PDA

View Full Version : Dak sighting in the baseball crowd.

Lloyd Christmas
03-22-2014, 09:18 PM
right after the 4th run scored.

msstate7
03-22-2014, 09:19 PM
Face of our athletic program. Before he leaves, he'll be the most popular player ever at state

War Machine Dawg
03-22-2014, 09:29 PM
Face of our athletic program. Before he leaves, he'll be the most popular player ever at state

That's a BOLD statement, considering some of our baseball faves. Gonna be hard as hell to be more popular than Will Clark, Jeff Brantley, and Buck Showalter. But he certainly could be the most popular football player ever.

msstate7
03-22-2014, 09:32 PM
That's a BOLD statement, considering some of our baseball faves. Gonna be hard as hell to be more popular than Will Clark, Jeff Brantley, and Buck Showalter. But he certainly could be the most popular football player ever.

Football puts 60k in the stands and millions watch on tv. College baseball players just aren't getting exposure like that. Will, Jeff, buck, and palmeiro got their notoriety more after they left school.

PassInterference
03-22-2014, 10:01 PM
Football puts 60k in the stands and millions watch on tv. College baseball players just aren't getting exposure like that. Will, Jeff, buck, and palmeiro got their notoriety more after they left school.

Negative. Thunder and lightening were a big dam deal when we were putting up 20+ points on teams and batting through the lineup multiple times.

msstate7
03-22-2014, 10:04 PM
Negative. Thunder and lightening were a big dam deal when we were putting up 20+ points on teams and batting through the lineup multiple times.

We'll just have to disagree. Football >>> baseball. After dak leads us to 10 wins this year, he'll be the most popular athlete at state ever

PassInterference
03-22-2014, 10:10 PM
We'll just have to disagree. Football >>> baseball. After dak leads us to 10 wins this year, he'll be the most popular athlete at state ever

Ralph did that and he is not a most popular guy ever.

msstate7
03-22-2014, 10:10 PM

No he didnt.

PassInterference
03-22-2014, 10:50 PM
No he didnt.

You are right. He won 9. That must be the line between average and hero for the ages.

msstate7
03-22-2014, 11:01 PM
You are right. He won 9. That must be the line between average and hero for the ages.

That's the line.

Dak is being hyped by people all over the country. Sec fans that are just average fans can tell you who dak is. How many can tell you who vandys 1-2 punch of pitchers are even though they're super talented and gonna be household names in a few years. College baseball players (even great ones) aren't on the same level of celebrity as football players.

Will James
03-22-2014, 11:26 PM
I'm as baseball as they come and football is king on campus and Dak is about to wear the crown

Dawg61
03-22-2014, 11:29 PM
Wow this thread is wooly. Most popular player ever? What. Bailey Howell, Will Clark, Palmeiro, Fred Smoot, Jerious Norwood, Timmy Bowers, Eric Moulds, Anthony Dixon, Jarvis Varnado, Ross Mitchell, Dampier are all pretty popular. Let's revisit this after two years. Hope you're right though.

msstate7
03-22-2014, 11:33 PM
Just that there was a thread started saying dak was at the game speaks of dak's popularity. We've got a top 5 team at home and dak being at the game is news.

missouridawg
03-22-2014, 11:40 PM

Here is why you are wrong. Part of the popularity of Will Clark and Rafael Palmerio is that they had very long and successful pro careers.

For Dak to become the most popular ever, he will need to get invited to the New York Athletic Club and/or get us to the SECCG game. I don't see either of those happening, but I hope like hell I'm wrong.

Dawg61
03-22-2014, 11:43 PM
Just that there was a thread started saying dak was at the game speaks of dak's popularity. We've got a top 5 team at home and dak being at the game is news.

Sorry I love Dak but he's gotta beat several top 20 teams and take MSU to sights unseen before or be in serious contention for the Heisman to warrant the title "Most Popular Ever". Again I hope he earns that but giving it to him right now is very premature and only adds pressure. Let's revisit this 3 years from now.

msstate7
03-22-2014, 11:50 PM
Sorry I love Dak but he's gotta beat several top 20 teams and take MSU to sights unseen before or be in serious contention for the Heisman to warrant the title "Most Popular Ever". Again I hope he earns that but giving it to him right now is very premature and only adds pressure. Let's revisit this 3 years from now.

I can go along with that. Part of my basis is that football support and popularity is at an all time high here and we're poised to have a special season. If we get that special season, dak will be a legend. The glimpses of dak's greatness last year, saving us in the egg, blowing up in the liberty, and preseason hype has dak set up to be what I'm projecting

esplanade91
03-22-2014, 11:55 PM
Shut your damn mouth. Superman Ralph is one of my favorites.

bully99
03-23-2014, 12:04 AM
Win two more eggs, beat Alabama and lsu, and then we'll talk.

preachermatt83
03-23-2014, 12:30 AM

points you say?

smootness
03-23-2014, 12:31 AM
Wow this thread is wooly. Most popular player ever? What. Bailey Howell, Will Clark, Palmeiro, Fred Smoot, Jerious Norwood, Timmy Bowers, Eric Moulds, Anthony Dixon, Jarvis Varnado, Ross Mitchell, Dampier are all pretty popular. Let's revisit this after two years. Hope you're right though.

None of those guys was a QB, and that is the difference. We have never had a 'face of the program' in football in a national sense, except possibly Smoot. And we've never had a big-time QB. If we finally get someone who is legitimately one of the top QBs in the SEC, or country, and he leads us to national prominence (I don't mean competing for the national title, just mean that he gets us some exposure) then it's not a stretch at all to say he will vault into the 'most popular' category.

He is already unbelievably popular at State and he has yet to enter a season as the starting QB. Think about that. If he fulfills the promise and hype, it will be unlike anything we at State have seen.

bully99
03-23-2014, 12:45 AM
But will he be as big as Eli and Archie and will the speed limit on campus be his jersey number.