PDA

View Full Version : Haven't seen this mentioned regarding baseball...

CadaverDawg
03-23-2014, 01:22 PM
Is it that damn turf that is causing all these high choppers at the Dude this year? I can't stand when a player can damn near miss a ball he gets on top of it so bad, yet it goes over the first baseman's head off the bounce bc the ground in front of the plate is so hard. What's the deal? Is it turf, or does that dirt just need some water?

Or am I the only one noticing these unnatural high choppers?

smootness
03-23-2014, 01:27 PM
I'm pretty sure everything around home plate is turf, and I hate it. I don't even care if it gives us an advantage - it isn't baseball.

CadaverDawg
03-23-2014, 01:28 PM
I'm pretty sure everything around home plate is turf, and I hate it. I don't even care if it gives us an advantage - it isn't baseball.

Couldn't agree more

shoeless joe
03-23-2014, 01:51 PM
I don't like the turf.

It definitely has an effect on choppers and balls in the dirt.

state66
03-23-2014, 04:45 PM
only the dirt home plate circle is turf, besides the baselines. I only saw one chopper today that might of been attributed to the turf dirt circle. The other high choppers I saw bounced off the grass in front of the turf dirt circle so I do not believe this is an issue with the turf.

bully99
03-23-2014, 04:51 PM
The fake turf, the farm bureau sign behind home plate and our broadcasting team all need go. And yes I'll keep Cohen for now.

Update...The official scorer needs to go too.

Homedawg
03-23-2014, 04:51 PM
When Polk was here the dirt there was hard as a rock. Awful field condition and was tough to pitch behind