PDA

View Full Version : For those wanting to scoreboard watch in hopes of a National Seed...

CadaverDawg
05-07-2013, 05:11 PM
You may want to tune in to Georgia Tech and Ohio State on the Big 10 Network tonight. Ohio State has a good record but only a #45 RPI. The reason they are important is because they finish out the year hosting Oregon and Indiana. The first game against Oregon is also on the Big 10 Network Friday.

If we can manage to win both of our next two series, and we can get Ohio State to beat Oregon, we could very well slip up into that last spot as the #8 overall seed. Keep in mind, Oregon also hosts Oregon State in two weeks, so if the Beavers can win that series on the road, it would help us out a lot too.

Indiana shouldn't be too much to worry about since they are a few spots behind us in RPI....but if they win out, they would only have 9 losses on the season and that's damn impressive no matter what conference you play in. So I'd like to see them lose to Ohio State as well.

We also need to keep an eye on Cal State Fullerton when it comes to National Seeds. They finish the year with 2 series against pesky California schools with pretty good records in UC Irvine, and Cal State Northridge. We need Cal State Fullerton and Oregon to lose, and lose as much as possible while we win.

There's still a chance for us to get a National seed.

I know that's a lot of "ifs" but I really get in to baseball this time of year, and I can't help but think of how kick ass it would be to be a National Seed and host a Regional AND Super Regional at Dudy.

Todd4State
05-07-2013, 05:28 PM
Indiana is the no-brainer for the Northern Regional host.

Quaoarsking
05-07-2013, 05:44 PM
Indiana is the no-brainer for the Northern Regional host.

I'm glad there's a Northern team that deserves it. They won't have to take away a host spot from a team that earned it and give it to a Northern team.

Esmerelda Villalobos
05-07-2013, 05:49 PM
if we win 5 of the next 7, we are a national seed.

Drugdog
05-07-2013, 06:00 PM
Cadaver, Excellent info. That is why this is my page of choice. I have printed out your information and will be keeping Up with the teams u mentioned. Thank you.

State82
05-07-2013, 06:08 PM
if we win 5 of the next 7, we are a national seed.

5 out of our next 7 will most likely give us an rpi of 8 or better. Whether or not that translates to a national seed will be up to the committee, and we all know how arbitrary that can sometimes be. But it is a big complement to the team/coaches that we are presently in this position with 7 games left in the regular season. It's also not that big of a stretch to see that we could actually end up in the top 8. Obviously, that opportunity could fly the coop by late Sunday afternoon, but I figure we have an even chance or better to pull it off.

Esmerelda Villalobos
05-07-2013, 06:10 PM
5 out of our next 7 will most likely give us an rpi of 8 or better. Whether or not that translates to a national seed will be up to the committee, and we all know how arbitrary that can sometimes be. But it is a big complement to the team/coaches that we are presently in this position with 7 games left in the regular season. It's also not that big of a stretch to see that we could actually end up in the top 8. Obviously, that opportunity could fly the coop by late Sunday afternoon, but I figure we have an even chance or better to pull it off.

well I guess there is just one thing left to do then......

CadaverDawg
05-07-2013, 06:11 PM
Cadaver, Excellent info. That is why this is my page of choice. I have printed out your information and will be keeping Up with the teams u mentioned. Thank you.

Glad I could help. Sounds like you're as wrapped up with college baseball as I am.

Drugdog
05-08-2013, 07:45 AM
Yes I am. Was there in our glory years , palmero and Clark. My weekends consist of:
A. Listening to the dogs.
B. watching the dogs.
C. Forwarding info to friends on what is happening at the MSU game.

I was at Madison Central vs Desoto Central game last night. We lost 2-1. DC has a kid that has committed to MSU as a Sophmore. Austin ryals(sp). He is a stud.

Political Hack
05-08-2013, 07:56 AM
How many national seeds will they take from the SEC? If is not at least 4, we may be on the outside looking in.

Coach34
05-08-2013, 08:03 AM
well I guess there is just one thing left to do then......

win the whole ****in thing

Coach34
05-08-2013, 08:05 AM
How many national seeds will they take from the SEC? If is not at least 4, we may be on the outside looking in.

SEC could get 3- with us being the 3rd. If we handle business, could easily be us. UPig's RPI gives them no chance, and SC losing the series to us would eliminate them

Spider-Man
05-08-2013, 08:10 AM
win the whole ****in thing

Yes.