PDA

View Full Version : Current SEC Standings as of Saturday night...

CadaverDawg
03-29-2014, 10:52 PM
West:

Mississippi State 5-3
Alabama 5-3
Auburn 5-4
Arkansas 4-4
Ole Miss 4-4
LSU 3-4-1
Texas A&M 3-5

East:

South Carolina 5-3
Florida 5-3
Vandy 4-4
Kentucky 4-4
Georgia 3-4-1
Tennessee 3-5
Missouri 3-6

It's way too early to start rooting for certain teams to lose IMO...but it's crucial for us to hold serve at home, especially after winning that series on the road at UGA.

MarketingBully01
03-29-2014, 10:58 PM
Thanks for putting this up here. We really have to win tomorrow to ensure the series win and get to 6-3. If we can win two on the road against LSU next weekend, that would be huge. Of course, they are 2-0-1 in the league at home and 1-4 on the road. LSU is also having trouble scoring runs.

I think the league race will be one of the tightest we have seen in a while with a number of teams in it down the stretch. As a lot of you guys have said, being 8-4 after our first 4 series would be huge and set us up nicely down the stretch.

Todd4State
03-29-2014, 11:19 PM
We need to keep winning series. We also need a sweep or two mixed in there as well.

I'm hoping that Brandon Woodruff will be our "secret weapon" down the stretch. Might not happen, but it's what I'm hoping for.

Schultzy
03-29-2014, 11:43 PM
That's right. If Woodruff's performances catch up with his abilities we become as good as anyone out there.

Political Hack
03-30-2014, 07:06 AM
the LSU series is huge next weekend. Winning 2 would be massive, but avoiding brig swept would still leave us in great position to make a run down the stretch. With our starters being a little thin IMO, it seems pretty important to have good seedlings coming into post season play (sec and regional).

Jack Lambert
03-30-2014, 08:06 AM
West:

Mississippi State 5-3
Alabama 5-3
Auburn 5-4
Arkansas 4-4
Ole Miss 4-4
LSU 3-4-1
Texas A&M 3-5

East:

South Carolina 5-3
Florida 5-3
Vandy 4-4
Kentucky 4-4
Georgia 3-4-1
Tennessee 3-5
Missouri 3-6

It's way too early to start rooting for certain teams to lose IMO...but it's crucial for us to hold serve at home, especially after winning that series on the road at UGA.

Looks like we also need Ole Miss to pull one out today. Also need LSU to pull one out as well.

AlmostPositive
03-30-2014, 08:16 AM
Looks like we also need Ole Miss to pull one out today. Also need LSU to pull one out as well.

Your calculator needs some fine tuning: humanity is always served when Ole Miss and LSU lose. Anywhere, anytime.

CadaverDawg
03-30-2014, 08:53 AM

Way too early for that IMO. Bama will come back down to Earth soon enough...so I'd rather them go ahead and sweep Ole Miss. And LSU will go on a run at some point, so I'd prefer them get swept as well. I feel like LSU and OM are our main competition the West...with Bama as a long shot.

In the East, we just need them all to beat up on each other. Need USC and Florida to lose some games...Vandy looks to be average, but I want them to win since we beat them.

maroonmania
03-30-2014, 09:58 AM
Way too early for that IMO. Bama will come back down to Earth soon enough...so I'd rather them go ahead and sweep Ole Miss. And LSU will go on a run at some point, so I'd prefer them get swept as well. I feel like LSU and OM are our main competition the West...with Bama as a long shot.

In the East, we just need them all to beat up on each other. Need USC and Florida to lose some games...Vandy looks to be average, but I want them to win since we beat them.

I know OM was due to lose another close one but looking at the OM-Bama linescore its amazing that Bama only collected 7 hits and committed 4 errors yet still won 6-5. OM had 10 hits and 2 errors.

thunderclap
03-30-2014, 10:39 AM
Impossible. I read on here yesterday about 2 pm that our season was over.

State82
03-30-2014, 10:49 AM
Your calculator needs some fine tuning: humanity is always served when Ole Miss and LSU lose. Anywhere, anytime.

Well put. If this was the last weekend or so, I would have a different perspective.

sleepy dawg
03-30-2014, 12:31 PM
I agree that it's too early to start saying who we need to lose... There's a lot to be played out, and streaks are prevalent in baseball.

That said, the LSU series next week will definitely be big. LSU's record isn't great, but I bet they'll be clicking at some point soon, so we need to take advantage now. If we can get 2 of 3 from them, we are looking will be in great shape.

Jacksondevildog
03-30-2014, 12:41 PM
You can fully expect them to play at a CWS level when we come to town. It will be a battle down there. I hope that we can finish off Arky today and win at least one in Baton Rouge. We will still be in great shape if that happens.