PDA

View Full Version : Will you celebrate Women's WNIT Championship?

TheRef
03-25-2014, 10:53 AM
Just a good question for the board to consider. Would you celebrate and brag on a WNIT championship by our Women's basketball team? Right now we are in the Sweet 16 and will face Auburn in the Hump on Thursday. I would celebrate. I would gladly wear the t-shirts when they would come available. I'm willing to brag about just about anything.

starkvegasdawg
03-25-2014, 11:10 AM
Absolutely. We'd brag on a men's NIT championship so I'd be right there bragging on one by the titty dawgs too.

RC3
03-25-2014, 11:23 AM
short answer: no
It's womens basketball and its the NIT. I would be happy and proud for them but you wouldnt hear me rejoicing, celebrating or smack talking in any fashion

quickstrike2
03-25-2014, 11:29 AM
No, but i would be proud for them. A USM co-worker this morning asked me, "didn't we beat y'all last night?" And it took me a second to realize he meant WNIT and i said, no y'all couldn't even beat us is that. And i felt weird for talked women's basketball smack as harmless at it was.

CooterDavenport
03-25-2014, 11:30 AM
NITitChampsVille.

dickiedawg
03-25-2014, 11:33 AM
It's a great question.

Last night was a gritty performance by our Lady Dawgs and one heck of a fun game. If they were to win the NIT, I'd be very proud of them, it would be a great accomplishment and I'd be super excited about what they can accomplish once the fabled '14 signing class gets here (already am, actually). I'd buy a T-Shirt.

I doubt I would do anything that could be construed as "bragging" though.

Political Hack
03-25-2014, 11:38 AM
I would add Men's basketball to his list of responsibilities.

coastdoglover
03-25-2014, 11:55 AM
Of course. wouldn't talk any smack but this coach has shown he can coach and recruit. We ought to be plenty good next year.

curmudgeon
03-25-2014, 11:58 AM
You would seriously buy a t-shirt for a women's NIT championship?

I am just confirming that these people exist.

TheRef
03-25-2014, 12:00 PM
You would seriously buy a t-shirt for a women's NIT championship?

I am just confirming that these people exist.

Yupp. I'm a State fan through-and-through and I will brag on any NCAA-sanctioned sport and even some non-NCAA sports.

maroonmania
03-25-2014, 12:44 PM
No, because we aren't going to win one anyway. Took 2OT to beat USM AT HOME last night. We won't last much longer.

TheRef
03-25-2014, 12:49 PM
No, because we aren't going to win one anyway. Took 2OT to beat USM AT HOME last night. We won't last much longer.

Playing Auburn at home Thursday night. We are 0-2 against them on the season with an 8 point loss at home and another 8 point loss on the road. This team is a little bit better than they were on the beginning of the year. So it's entirely possible to beat them. Auburn, in the WNIT, won against Furman (78-64) and Old Dominion (82-59). Also, with us hosting it means that we are the higher seed in this. So take what you wish from this.

notsofarawaydawg
03-25-2014, 01:46 PM
I sit back and read the crap some of you type here and it helps me totally understand why attendance was not very good this year with the men's team. You have the mentality that you won't go unless we are guaranteed a win which, as a fan, is pathetic. You'd rather sit in your recliner with your iPad and constantly criticize everything about the program and never put your butt in a seat to support it. You've never seen the women play probably and yet you downplay the sport as if it's nothing but a nuisance. I've been in a seat at the Hump all season for both teams and just want to puke when I read some of the comments posted during games. You are truly what we call bandwagon fans. Hell yeah I would buy and wear any championship t-shirt from MSU.

TheRef
03-25-2014, 01:53 PM
I sit back and read the crap some of you type here and it helps me totally understand why attendance was not very good this year with the men's team. You have the mentality that you won't go unless we are guaranteed a win which, as a fan, is pathetic. You'd rather sit in your recliner with your iPad and constantly criticize everything about the program and never put your butt in a seat to support it. You've never seen the women play probably and yet you downplay the sport as if it's nothing but a nuisance. I've been in a seat at the Hump all season for both teams and just want to puke when I read some of the comments posted during games. You are truly what we call bandwagon fans. Hell yeah I would buy and wear any championship t-shirt from MSU.

http://jokerreport.typepad.com/.a/6a00e393366a1a88340154373f9682970c-pi

tcdog70
03-25-2014, 02:07 PM
I'm not a big smack talker. But I am proud anytime one of our teams has success. I think VS is going to make all Bulldogs proud--He get's it. How can Scott make that good hire and totally 17 up the Men's hire? So, with that being said just gourd head and spank that lady barner ass.

coastdoglover
03-25-2014, 02:12 PM

Excellent post. I would not be surprised if they beat Auburn but they will have to shoot the ball better than they did last night.

RC3
03-25-2014, 02:23 PM

fwiw, i wouldnt go to the games if we were competing in the NCAAs...so just because i dont like a particular sport, i am bad/bandwagon fan? i have also never been to a mens or womens track event, tennis match, bass fishing tournament, volleyball match, ice hockey match, or softball game? Why?? because I am a bad msu fan? no disphit, its because those sports dont interest me, just like womens basketball. more power to you if you are into it though. congrats

Johnson85
03-25-2014, 02:28 PM
Just a good question for the board to consider. Would you celebrate and brag on a WNIT championship by our Women's basketball team? Right now we are in the Sweet 16 and will face Auburn in the Hump on Thursday. I would celebrate. I would gladly wear the t-shirts when they would come available. I'm willing to brag about just about anything.

I wouldn't brag about a men's NIT championship. I'd be happy to have one, and be thrilled if it was with a young team, meaning we got valuable tournament experience that might help the next year in the NCAA.

As far as the WNIT, I will be happy for them if they do well, but if I were going to choose between a women's NIT champinoship and another ECO Car championship, Disc Golf championship, and livestock judging championship, the WNIT would rank below the ECO Car championship but a little above the Disc Golf Championship.

curmudgeon
03-25-2014, 02:50 PM
Also, with us hosting it means that we are the higher seed in this..

You are a dumbass. There aren't seeds in the WNIT. Us hosting means that we bid more to host than Auburn did. Auburn probably low bid so they didn't have to host this game. The WNIT is just a money maker for Triple Crown Sports. We offered to pay more to host a game than Auburn did.

Works a lot like baseball regionals used to do. We would host regionals without being in them because we could guarantee a bigger gate. If memory serves me correctly, we hosted one time as a No. 4 seed out of 6.

It was probably cheaper for Auburn to travel to Starkville than to host the game and pay the guarantee. We probably lose money on this. I know that we did when we had that team with Latoya and Tan make the NIT and lose to James Madison. That may have been the worst coaching job in SEC history, any sport. Had a No. 1 and No. 2 overall draft pick in the WNBA and made the NIT.

As far as me being a bad fan - call me what you would like, but I am a grown man and if I wore a WNIT Championship shirt then I deserve the ridicule that will come my way. Will I be happy if they win it, sure, but will I be disappointed if Auburn beats them by 35 points? Not really. I just don't care that much about women's basketball. If they were in the NCAA Sweet 16, I'd care enough to turn the TV on and watch them, but again, if they lost - my soul isn't going to be crushed the way it would be if the men's team lost a NCAA Sweet 16 game.

sleepy dawg
03-25-2014, 02:56 PM
I wouldn't buy a men's NIT championship shirt, much less a women's. Id rather be 1 and done in the tournament, than win the NIT.

RC3
03-25-2014, 03:04 PM
I wouldn't buy a men's NIT championship shirt, much less a women's. Id rather be 1 and done in the tournament, than win the NIT.

danged bandwagon fan***

dawgs
03-25-2014, 03:52 PM
there's a women's NIT? and we're in it?

Percho
03-25-2014, 03:59 PM

Amen brother/sister most fans do not know what a fan is. If I lived within 30 min I would never miss any game in town.

preachermatt83
03-25-2014, 04:01 PM
I happen to fully agree with the weather man here. I am a supporter of THE UNIVERSITY, not just a particular program. I love MSU and if they were playing in a consolation game of co-ed backgammon I'd be supporting it fully pulling for a win and wearing the T shirt when they did win..

LC Dawg
03-25-2014, 04:11 PM
I wish I lived closer so I could go to more men's and women's sporting events and other events on campus. I love my university and everything it accomplishes.

RC3
03-25-2014, 05:36 PM
Wanting us to win in everything we do is one thing. Of course we all want that. Hanging posters and wearing tshirts for a women's nit win is silly IMO. Doesn't make me a bad ms state fan. Quite frankly I just don't give much of a shit about women's basketball and those other sports. Not gonna celebrate when we win nor be that concerned if we lose. We are talking about the women's nit here guys. Give me a break