PDA

View Full Version : Something Screwey is Going On...

rabbitthedawg
03-26-2014, 12:45 PM
...just got my call for my Club Level reseating! I'm giving in excess of $5500 a year and was bumped back from the 30 yard line to the five yard line. I ain't a happy camper! Be better off with five seats in the Scoreboard Club than two in the CL. Geeezz!

RobbieRandolph
03-26-2014, 12:50 PM
That's not screwy. You obviously didn't give 25k over 5 years to the TTF like many many others did.

Esmerelda Villalobos
03-26-2014, 12:52 PM
As I figured, this was going to be the case. Wait until they redo the west side. It will be thunderdome

scoreboard club seems to be the play for this year. I understand there are still availabilities there too.

coastdoglover
03-26-2014, 12:58 PM
Same thing happened to me so I can only assume they are counting pledges more than what has been given over the years. Probably going to send me to the SEC Network next year. When you screw those who brought you to the dance, it is time to quit dancing.

...just got my call for my Club Level reseating! I'm giving in excess of $5500 a year and was bumped back from the 30 yard line to the five yard line. I ain't a happy camper! Be better off with five seats in the Scoreboard Club than two in the CL. Geeezz!

Coach34
03-26-2014, 01:09 PM
Cool- now you can direct more money to basketball

Doc
03-26-2014, 01:10 PM
That's not screwy. You obviously didn't give 25k over 5 years to the TTF like many many others did.

Isn't the $25,000 to the TTF campaign in addition to the surcharge that Is required to secure seats? It was my understanding that you had to pay for both.

Esmerelda Villalobos
03-26-2014, 01:16 PM
Isn't the $25,000 to the TTF campaign in addition to the surcharge that Is required to secure seats? It was my understanding that you had to pay for both.

I believe so doc. However, if you are forking over $1200 for seats and tickets already (family if 4 equals $4800), what is another $4800 over 5 years to someone that can afford 25k over 5?

Ill be monitoring this closely. It will get interesting. I think the west side is where you see hell break lose. There are a lot of $100 a year BC guys over there with 45 yard line seats. They will be pissed.

I see both sides. I have a friend that called the BC and wanted section 107 a few years ago. Told them he would write whatever amount it took. They said there was no amount and nothing could be done. So he gave the minimum.

I think anyone that is under 800 in BC (currently sitting on west side) will be happy.

Dawgbite
03-26-2014, 02:27 PM
I haven't looked but I think current year giving counts as 1 point per $100 donated. Past years donations count as .5 points per $100 donated. $10,000.00 donated this year would be greater than $19,000.00 given $1000.00 per year over the last 19 years.

PassInterference
03-26-2014, 02:47 PM
I am really surprised. I thought the massive increase in the supply of premium seats would have been better for everybody.

rabbitthedawg
03-26-2014, 03:02 PM
Cool- now you can direct more money to basketball
That is cool coach...really cool!

dickiedawg
03-26-2014, 03:32 PM
I am really surprised. I thought the massive increase in the supply of premium seats would have been better for everybody.

Yeah. Me too. As for reseating the "general population," I'm a little concerned but not overly so. The TTF, as I understand it, ticks me off a little bit. You're letting someone who has pledged $25k over 5 years pick over someone who (hypothetically) gives double that amount annually with a lifetime giving of 6 figures?

Reseating based on BDC points I get. But if I were Joe WellToDo, and had been buying club seats for 16 years and here comes Johnny Come Lately and getting 50-yard line seats while my bum is sitting on the 15, I'd be raising hell. For Tommy Everyman, I don't think the TTFs will make much impact. Who is pledging $5k/year ABOVE the minimum seat requirements to sit in the bleachers?

shannondawg
03-26-2014, 03:38 PM
Same thing happened to me so I can only assume they are counting pledges more than what has been given over the years. Probably going to send me to the SEC Network next year. When you screw those who brought you to the dance, it is time to quit dancing.

Gramps, get off that pocketbook.

WPDawg
03-26-2014, 04:13 PM
If you are going to be SEC good, then more money is needed. So the deep pocket Band wagon flyers will be the tail that wags the dawg. Personally, I gave up several years ago of being a season ticket holder. They priced me out of my perceived value of the experience and it outgrew my budget for sports attendance. I am full blooded Maroon and will make the big trips and have attended Final Four, Omaha , bowl games but the season ticket thing whether good seats or bad has passed my coverage or need. Hope you rich guys and corporations keep footing the bill. Wheres the remote.....

Homedawg
03-26-2014, 04:21 PM

Well basically what happened in his case is people who bought club seats after him, might be a year after, might be more, but have a higher rank jumped him. Add the people who gave the 25k to ttf and those jumped him too. Sucks but that's the reality of it.

Buddy
03-26-2014, 05:37 PM
Last I heard less than 300 people had pledged to the TTF fund so that's all that would have bumped to the front of the line. And you have to figure some of those are west-side chairback ticket holders and skybox owners. So, it definitely has an effect on club level seating but I can't imagine that its the only factor in play here. I just think alot of folks have increased their regular giving in the past couple of years to position themselves so they could get better seats.

Esmerelda Villalobos
03-26-2014, 05:43 PM
I can say, with 100% certainty, that a lot of long time BC members made a huge push this year. Not to the TTF fund but to get their BC number up.

A lot of folks gave more than normal and dropped a hundred spots. Reason is a lot of folks, who no matter what they gave, couldnt move up until this year.

So all the die hard long timers, if you aint got the wallet, you aint in the game anymore. It sucks but it is the price to pay to compete.

Same thing will happen at baseball in two years Id imagine

civildawg
03-26-2014, 06:00 PM
What bdc rank do you think you will have to be to keep the lower level home side tickets?

Esmerelda Villalobos
03-26-2014, 06:04 PM
I have no clue on lower level. Id say 800 and down is safe for west side chairbacks. Maybe up to 1000 and down.

I didnt want to risk it this year so moved over to Scoreboard club, just to see how it plays out. I will still have a couple of chairbacks on the west side though.

I imagine the CL on east side is where people that have paid good money and moved down are pissed. I imagine the west side will be different. Some of those premium seats at the 50 are people who have just been coming forever and not pitching in. They will be left out to dry. I dont imagine anyone will care because they dont have much skin in the game, other than watching shitty football for 30 years.

I also think, like everything in life, these will be a case by case call.

Coach34
03-26-2014, 09:08 PM
Same thing will happen at baseball in two years Id imagine

yep...gonna be more pissed off about that fo sho

Dawgface
03-26-2014, 09:39 PM
If you are going to be SEC good, then more money is needed. So the deep pocket Band wagon flyers will be the tail that wags the dawg. Personally, I gave up several years ago of being a season ticket holder. They priced me out of my perceived value of the experience and it outgrew my budget for sports attendance. I am full blooded Maroon and will make the big trips and have attended Final Four, Omaha , bowl games but the season ticket thing whether good seats or bad has passed my coverage or need. Hope you rich guys and corporations keep footing the bill. Wheres the remote.....

Yes....thank god for cable. Im not one of the big boys and no point in trying. But I will continue to send my small donation to the bdc. Maybe they can use it on stamps mailing season tickets to the big dogs.

Harrydawg
03-26-2014, 09:49 PM
Is there not a website that will let us see what seats are being claimed as we go thru this process?

Dawgbite
03-27-2014, 06:42 AM
Is there not a website that will let us see what seats are being claimed as we go thru this process?

If there is, I haven't found it. All I can find is the 3d view of the field. I pick today in the Scoreboard , the 3D view shows aisles up the outside of 114 and 116 but the seating chart doesn't show them and none show availability of individual seats.

Buddy
03-27-2014, 07:08 AM
Mike Richey said yesterday in the chat that there will be an interactive chart that will be updated daily as seats are picked. I think it will be linked on the 3D site.

Dawgbite
03-27-2014, 07:40 AM
I think. Scoreboard started picking yesterday at 2 and as of this morning, I can't find a seating chart that shows the individual seats, how many seats in each row, much less what it taken or available. They may give you a site to access when they call. I kinda feel sorry for the people doing the calling , as unorganized as this seems to be and half the CL pissed, you can bet they are getting an ear full.

thedawg
03-27-2014, 07:50 AM
I live far out of town and have never gotten tickets. I do donate a paltry amount to the bulldog club. So pardon my ignorance but someone give me a quick summary of just how much money it costs for decent tickets in donations and ticket costs.

Esmerelda Villalobos
03-27-2014, 08:08 AM
A decent seat and ticket is $1100 minimum

Buddy
03-27-2014, 08:28 AM
I live far out of town and have never gotten tickets. I do donate a paltry amount to the bulldog club. So pardon my ignorance but someone give me a quick summary of just how much money it costs for decent tickets in donations and ticket costs.

"Decent seats" are different for each person.... here's a link to the seating chart with required donations.

http://msubulldogclub.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/2014_STADIUM_LAYOUT_WITH_PRICES.pdf