PDA

View Full Version : Sooner or later God'll cut you down....

Coach34
03-23-2014, 11:35 AM
That Uncle Charlie Holder struck out that first Vandy hitter with was beautiful. You could see spine tighten up from the outfield. Vandy has no marbles

RossDawg82
03-23-2014, 12:05 PM
That was one of his most impressive outings I have seen in a while. He was dominate

Esmerelda Villalobos
03-23-2014, 12:16 PM
That was one of his most impressive outings I have seen in a while. He was dominate

???

Bubb Rubb
03-23-2014, 12:17 PM

In the 8th, sure. The ninth, not so much. But he got through it. I think he throws his curve too much. He was "dominate" with his fastball.

By the way, the word you're looking for is "dominant".

messageboardsuperhero
03-23-2014, 12:18 PM
That Uncle Charlie Holder struck out that first Vandy hitter with was beautiful. You could see spine tighten up from the outfield. Vandy has no marbles

http://weknowmemes.com/generator/uploads/generated/g136494697540994043.jpg

Our crowd has really gotten to them all weekend. When it's rocking, DNF is a tough place for a young team to play.

messageboardsuperhero
03-23-2014, 12:23 PM
Holder was great in the 8th.

He did get into a little bit of trouble in the 9th, but it was all weak contact that found holes- which is definitely a great sign for him. I wouldn't call his outing dominant, but it was still very good.

PassInterference
03-23-2014, 12:26 PM
That pitch that starts high and sinks like a ball rolling off a table is just sick.

Esmerelda Villalobos
03-23-2014, 12:26 PM
Holder is figured out. His numbers will continue to regress until he gets a 3rd pitch.

His fastball is 91 and flat. He has a good breaking ball but if he isnt getting the call, he will get shelled. Batters simply fight off fast balls and sit on hook or vice verSa if it isnt working.

He terrifies me when he comes in. Each game more than the last, as teams now have 2 years of film

Todd4State
03-23-2014, 12:30 PM
His ninth wasn't that bad. He gave up a bloop single when we were in no doubles defense and then a hard chopper that went over Rea's head.

That said, I think he is most dominant when used for one inning rather than for an inning and a half.

AlSwearengen
03-23-2014, 12:58 PM
Holder is figured out. His numbers will continue to regress until he gets a 3rd pitch.

His fastball is 91 and flat. He has a good breaking ball but if he isnt getting the call, he will get shelled. Batters simply fight off fast balls and sit on hook or vice verSa if it isnt working.

He terrifies me when he comes in. Each game more than the last, as teams now have 2 years of film

The key for Holder is whether or not he is throwing his good curve for a strike. If he has his normal curve and has command of it, they can know it is coming and he can still get people out with it. If he doesn't have command of it and has to go to the fastball, then he has lost his invincibility.

Coach34
03-23-2014, 01:09 PM
That pitch that starts high and sinks like a ball rolling off a table is just sick.

Uncle Charlie

whosyourdawgy
03-23-2014, 01:10 PM

I don't see sarcastericks in this comment. Surely you aren't being serious are you?

Esmerelda Villalobos
03-23-2014, 01:14 PM
I don't see sarcastericks in this comment. Surely you aren't being serious are you?

Yes. Nobody was on board when I said renfroe wasnt clutch last year until folks started actually paying attention. By the end of the year, people would pinch hit frost for renfroe if the game was on the line.

I said ross should be moved to starter weeks ago and got shelled for it.

Dating back until about a month left in last season, holder has been hit HARD. He is a 2 pitch thrower. If he had a change up, he would be unhittable.

At this point, while i dont trust him fully, if it is a 2 run game, i bring in lindgren. I didnt mind holder coming in last night bc of a 4 run league. Holder shouldnt come in with a 1 run lead imo

whosyourdawgy
03-23-2014, 01:27 PM
Then I'm glad you aren't our coach. That's just stupid. He came in and struck out 2 to leave a man on second. He pitched well in the 9th. Didn't give up a solid hit, had a bloop single and a chopper. His finger is supposedly healed now I will be pissed if Cohen doesn't bring him in in 1 run situations.

bgdog
03-23-2014, 01:27 PM

I agree

Esmerelda Villalobos
03-23-2014, 01:30 PM
Then I'm glad you aren't our coach. That's just stupid. He came in and struck out 2 to leave a man on second. He pitched well in the 9th. Didn't give up a solid hit, had a bloop single and a chopper. His finger is supposedly healed now I will be pissed if Cohen doesn't bring him in in 1 run situations.

Do you watch us play? Do you pay attention or just read stats? He had a nice 8th. His numbers have gone up since his freshman yr. he isnt dominant. His last month of last year has carried to this year. I like holder. I like him to get an out or 2 but that is about it. At least until he develops a 3rd pitch.

whosyourdawgy
03-23-2014, 01:38 PM
I watched the whole freaking game dude. Holder hasn't been as dominant this season but some f that has to be attributed to his finger issue. You say he is being hit hard. Did u watch the game last night? What ball was hit hard against him. A chopper or a bloop fly ball is hitting him hard? He about made the first strike out dude sit down at the plate his knees were so bad. Until he starts to blow games for us you ride what brought you and HE has brought us a lot of W's.

Esmerelda Villalobos
03-23-2014, 01:40 PM
Didnt say he was hit hard last night. Said dating back until about a month left in last season, he has been hit hard. Opponent batting avg and his era have skyrocketed from his first 1.5 yrs

Coach34
03-23-2014, 02:18 PM
Holder has a major league curveball. But he absolutely has to find a 3rd pitch if he wants to make it to AA ball or higher

War Machine Dawg
03-23-2014, 03:34 PM

Completely agree. Told some of my buddies this weeks ago.