PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else feel like they are in bizarro steroid baseball world?

AlSwearengen
03-30-2014, 08:35 AM
I watch us play and we can't hit for shit. But then I look at scores around the league and they are about the same as ours. I am having a hard time adjusting to this new age of college baseball.

Saltydog
03-30-2014, 08:50 AM
changing next year we need to evolve away from the midgets and get some damn pop in the lineup. Serious question though, how much effect will the new baseballs have on scoring? Obviously it will have some but was just wondering how much.

thunderclap
03-30-2014, 09:53 AM
Watching UCLA win the whole thing last year slapping singles and bunting showed just how different college baseball has become. In Game 2 against them we crushed a couple of potential 3 run homers that barely made it to the track. Boring.

Coach34
03-30-2014, 11:47 AM
changing next year we need to evolve away from the midgets and get some damn pop in the lineup. Serious question though, how much effect will the new baseballs have on scoring? Obviously it will have some but was just wondering how much.

There still wont be many HR's hit with the new balls at DNF. The place plays like it's 500 feet to dead center. Crushed balls dont even make it to the track. There will be more doubles- so that is something to be excited about I guess

smootness
03-30-2014, 12:14 PM
changing next year we need to evolve away from the midgets and get some damn pop in the lineup.

Cohen is already doing this...Garner, Collins, Humphreys, Rooker, Ingram, Swinarski, Vallot, Gordon, Burdick, the whole 2015 class. We're not recruiting a bunch of tiny guys anymore. Cohen always recruits ahead of the game.

preachermatt83
03-30-2014, 01:11 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_vbrQrBP0ixY/TAO85AmWpFI/AAAAAAAAAQc/MT8WBMzjJXg/s320/bizarroWorld.jpg