PDA

View Full Version : C34 before you delete or move this thread, hear me out ...

dawgclub99
03-23-2014, 04:15 PM
I personally think that the MS state flag hurts our recruiting more than it does OM. They are the ones that worship the Confederate Battle Flag but we do worse in out of state recruiting. If it was changed I feel we would do better. What say you?

Gordon Gekko
03-23-2014, 04:19 PM
I think the flag should be changed to the one that was posted a month or so back. It looked really good. However, the current flag has nothin to do with why the bears outrecruit us out of State. Money, hoes and blow.

smootness
03-23-2014, 04:25 PM
The MS flag has nothing to do with either school's recruiting. They recruit better out of state because they have a bigger national brand. It just is what it is for now. More people in random places know 'Ole Miss'.

Five-tool Poster
03-23-2014, 04:38 PM
I personally think that the MS state flag hurts our recruiting more than it does OM. They are the ones that worship the Confederate Battle Flag but we do worse in out of state recruiting. If it was changed I feel we would do better. What say you?

If you want to change the state flag please have a better reason than football recruiting.

bully99
03-23-2014, 04:43 PM
Having a qb who's won two super bowl and other players in the nfl. Dan Mullen has to dominate in state because we aren't getting a lot of out of state top recruits.

Schultzy
03-23-2014, 08:14 PM
If not for Tunsil and Treadwell are they really doing better? We're talkin bout two players here.

And we're certainly winning the qb battle.

Schultzy
03-23-2014, 08:24 PM
Now that I think about it. I wouldn't trade Dak Prescott or Josh Robinson for anyone on their roster. So we are winning the out of state recruiting as well.

Our defense is so ridiculously good that there's no real reason to even discuss players/recruits on that side of the ball.

I wouldn't trade Bear for Treadwell. Bear has shown he can beat elite defenses deep.

Sorry to do this to you again but another reminder that Schultzy has MSU winning the West and returning to Atlanta.

Coach34
03-23-2014, 08:49 PM
The flag doesn't hurt our recruiting at all

and when I look at Prescott, JRob, Willson, Bennie Brown, and others- I don't really see where Ole Miss is beating us in recruiting out of state or in state

curmudgeon
03-23-2014, 08:53 PM
The flag doesn't hurt our recruiting at all

And this is the right answer. If someone doesn't choose a particular school because of a piece of cloth that that school has nothing to do with, then they are actually too stupid to be in college.

Yossarian
03-24-2014, 06:18 AM
If you want to change the state flag please have a better reason than football recruiting.

What is the purpose of the state flag? If there is any purpose, it should be to give a positive image of the state. What is the positive image demonstrated by the present one?

RState
03-24-2014, 02:16 PM
Now that I think about it. I wouldn't trade Dak Prescott or Josh Robinson for anyone on their roster. So we are winning the out of state recruiting as well.

Our defense is so ridiculously good that there's no real reason to even discuss players/recruits on that side of the ball.

I wouldn't trade Bear for Treadwell. Bear has shown he can beat elite defenses deep.

Sorry to do this to you again but another reminder that Schultzy has MSU winning the West and returning to Atlanta.

Gotta agree with Schultzy here. Treadwell is a pre-madonna and we have all seen Vegas's odds for Dak in the Heisman race.

War Machine Dawg
03-24-2014, 02:25 PM
I think the flag should be changed to the one that was posted a month or so back. It looked really good. However, the current flag has nothin to do with why the bears outrecruit us out of State. Money, hoes and blow.

Bingo.

And so long as we keep winning the on-the-field matchup, they can keep the Crootin Championship. And as C34 pointed out, other than maybe 1-2 players, they really aren't out recruiting us out-of-state anyway. Dak, J-Rob, Redmond, and Bear Wilson are all players I wouldn't trade for pretty much anyone their roster. The flag has literally nothing to do with recruiting.

Political Hack
03-24-2014, 02:53 PM
Only one Mississippi school has an out of state Heisman dark horse.