PDA

View Full Version : ESPN feeding OM Delusions

BrunswickDawg
03-24-2014, 01:28 PM
It's stuff like this that makes Bears act they way they do....
http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/80908/filling-out-the-sec-football-brackets-2

An ESPN Bracket approach picking OM to win the SEC?? Un-be-lievable!

Covercorner2
03-24-2014, 01:31 PM
Aschoff is a bear homer from Oxford. Let's see what Chris Low's says next. Should be more accurate.

C222
03-24-2014, 01:32 PM
It's stuff like this that makes Bears act they way they do....
http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/80908/filling-out-the-sec-football-brackets-2

An ESPN Bracket approach picking OM to win the SEC?? Un-be-lievable!

That offense I watched in the Egg Bowl definitely has a chance to win the SEC....hahahaha.

Political Hack
03-24-2014, 01:42 PM
pointless.

GreenheadDawg
03-24-2014, 01:46 PM
What you didn't know that they have more talent than any team in the history of college football! Didnt you see that crootin class 2 years ago!! **

ShotgunDawg
03-24-2014, 01:49 PM
I'm surprised Freezus allows this to happen. I mean, he is the first one to sandbag his team. Can't imagine he would actually want his fans thinking they could be good.

Coach34
03-24-2014, 01:59 PM
Ole Miss will be good enough to win the National Championship. Their recruiting rankings say so. A good coach should win 10-11 games with that group. They will be awesome.

DCdawg
03-24-2014, 01:59 PM
Fine by me. They'll chase Freeze away themselves with another underwhelming year.

GreenheadDawg
03-24-2014, 02:07 PM
I hope Boise spanks that ass. But Boise is not what they used to be

dawgindothan
03-24-2014, 02:07 PM
ESPN = bear controlled media

rabbitthedawg
03-24-2014, 02:15 PM
I would like some of that stuff Aschoff is smoking!

starkvegasdawg
03-24-2014, 02:19 PM
I'm nobody on Nafoom can type now for the boners they all have. Can't wait until that first big kick in the nuts takes care of that for them. I had to get my daily dose of delusion and was over on their site earlier today and they were talking about Dak and some were saying he is good but he has no supporting cast and can't win games all by himself. If I had an unblocked account with them I would have pointed out the 4th quarter of last year when he did just that. He picked that whole team up on his back and pointed to the end zone and said, "Victory is that direction and that's where we're going."

FISHDAWG
03-24-2014, 02:53 PM
Aschoff is a bear homer from Oxford. Let's see what Chris Low's says next. Should be more accurate.

maybe he likes fat QB's

TrapGame
03-24-2014, 03:03 PM
I guess Bubble Screen = SEC Championship.

Political Hack
03-24-2014, 03:03 PM
Ole Miss will be good enough to win the National Championship. Their recruiting rankings say so. A good coach should win 10-11 games with that group. They will be awesome.

I agree. anything less than 11 wins is an epic failure with that roster. I mean they've got an under armour all star front four on defense. How can you possibly lose with that and Treadwell, plus the 19 miniature RBs they have.

starkvegasdawg
03-24-2014, 03:47 PM
I agree. anything less than 11 wins is an epic failure with that roster. I mean they've got an under armour all star front four on defense. How can you possibly lose with that and Treadwell, plus the 19 miniature RBs they have.

Somebody on here forecasted it and today I saw it on a TSUN board. They're predicting a backfield of Liggins and baby K in short yardage and goal line situations.

smootness
03-24-2014, 03:57 PM
Somebody on here forecasted it and today I saw it on a TSUN board. They're predicting a backfield of Liggins and baby K in short yardage and goal line situations.

That would be the funniest thing I've ever seen.

smootness
03-24-2014, 04:02 PM
If you do a 'SEC football bracket' post in March, you can't just predict Auburn, Alabama, or LSU to win it or else nobody cares. Pick somebody random like Ole Miss? You'll get some views. That's all it's about.

It's funny to me that they're even 4th in his seeding before the bracket. There's something about Ole Miss that makes people nationally want to jump on the bandwagon every time they get a little hype. I don't know what it is, but it definitely happens.

It's nothing to get worked up over. I keep seeing things like 'so much talent on both sides of the ball,' and there's no question that they do have some really high-end talent...but they don't have it all over the place. They have Tunsil at OT, Treadwell at WR, and not a whole lot of other top talent on offense. They have some talented young OL but those guys didn't show last year that they were ready to break out.

On defense, they have Conner and Nkemdiche, then Prewitt...but I don't see all of the other natural talent out there. They have good players like CJ Johnson, Gross, Bryant...but they're all either undersized for their position or weren't thought to be extremely talented before getting to Oxford. I just don't see all the talent when comparing them to other teams in the SEC like Auburn, LSU, Alabama, Georgia, etc.

We believe we have a lot of talent, but I understand if national media thinks we don't. I don't get why they think Ole Miss is just loaded with talent everywhere.

fishwater99
03-24-2014, 04:06 PM

So Liggins will be at QB... Awesome..

blacklistedbully
03-24-2014, 04:08 PM
Looks to me like Ed went through various scenarios until he could find one that made it possible for OM to be favored in every game. Only way he could do that was by seeding them 4th, obviously too high. In reality, we're far more likely to be a 4-to-6 is seed.. Ole Miss should be just below us.

I don't see OM getting past the second round with a 5-7 seed.

smootness
03-24-2014, 04:18 PM
If I'm a member of the national media, I'm probably seeding teams like this:

1. Auburn (have to be here)
2. Alabama
3. Missouri (don't know if I think they'll end up here but they earned it, and I like Mauk)
4. Georgia
5. LSU (they're LSU)
6. Ole Miss
7. Mississippi State
8. South Carolina
9. Texas A&M
10. Tennessee
11. Florida
12. Kentucky
13. Arkansas
14. Vanderbilt

In reality, I'd probably think 5-9 are pretty interchangeable.

RougeDawg
03-24-2014, 04:39 PM
Aschoff is a clown who speaks out of his ass more times than not. I've called him out numerous times on twitter, to which he crawfishes his way out with the best of them.

If OM really is so talented, why are they having to shuffle around players just to fill up a two deep on both sides of the line? Why do they have to bring in a DE at RB in short yardage situations? Why can't their Heisman candidate QB throw a ball past 15 yards with velocity? Seems like a stacked team to me.**

State82
03-24-2014, 04:47 PM
I can't believe these numbnuts actually get paid a wage to come up with ridiculous, pointless, mindless drivel such as this. Hey ESPN execs, don't you have something constructive for these guys to do? Empty wastebaskets, clean toilets, dust staplers, pick up stray paper clips, etc?

LC Dawg
03-24-2014, 04:49 PM
I hope their delusion is at an all-time high before the season and at an all-time low as we're parading the Egg around their stadium on November 29.

starkvegasdawg
03-24-2014, 04:56 PM
I hope their delusion is at an all-time high before the season and at an all-time low as we're parading the Egg around their stadium on November 29.

Chris Jones needs to lead that parade land sharking the entire time.

blacklistedbully
03-24-2014, 04:58 PM
For the helluvit:

Mizzou over Vandy
UGa over Arky
LSU over UK
OM & UF a toss-up, though let's give 'em the benefit of the doubt and say OM
MSU over Tenn
SCar over TAMU

Round 2
Auburn over SCar
Bama vs MSU. Like to think we can pull off the upset. Bama high as #2 given personnel losses, but they are Bama. But can't deny my heart, the way we played them tough last year, and my belief we are the most under-rated with who we have returning. MSU wins!
UGA over LSU as personnel losses kill LSU, another team perhaps seeded a bit high due to reputation.
Mizzou over OM is a close one. They are better-coached and it shows. Also, off-the-field BS causes discord as inmates take over asylum in Oxford.

Final Four
Auburn vs MSU It's finally our time again. Should have beaten them 3 of the past 4 anyway, and now we're better than we were in any of those games. MSU wins!

Mizzou over UGA

Then...wait for it.....MSU over Mizzou for our first SEC Championship since WW2!!!!!!!

Pollodawg
03-24-2014, 06:39 PM
What more do you expect from Aschoff? This the same guy who said about a month ago that OM was a dark horse NC contender.

Coackjek
03-24-2014, 10:25 PM
So Liggins will be at QB... Awesome..

The annexation of Puerto Rico, FTW!