PDA

View Full Version : Expansion question...

CadaverDawg
03-22-2014, 12:21 PM
I know this has been asked, but I'm not sure an answer has ever been given...

Are they going to be able to clean the older concrete in the old part of DWS, or is the new bleach white concrete going to continue to look so different? I know it won't matter when the stadium is full of people, but for the flyover view of the stadium, it's really easy to tell new vs old, plus I think it would look bad ass if we could find a way to bleach that older concrete bc it would make the entire stadium seem like it has a fresh coat of paint.

Anybody know if anything can be done, or is planning to be?

esplanade91
03-22-2014, 12:34 PM
That's what makes Ole Miss's stadium look like a turd, in my opinion. Hopefully they address it.

preachermatt83
03-22-2014, 01:46 PM
it want look nearly as noticeable once the seats are in place... Serious question, what would be the estimated cost to have the entire stadium chairbacked?

DawgHouseUnited
03-22-2014, 01:48 PM
From what I recall of the conversation here earlier, the general idea was to just let the new part age to match everything else. However, my memory could be faulty. I don't know if the idea of painting/bleaching the old concrete was brought up or not. That would be a pretty big undertaking, wouldn't it? Would you have to remove the risers in order to do it?

DawgHouseUnited
03-22-2014, 02:07 PM
Serious question, what would be the estimated cost to have the entire stadium chairbacked?

No idea, but I googled it and found THIS (http://stadiumseating.net/refurbished/fundraising/) company that actually had a blurb for refurbished chairbacks. Their example had 600 used chairbacks at an "initial investment" of 21k to some FL high school. That works out to $35/seat for used chairbacks.