PDA

View Full Version : Have we had any recent spring practice updates? An Orgeron

AlSwearengen
03-29-2014, 12:42 PM
speech update?

CadaverDawg
03-29-2014, 01:40 PM
This is the only thing I've seen leaked....

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/315701_o.gif

mic
03-29-2014, 02:00 PM
Dak looked really good passing.
All the WR looked real good. Very few drops . and we passed a lot
TE's looked good. Of course MoJo but Gus looked very good. Has great hands. Caught a lot of balls in traffic
Def was very basic . Im not worried about them. <ostly just 3 and 4 man fronts with very few blitzes. (Jones, Eulls , PJ, Hughes all didn't practice.)
JRob played none. And did basically grass drills and up and downs. Not sure if he is nicked up or in dog house
Morrow ran with basically the 3's and walkons. But did make one great catch
I think the Oline played and looked good. Hev wasn't getting in their ass much.. You cant hit the QB's so it was hard to tell how the pass protection really was
Defense is very fast
Shump and Griff both looked good
Damien looked good I thought and Fitz threw the ball well for his first scrimmage

But the SP was bad. Missed a fg that wasn't even close from about 37 and a PAT.

I only stayed a little over an hour so I didn't see it all..

War Machine Dawg
03-29-2014, 02:36 PM
TE's looked good. Of course MoJo but Gus looked very good. Has great hands. Caught a lot of balls in traffic
Def was very basic . Im not worried about them. <ostly just 3 and 4 man fronts with very few blitzes. (Jones, Eulls , PJ, Hughes all didn't practice.)
JRob played none. And did basically grass drills and up and downs. Not sure if he is nicked up or in dog house
I think the Oline played and looked good. Hev wasn't getting in their ass much.. You cant hit the QB's so it was hard to tell how the pass protection really was
Defense is very fast
Damien looked good I thought and Fitz threw the ball well for his first scrimmage

B...b...but I keep being told his RS JR year is too soon to know Morrow won't be a factor!

Ugh. That part really pisses me off. STs could be the difference in 8 wins or 10 wins next season.

thunderclap
03-29-2014, 02:43 PM
I'm already have nightmares about our ST 17ing up what could be a big year.

ShotgunDawg
03-29-2014, 02:46 PM
Fitzgerald is a man. More talented than Dak at same age. Yes I said that. He is a 6'5" elite athlete with a short compact throwing motion. He just needs to develop his accuracy, instincts, and Pocket awareness. It looks as if Mullen has pulled the wool over college football's eyes once again, just like he did Dak.

Our future at QB looks magnificent. Staley better come on campus ready to play because Fitz can play and looks like an unpolished NFL type prospect.

The other surprise was Nick Griffin, this guy is in emaculate shape an is playing very well. Don't be surprised to see him be a major factor.

Our receivers and QBs looked very good and are in sync.

This could be the best team of our lifetime folks. Better offense than the late 90s teams. We are deep, and have talent. We just need a kicker.

dawg21
03-29-2014, 02:58 PM
I've been saying for months that Fitz and Staley were very close talent wise at QB. Great that we them both.

hailmari
03-29-2014, 02:59 PM
Man, I hope the walk-on kicker coming in from Texas can cure my anxiety there..

esplanade91
03-29-2014, 03:10 PM
For the love of all things good and holy... Sign a damn JUCO kicker.

99jc
03-29-2014, 07:22 PM
Sign a 17'n Mexican soccer player hell there are 300 million to choose from.

BiscuitEater
03-29-2014, 08:04 PM
Man, I hope the walk-on kicker coming in from Texas can cure my anxiety there..

Like ... is he coming for sure? Name?

Mutt the Hoople
03-29-2014, 08:19 PM
Orgeron's success at USC points out the moral, ethical, and genetic inferiority of Ole Miss.

Maroons
03-29-2014, 10:39 PM
Mark it down, he wil develop into a better runner than Dak. I'm thrilled we have him.

MarketingBully01
03-29-2014, 10:53 PM
Defense is very fast

Great synopsis Mic. Yes, special teams worry me as well.

mic
03-29-2014, 11:37 PM
And one other thing Dez Harris will play a lot this year.. he is very good..

Saltydog
03-30-2014, 07:56 AM
was limited with a broken finger.

dawgoneyall
03-30-2014, 09:37 AM
At practice also. ST's look really terrible. Wish I could something positive but can't.

Wait ST defense looked good against our punting and kicking.