PDA

View Full Version : Cord

archdog
03-23-2014, 02:00 PM
So interesting OT post. When would Cord Sandburg return to play qb for MSU. What is the shelf life for a guy in aa ball.

bully99
03-23-2014, 02:38 PM
Josh Booty played five years of baseball before playing qb at LSU. I think that ship has sailed on cord

PassInterference
03-23-2014, 03:27 PM
It hasn't sailed. Cord signed with us, didn't he? Doesn't that obligate him to come here if he plays college football?

dawgs
03-23-2014, 03:41 PM
i'd imagine he'll give baseball a good 5-6 years to find out if he has a legit shot at the bigs. by the time he's 23-24 after 5+ seasons of MiLB, if he's not projected to make a MLB roster anytime soon, he might start thinking about returning to school.

hells bells
03-23-2014, 08:53 PM
It hasn't sailed. Cord signed with us, didn't he? Doesn't that obligate him to come here if he plays college football?

My understanding is cord is obligated to State first.

MabenMaroon
03-24-2014, 07:37 AM
Fairly sure that the LOI in this situation is only binding for one year. If Cord ever did decide to return to college and play football, he has a free ride to which ever school he should choose. I am pretty sure that I read somewhere that his pro baseball contract guaranteed him tuition money for going to school if he were to walk away from baseball. All of this being said, I have not seen his contract and am only going on what has been written or said.
He supposedly did establish a good relationship with Coach Mullen, supposedly considers Tim Tebow as a role model, is very intelligent and his school exploits match up very well with a Coach Mullen offensive scheme. It would be a very interesting and a good conundrum to have if he were to come to MSU to play football. With that being said, I like what Coach Mullen has lined up for the QB situation for next few years and am very excited and anxious to see it all unfold with or without Cord Sandberg.

MarketingBully01
03-24-2014, 07:43 AM
Fairly sure that the LOI in this situation is only binding for one year. If Cord ever did decide to return to college and play football, he has a free ride to which ever school he should choose. I am pretty sure that I read somewhere that his pro baseball contract guaranteed him tuition money for going to school if he were to walk away from baseball. All of this being said, I have not seen his contract and am only going on what has been written or said.
He supposedly did establish a good relationship with Coach Mullen, supposedly considers Tim Tebow as a role model, is very intelligent and his school exploits match up very well with a Coach Mullen offensive scheme. It would be a very interesting and a good conundrum to have if he were to come to MSU to play football. With that being said, I like what Coach Mullen has lined up for the QB situation for next few years and am very excited and anxious to see it all unfold with or without Cord Sandberg.

He had the language written in to pay for school here. If he plays college football, it will be for us.

MarketingBully01
03-24-2014, 07:43 AM
My understanding is cord is obligated to State first.

This is correct.

maroonmania
03-24-2014, 08:56 AM
What level ball is he playing now?

SouthMsDawg
03-24-2014, 02:43 PM
Rookie ball

Martianlander
03-24-2014, 03:24 PM
Batted .207 last year. Don't know much past that.

Real Deal
03-24-2014, 03:42 PM
I would love to have him back, I don't care how long he's been gone. This formula has proven to work time and time again, in various places all around the country. Drew Henson, Chris Weinke, Brandon Weeden. He's already mature for his age, then add in some more years, and you've got a pretty good leader. Not to mention he is a super-athlete that is theoretically tailor-made for Mullen's offense.