PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting

Rick Danko
03-28-2014, 03:45 PM
I know it's a big baseball weekend, but listening to head to head and they were discussing Patterson from Petal. Made me wonder, does anyone have any recent updates worth talking about on a a Friday? Just curious.

ETA. Not just Patterson, but anyone we are looking at

Schultzy
03-28-2014, 04:08 PM
GP say Tommy Champion 3* OT from Callaway with an offer from bama might commit to us soon.

Fwiw

Rick Danko
03-28-2014, 04:19 PM
Good to hear, hope we are able to pull several O lineman

Ifyouonlyknew
03-28-2014, 04:37 PM
I think we can put Champion, Jamal Danley, Keith Joseph, Justin Jonson, & Jonnas Spivey all on commit watch.

hailmari
03-28-2014, 04:45 PM
Add in Malik Dear, I guess.. He apparently drives up to visit quite often.

Rick Danko
03-28-2014, 04:50 PM
I guess I was wrong but I thought, at least at one time, that Spivey was an OM lean?

Ifyouonlyknew
03-28-2014, 05:09 PM
Add in Malik Dear, I guess.. He apparently drives up to visit quite often.

I started to put Dear bc I think we lead by a large margin but nobody seems to be sure when he may commit.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-28-2014, 05:10 PM
I guess I was wrong but I thought, at least at one time, that Spivey was an OM lean?

He was at 1 time but the OM slow play has turned him off & most expect him to commit to MSU in the next couple of months. Now if OM offers then we'll see how much love for OM he has.

Coach34
03-28-2014, 06:15 PM
This recruiting cycle is going to be insane come Nov-Jan

hailmari
03-28-2014, 07:00 PM
Spivey and Cam Myers seem to be very similar players, it'd be nice to have one on each side of the ball. Us landing Spivey, Farrod Green, and Adams might the ticket to getting Leo Lewis.. That'd be a freaking jackpot.

engie
03-28-2014, 07:19 PM
Spivey and Cam Myers seem to be very similar players, it'd be nice to have one on each side of the ball. Us landing Spivey, Farrod Green, and Adams might the ticket to getting Leo Lewis.. That'd be a freaking jackpot.

Jamal Peters as well... in that case...

paco
03-28-2014, 07:48 PM
Patterson will be hard to get away from the rebs.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-28-2014, 09:13 PM

Spivey is around 6'1 185-190lbs he'll be a wr for us. Myers is 5'11 170lbs I think his future is at CB & I think he has All-SEC potential there.

Todd4State
03-29-2014, 02:21 AM
My educated guesses:

Dear- As of now I've heard he is going to commit on NSD. He has been back and forth, but that's the latest I've heard at the moment.

Champion- I'm thinking he will commit during camp. He's supposedly bringing his parents up at that time, so I think after that he pulls the trigger.

Leo Lewis- Rosebowl said he may announce at an All-Star game.

Jovan Patterson- I don't think much has changed there. I'm guessing he will announce in December since he will be an EE unless someone blows him away in camp or when he goes to a game. It's going to be a battle, but we're in it and we have Tony Hughes.

Keith Joseph-- Surprised he didn't commit when he got an offer from us. Will probably commit sooner than later.

Jonnas Spivey- I'm honestly not sure when he will commit, but honestly I would be surprised if it's before December. I think he is going to go through the process.

Todd4State
03-29-2014, 02:25 AM
Spivey is around 6'1 185-190lbs he'll be a wr for us. Myers is 5'11 170lbs I think his future is at CB & I think he has All-SEC potential there.

I've seen Cam Myers play and I'm pretty sure he is taller than 5'11". He's more like 6'2". I think he's a WR for us, but I do agree that he is athletic enough to possibly play CB and if he bulks up he could easily be a LB or a H-back for us. He's a tremendous athlete.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-29-2014, 10:47 AM
I've seen Cam Myers play and I'm pretty sure he is taller than 5'11". He's more like 6'2". I think he's a WR for us, but I do agree that he is athletic enough to possibly play CB and if he bulks up he could easily be a LB or a H-back for us. He's a tremendous athlete.

I also thought he was around 6'2 but he measured 5'11" 170lbs at the Rivals camp in Hattiesburg a couple weeks ago.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-29-2014, 10:51 AM
My educated guesses:

Dear- As of now I've heard he is going to commit on NSD. He has been back and forth, but that's the latest I've heard at the moment.

Champion- I'm thinking he will commit during camp. He's supposedly bringing his parents up at that time, so I think after that he pulls the trigger.

Leo Lewis- Rosebowl said he may announce at an All-Star game.

Jovan Patterson- I don't think much has changed there. I'm guessing he will announce in December since he will be an EE unless someone blows him away in camp or when he goes to a game. It's going to be a battle, but we're in it and we have Tony Hughes.

Keith Joseph-- Surprised he didn't commit when he got an offer from us. Will probably commit sooner than later.

Jonnas Spivey- I'm honestly not sure when he will commit, but honestly I would be surprised if it's before December. I think he is going to go through the process.

Dear - I wouldn't be surprised if he committed today & I wouldn't be surprised if he committed in February.
Champion - I agree I think he shuts his down at camp.
Lewis - Nothing is happening for a while get comfortable.
Patterson - He said he'll be announcing in November.
Joseph - I expect him to commit at the spring game.
Spivey - He has said he's committing late spring, early summer.