-31-2014, 07:37 AM
Believe we won a National Championship in meteorology. Maybe the Ref can fill us in on that.

3 National Championships in Meteorology. All in the mid-2000s. We have one of the best programs in the nation and it is evidenced by the amount of Meteorologists who have a degree from MSU.

thf24
03-31-2014, 07:46 AM
This is just unacceptable. The lazy recruiting needs to stop. I could go out and find us four SEC-caliber anglers within 0.5 miles of the city center right now. If coach doesn't have 13 sportsmen on the roster by next season, both he and Stricklin can pack their bags. I don't know how anyone expects us to catch a single damn fish with just 12. Oh, and they can also go to if a setting coach isn't hired immediately.

TheRef
03-31-2014, 07:49 AM
This is just unacceptable. The lazy recruiting needs to stop. I could go out and find us four SEC-caliber anglers within 0.5 miles of the city center right now. If coach doesn't have 13 sportsmen on the roster by next season, both he and Stricklin can pack their bags. I don't know how anyone expects us to catch a single damn fish with just 12. Oh, and they can also go to if a setting coach isn't hired immediately.

Also we have a great GIS program so we should be able to pull data from there and map out the best locations for angling.****

Barking 13
03-31-2014, 09:20 AM
It's because they practice on the Tenn-Tom***