PDA

View Full Version : Dick Cross doesn't understand

M.Fillmore
03-25-2014, 09:13 PM
Dick doesn't understand how a team with no weaknesses can lose to a .500 USM team.

601Dawg
03-25-2014, 09:58 PM
A .500 USM team at that

Todd4State
03-25-2014, 10:03 PM
Well, technically USM is one game over .500 now.

engie
03-25-2014, 10:18 PM
Technically, I'll be shocked if USM still has the same coach next year...

Why do they put themselves through this same cycle every year?

- Dominate the nonconference
- Win a couple early SEC series and look good doing it
Sprout wool and start talking a bunch of shit
- Midseason lull -- capped by a bunch of crappy midweek losses -- and a run of SEC series losses
Fanbase gives up and is ready to fire Bianco
- Strong finish -- winning a couple of late SEC series and generally having a good showing in Hoover
Fanbase begins to have hope again, but doesn't allow themselves to talk any noise
- Exit in Regionals/SuperRegionals -- often in spectacularly mismanaged/choking fashion
Fanbase back on the fire Bianco train for another offseason. With talks of how they are an elite baseball job that could easily Pull O'Conner from Va or McDonnell from Louisville.
Fanbase begins to have hope again as fall practice reports roll in, all the new freshmen and JUCOs are studs, and this group has the mentality that takes them to Omaha.

Rinse, repeat...every single year...

Todd4State
03-25-2014, 10:26 PM
I agree engie- but can you clarify- are you saying that you will be shocked if USM has the same coach or Ole Miss? All of the above is a choice as well.

esplanade91
03-25-2014, 10:35 PM
Buddy of mine is a writer for USM and says it'll take a miracle for their coach to be back. I also think Bianco is done.

engie
03-25-2014, 10:42 PM
I think Bianco is coming back barring something bad. They are sitting in a really good position to host if they can go 17-13 in conference...

This OM team is better than the past couple -- regardless of what happened tonight. They aren't wowing -- but the Godwin factor in their recruiting and offensive development is just now coming into effect -- and I think given time, that part of their game will be excellent. But as long as Bianco is there to mismanage the pitching staff, I don't know if they can ever take another step forward...