PDA

View Full Version : Seth Heck

MsStateBaseball
03-23-2014, 08:08 AM
I don't see why he won't be a major leaguer one day. Doesn't miss at short, throws it accurately and hard, hustles, quality at bats every time. Could very well be drafted this year. I would draft him. Great job of finding him.

maroonmania
03-23-2014, 08:49 AM
Heck at SS is the biggest reason we broke out of our early season funk. So glad we signed him. Now with Britton playing well at 3rd, I would say our infield with Rea, Pirtle, Heck and Britton is as good a defensive infield as I can ever remember us having.

msstate7
03-23-2014, 09:04 AM
Heck at SS is the biggest reason we broke out of our early season funk. So glad we signed him. Now with Britton playing well at 3rd, I would say our infield with Rea, Pirtle, Heck and Britton is as good a defensive infield as I can ever remember us having.
My only concern about defense is behind the plate

KB21
03-23-2014, 09:07 AM
My only concern about defense is behind the plate

I thought Randolph did a great job of blocking the plate, calling the game, and framing pitches last night. My concern with him is his throwing arm. I think Gavin Collins is probably our most talented guy, but he needs to get better at calling the game and framing pitches.

maroonmania
03-23-2014, 05:04 PM

Boy I wish I had never made this post. Apparently put the hex on us today. Our infield made enough errors and miscues in the last 3 innings of today's game to last for a month.

Saltydog
03-23-2014, 07:13 PM
nt

Homedawg
03-23-2014, 08:11 PM
I thought Randolph did a great job of blocking the plate, calling the game, and framing pitches last night. My concern with him is his throwing arm. I think Gavin Collins is probably our most talented guy, but he needs to get better at calling the game and framing pitches.

Good post. No question Collins has a higher ceiling and is the better hitter. But Collins also leads us in pb and wp. Which I wp aren't officially on him but lots of times the official scorer errors on the side of the wp instead of pb. His blocking is very suspect but he's still a fr. I like him but he can't catch every game for a pitching- defense team.