PDA

View Full Version : Three No. 1 seeds beat 16 seeds by less than 12 points

curmudgeon
03-22-2014, 10:33 AM
All three No. 16 seeds were within one possession or led in the second half.

Its going to happen one day soon.

HailState39110
03-22-2014, 10:56 AM
With the 2 16 seed play in games now,this makes the 16 seeds more competitive when they face off vs a 1. I think we will see a 16 seed knock off a 1 in the next 5 years

dawgs
03-22-2014, 11:15 AM
It cracks me up that Wichita was the only one to dominate

TheRef
03-22-2014, 11:17 AM
It cracks me up that Wichita was the only one to dominate

Because Wichita knows that if they lose early, all of the pundits will say, "See...they didn't deserve that 1-seed!"

smootness
03-22-2014, 11:26 AM
Because Wichita knows that if they lose early, all of the pundits will say, "See...they didn't deserve that 1-seed!"

It's because Wichita State is a great college basketball team. I don't get why people are down on them. I get they play in the MVC and the MVC was down this year, but that is a legitimately great team.

They were a Final Four team last year and are better this year; they haven't lost since then. They definitely have a real shot to win it all.

TheRef
03-22-2014, 11:30 AM
It's because Wichita State is a great college basketball team. I don't get why people are down on them. I get they play in the MVC and the MVC was down this year, but that is a legitimately great team.

They were a Final Four team last year and are better this year; they haven't lost since then. They definitely have a real shot to win it all.

I believe that completely. I'm just saying that most of the media still isn't sold on them and all they have heard since the selection show is that they aren't worthy of the #1 seed even though they are undefeated. They are playing with a chip on their shoulder since they didn't get overall #1.