PDA

View Full Version : The Curmudgeon Cares About Women's Sports: Women's NIT Edition

curmudgeon
03-27-2014, 09:05 PM
Because the Baylor/Wisconsin game is a blowout, I have brought up the women's live stats.

There is 3:11 left and we are down 50-48 to Auburn. Oh wow, what a finish we will have!

We just tied it up with a pair of free throws and apparently missed a layup. 2:57 and its 50-50.

Nine seconds later, live stats tell me its 52-51 MSU. GO LADY DOGS!!!!

Someone named K. Grant has 20 points but is on the bench with four fouls. Get her in the game!

With 2:11 left, we're up 53-51 but I can't figure out how.

M. Alwal has 10 points and 11 rebounds. I like that kind of player.

This is high drama. I can't believe this is not on national TV.

We have attempted 50 shots and made 19. I'm not sure how the people there can contain their excitement.

I don't know what is going on. Auburn called a :30 time out like 5 minutes ago. I'd better text all my friends that are among the 400 people there.

Back to live action. Somehow its 54-53.

Now its 55-54 MSU with 1:25 left. We are trading free throws. What finesse these girls play with.

Alright, still 55-54 with 1:01 left. We have the ball. We got this.

47 turnovers between these two teams. This feels like a NCAA Sweet 16 game because it looks the same.

Another pair of free throws 57-54. I can smell the Women's NIT Elite Eight. Just 52 seconds away.

South Florida and George Washington are playing opposite us. I'm going to check their live stats out to see who we will play because there is a break in the action.

South Florida won! I wonder if we can outbid them and get another home women's game next week.

Auburn is missing shots. :39 seconds left we have the ball and a THREE POINT LEAD. Bring on the Lady Bulls. Or are they the cows?

Where is K. Grant? She has TWENTY POINTS. Why isn't she in the game Vic Schaffer?????????????????????

Two seconds left and we are at the free throw line up three. Ice this one down, we're going to the Elite Eight, boys!

Coach34
03-27-2014, 09:08 PM
Congrats to the TittyDawgs!!!! Great win girls

TheRef
03-27-2014, 09:11 PM
We will play USF Sunday at 5:00 PM at the Hump for those of you who will be staying in Starkville after the baseball game.

preachermatt83
03-27-2014, 09:35 PM
Curmudgeon, good grief you can really be a jerk.. I must admit the "are they cows" line was freaking hilarious. Classic! I literally laughed out loud.

CadaverDawg
03-27-2014, 10:17 PM
Congrats to the TittyDawgs!!!! Great win girls

Classless***

#TITchampsburg