PDA

View Full Version : How many teams will the SEC get in to post season play?

CadaverDawg
05-07-2013, 02:07 PM
We know for a fact that the following are in....

Vandy
LSU
South Carolina
Mississippi State
Arkansas
Ole Miss
Kentucky

What about Florida and Alabama?

Florida's overall record is only slightly above .500, but I'm sure due to a great SOS and good RPI , and the fact they are Florida...will get them in. As for Bama, are they going to miss postseason?

And I put Kentucky, but what if Kentucky keeps losing? Are they already safely in?

Just curious as to where things stand, because it seems like Ole Miss is the only sure fire Regional team that is currently not a front runner to host also. Do we ever have this few SEC regional teams?

The Croom Diaries
05-07-2013, 03:10 PM
Florida will get in for the reasons you said - they are 19th in RPI. I saw them picked by SE Baseball to host as recently as two weeks ago.

Alabama is definitely a fraud, they have been all year....4-15 vs. top 50 teams. But their RPI is 31, right behind Kentucky so I'm sure they're in unless they absolutely tank. I see them as a 3 seed somewhere.

No to Auburn, A&M, UT, Mizzou, and Georgia.

Edit to add: Auburn is 50th in the RPI. They have a very similar resume to Alabama - they are 2 1/2 games behind them in the West and 2 games in overall record. If they were to do well against Florida and Arkansas and Bama do poorly vs. Mizzou and Vandy, maybe they sneak in there.

M.Fillmore
05-07-2013, 03:21 PM
If MSU takes 2 of 3, USM wins the mid-week game next week and LSU sweeps in Baton Rogue the week following, will Bianco and Company sit at home?

I know they are currently a lock at RPI of 20, and I know that they would have lost to high RPI teams, but that would be a big meltdown to end the season to lose 8 of 9 (counting the Auburn losses).

Spider-Man
05-07-2013, 03:26 PM
Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, South Carolina, and Vanderbilt will make it. Texas A&M and Auburn are on the outside looking in. A&M has the chance to get into the conversation with a home series vs LSU this weekend. Auburn has a good chance to sneak in if they can somehow win their remaining series with UF and Arky. Then win at least 1 in the SEC Tournament.

Quaoarsking
05-07-2013, 04:24 PM
If MSU takes 2 of 3, USM wins the mid-week game next week and LSU sweeps in Baton Rogue the week following, will Bianco and Company sit at home?

I know they are currently a lock at RPI of 20, and I know that they would have lost to high RPI teams, but that would be a big meltdown to end the season to lose 8 of 9 (counting the Auburn losses).

That would put Ole Miss at 13-17, and their RPI would probably still be in the top 30. I imagine they would still make it.

Todd4State
05-07-2013, 04:37 PM
In my opinion MSU, Ole Miss, Alabama, Auburn, Vanderbilt, Florida, LSU, Kentucky, Arkansas and South Carolina should make it from the SEC. Texas A&M would be on the bubble.

As of the moment:

Vanderbilt- Host/National Seed
LSU- Host/National Seed
MSU- Host/National Seed
South Carolina- Host
Arkansas- Host
Florida- 2 seed
Ole Miss- 2 seed
Kentucky- 2/3 seed
Alabama- 2/3 seed
Auburn- 3 seed

Todd4State
05-07-2013, 04:38 PM

I think Ole Miss is a lock to get in, but it would knock them down from a solid 2 seed to a 3 seed.

CadaverDawg
05-07-2013, 04:47 PM
I was just looking at Kentucky's record and schedule.....and they may be in trouble.

They are currently 27-19 (10-14), with a RPI of 30. BUT, they finish with Vandy in Lexington and then on the road at Mizzou. If they get swept by Vandy and somehow lose that series on the road to Missouri....they will finish 28-24 (11-19)! That would likely put them out of the tournament I would think, because a series loss to Missouri (RPI #152) would be a nail in their coffin.

ETA: And just think, we had moron fans last year debating if Kentucky lucked out by having Cohen leave and them getting Henderson as Head Coach. Amazing.