PDA

View Full Version : 2012 College Athletics Revenues...

engie
05-07-2013, 11:39 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/schools/finances/

SEC:
4 Alabama
5 Florida
6 Texas A&M
7 LSU
10 Auburn
12 Tennessee
14 Arkansas
18 Georgia
19 Kentucky
21 South Carolina
38 MSU
51 Ole Miss
52 Missouri
n/a Vandy

We're not quite playing in the big leagues yet -- but we are well on our way.

Pretty impressive considering our stadium will easily bring in $8-10 mil more in the future -- and I remember reading that our basketball revenue was off by several million this year. We could conceivably be knocking on the door of the top 25 in the next couple of years...

msstate7
05-07-2013, 11:44 PM
I figured Missouri would be ahead of us and ole miss. They certainly should be.

engie
05-07-2013, 11:46 PM
Not real sure how their Big12 Exit Fee fits into the scenario. They definitely lost like $16mil in their athletics dept last year according to these numbers...

msstate7
05-07-2013, 11:48 PM
A terrible year in football probably didnt help either.

msstate7
05-07-2013, 11:53 PM
How long can Texas keep underperforming Mack brown? Texas' revenue was almost a $100 million more than ours. Wow

Todd4State
05-08-2013, 12:03 AM
I figured Missouri would be ahead of us and ole miss. They certainly should be.

Here's how people in Missouri are regarding Mizzou. You live in Missouri. You go to college- you probably go to Mizzou. Yeah, there are other places, but in general you go to Mizzou. Then you graduate and you don't go back until your kids go to college. They are VERY well located- about 100 miles from St. Louis, depending on which suburb you live in, it may be more like 50 depending on where you live, and about 100 from Kansas City. Also not far from Jefferson City which is probably about the size of Jackson maybe a little smaller, and it's also not too terribly far from Springfield. That's why they are one of the largest schools in the country in terms of enrollment.

They get hurt by the Cardinals, Royals, Rams, Chiefs, and Blues. That's where their alumni are spending their entertainment dollars. Notice there is no NBA team and the popularity of Mizzou's basketball team.

Todd4State
05-08-2013, 12:08 AM
A terrible year in football probably didnt help either.

I highly doubt very many of their fans noticed. They are going to have to find a way to get a commitment from their fans to survive competitively in the SEC in football and baseball. If they hire a dynamic coach, they could be very good in baseball. You can put together a pretty good team from players in KC and St. Louis. I'd try to hit Indiana and Chicago hard too.