PDA

View Full Version : Any chance we play tonight?

HancockCountyDog
03-28-2014, 09:32 AM
Some SSC folk are going up to the game and have a ticket for me, but it just looks like rain.

Arkansas has a SSC alum (Krisjonn Wilkerson) he thought about walking on at MSU a few years back on the football team - I thought he signed with USM, but he is now at Arkansas.

SSC is starting to crank out quality players every year. It didn't used to be that way, Stephen Peterman was the first one that I can remember (I know Doc Blanchard went to SSC) that went to the SEC, but now it seems they have a quality kid there every 2 or 3 years. Im not sure what the hold up is for us to offer the Gibson kid, Im sure we will eventually.

sandwolf
03-28-2014, 09:47 AM
Based on weather.com's hourly forecast, it definitely doesn't look good for tonight.....60%-80% chance of rain during game time. And tomorrow shows a 0% chance all afternoon, so I wouldn't be surprised to see a double header tomorrow.

engie
03-28-2014, 09:49 AM
We'll see...

Pretty hard to rain them out with the playing surface and drainage system that we have in place now...

starkvegasdawg
03-28-2014, 09:58 AM
Keep in mind the severe weather threat tonight too. That may play a factor. Doubt they want a hail storm dumping on top of the stadium with all those people there and no shelter. Almost wouldn't be surprised if they do a preemptive cancellation and DH tomorrow, but I say that having no clue what their policy is.

TheRef
03-28-2014, 10:00 AM
We'll see...

Pretty hard to rain them out with the playing surface and drainage system that we have in place now...

Maybe so...but the lightning delays could definitely threaten the game. Also, this should be a fairly heavy rain event. So I don't see us playing tonight and I do see us playing a DH tomorrow. First game at 2:00 and the second around 6:00.

TheRef
03-28-2014, 10:03 AM
Keep in mind the severe weather threat tonight too. That may play a factor. Doubt they want a hail storm dumping on top of the stadium with all those people there and no shelter. Almost wouldn't be surprised if they do a preemptive cancellation and DH tomorrow, but I say that having no clue what their policy is.

The lead MSU Athletics meteorologist will post his forecast and give it to the MSU Staff around 1:00 PM. That's when we will know what will happen as far as if we will attempt a game today. I'm going to work on a Saturday forecast and go ahead and assume we will have a DH just in case.

HancockCountyDog
03-28-2014, 10:04 AM
Maybe so...but the lightning delays could definitely threaten the game. Also, this should be a fairly heavy rain event. So I don't see us playing tonight and I do see us playing a DH tomorrow. First game at 2:00 and the second around 6:00.

sold;

Im trying to convince these folk not to go up tonight, so far no luck.

TheRef
03-28-2014, 10:05 AM
sold;

Im trying to convince these folk not to go up tonight, so far no luck.

When is your deadline to convince them not to leave?

HancockCountyDog
03-28-2014, 11:33 AM
When is your deadline to convince them not to leave?

Probably 2:00;

TheRef
03-28-2014, 11:34 AM
Probably 2:00;

Official word should come around 1:15-1:30