PDA

View Full Version : Renfroe vs Rea: RISP. This will blow you away.

Will James
05-07-2013, 09:11 AM
"But what about RISP But what about RISP" the doubters did say
Well Will James is here to show you the way.

HITTING WITH RUNNERS IN SCORING POSITION

Renfroe.... 6/12 for a batting average of .500... 17/23 for an on base percentage of .739

Rea.... 12/30 for a batting average of .400.... 17/35 for an on base percentage of .486

Renfroe has the same number of RBI's in OVER HALF AS MANY AT BATS WITH RISP
Renfroe is getting on base over 7 out of 10 times with runners in scoring position.

Can this nonsense please stop, get off of Renfore's nuts.

Will James
05-07-2013, 09:19 AM
Renfroe is averaging 1.7 RBI's per at bat with RISP

1.7 RBI's per ATTTTTT BATTTTTTT

Will James
05-07-2013, 10:26 AM
You could add Rea's SEC BA and OBP together and it wouldn't be close to Renfroe's OBP with RISP.

CadaverDawg
05-07-2013, 10:30 AM
Good stuff.

I hope he's doing this on purpose...if not, I would lie and say I was kidding. You do not bat Renfroe leadoff. Ever.

Homedawg
05-07-2013, 10:32 AM
Good stuff.

I hope he's doing this on purpose...if not, I would lie and say I was kidding. You do not bat Renfroe leadoff. Ever.

I would in one case. If I had 9 of him. Otherwise is not even a thought. None.

Bo Darville
05-07-2013, 12:54 PM
"But what about RISP But what about RISP" the doubters did say
Well Will James is here to show you the way.

HITTING WITH RUNNERS IN SCORING POSITION

Renfroe.... 6/12 for a batting average of .500... 17/23 for an on base percentage of .739

Rea.... 12/30 for a batting average of .400.... 17/35 for an on base percentage of .486

Renfroe has the same number of RBI's in OVER HALF AS MANY AT BATS WITH RISP
Renfroe is getting on base over 7 out of 10 times with runners in scoring position.

Can this nonsense please stop, get off of Renfore's nuts.

I think your numbers back up why people are on Renfroe's nuts. Renfroe never seems to get the huge homer, like the 3-run shot that Bama hit when the score was 2-2. The reason though is that Renfroe is such a badass, and we have weak hitters behind him, so no team in their right mind will pitch to Renfroe with runners on base and the game on the line. Your stats show he is 6 for 12 hitting but 17 for 23 on base. Basically that means about half of his plate appearances are walks. Teams are scared to death of Renfroe when the game is close and there is somebody on base. It takes away his opportunity for the big 3-run bomb that us posters remember for several months. Would you give Renfroe anything decent to hit with runners on 2nd and 3rd and 1st base open? I wouldn't.

Homedawg
05-07-2013, 01:00 PM
I think your numbers back up why people are on Renfroe's nuts. Renfroe never seems to get the huge homer, like the 3-run shot that Bama hit when the score was 2-2. The reason though is that Renfroe is such a badass, and we have weak hitters behind him, so no team in their right mind will pitch to Renfroe with runners on base and the game on the line. Your stats show he is 6 for 12 hitting but 17 for 23 on base. Basically that means about half of his plate appearances are walks. Teams are scared to death of Renfroe when the game is close and there is somebody on base. It takes away his opportunity for the big 3-run bomb that us posters remember for several months. Would you give Renfroe anything decent to hit with runners on 2nd and 3rd and 1st base open? I wouldn't.

Of course if we move him to leadoff.......then he will see many more pitches.! Please have sarcasm meter on!