PDA

View Full Version : New Football Commitment

DCdawg
05-07-2013, 08:11 AM
4-Star Jamoral Graham has committed according to Steve R. That's not a huge surprise after his tweets yesterday.

FISHDAWG
05-07-2013, 08:19 AM
is this the "secret" commit or is that someone else ?

Coach34
05-07-2013, 08:21 AM
is this the "secret" commit or is that someone else ?

There's about 5 secret commits out there- this is just the first one

Todd4State
05-07-2013, 08:34 AM
I hope he got it right this time. Unlike the last time Graham "committed" and Rosebowl jumped the gun.

mic
05-07-2013, 08:37 AM
And this is why I have been saying we have some of the worse fans.. He is prob one of the many that have been bitching and moaning that we only have 1 player committed. So He posts this on 24/7 minutes after JG commits.... amazing

Nice pick up now we have to just hold on until signing day.
panoladog

CadaverDawg
05-07-2013, 08:41 AM
Great Pick Up!

SignalToNoise
05-07-2013, 08:47 AM
Someone give us some info on the young man.

What position are we recruiting him at?
What about measurables?
Other offers?

FlabLoser
05-07-2013, 08:49 AM
5-11 190 4.5

Offers from LSU and Ole Miss.

EDIT: 247 now showing offers from us, Ole Miss, USM. I could swear is said LSU earlier.

tenureplan
05-07-2013, 08:50 AM
5-11 190 4.5

Can't get enough guys that are 5-11 190 imo

Bo Darville
05-07-2013, 09:11 AM
There's about 5 secret commits out there- this is just the first one

Agreed. Mullen likes for them to hold off, and then announce one at a time so they get their day in the press. Business always picks up for us May-August. Look at last year. This is a nice addition and I'm excited about it.

AlSwearengen
05-07-2013, 09:31 AM
Can't get enough guys that are 5-11 190 imo

Go watch this kids tape. He is good and looks quicker than 4.5. Or at least quicker than 4.5 by today's standard.

engie
05-07-2013, 10:18 AM
I believe his 4.5 is a laser time from one of the combines...

An elite MS athlete IMO. No idea what position he projects to at the next level...

FlabLoser
05-07-2013, 10:34 AM
Is it unusual for a guy to be a 4* with offers from just MS schools? Without a * bump from big schools, maybe the 4* is legit.

Will James
05-07-2013, 10:38 AM
5-11 190 4.5

EDIT: 247 now showing offers from us, Ole Miss, USM. I could swear is said LSU earlier.

Scout says LSU us and USM

msstate7
05-07-2013, 10:41 AM
Scout says LSU us and USM

Kiffin probably pulled the offer and quit following the kid after his tweets about state.

Rick Danko
05-07-2013, 10:49 AM
Is it unusual for a guy to be a 4* with offers from just MS schools? Without a * bump from big schools, maybe the 4* is legit.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Michael Carr was the same way... Everyone pretty much knew he was going to State so even though the talent was there the offers were not.

col. forbin
05-07-2013, 11:17 AM
I believe his 4.5 is a laser time from one of the combines...

An elite MS athlete IMO. No idea what position he projects to at the next level...

I believe he projects as a DB. Plays S right now, but i believe he could play either cb or s.

Raytoraid83
05-07-2013, 11:27 AM
Agreed. Mullen likes for them to hold off, and then announce one at a time so they get their day in the press. Business always picks up for us May-August. Look at last year. This is a nice addition and I'm excited about it.

Good example of Mullen liking to hold kids off to announce they've committed, is Justin Cox committing the day after we get blown out by Texas A&M. I doubt that was just a coincidence.

woozman
05-07-2013, 07:21 PM
And like clockwork...

Yancy Porter: "OM has not been pursuing him hard because of some off the field issues."

That guy needs an ass whipping - any of our wives should be able to handle that...

ETA: just saw a similar post elsewhere, sorry.

Esmerelda Villalobos
05-07-2013, 07:58 PM
And like clockwork...

Yancy Porter: "OM has not been pursuing him hard because of some off the field issues."

That guy needs an ass whipping - any of our wives should be able to handle that...

ETA: just saw a similar post elsewhere, sorry.

I swear these recruiting gurus are 16 year old girls. These are 40 year old grow men. Why would you even write that? Even if it is true? Kill people with kindness. If it was my business I would just say we got out recruited by MSU. Kudos. That isnt a slight at their staff and is taking the high road.

Coach34
05-07-2013, 08:01 PM
Because Ennis- in their mind- they will never lose a recruit to State that they really want. If we get someone- it just means they were halfass recruiting them

Vandownbytheriver
05-07-2013, 08:05 PM
Coach, in all fairness, we have people who Scout out recruits 24/7 and say the same kind of things. It's more about them having to be the guy who breaks stuff. These assholes all need to realize that it's about these kids achieving their dreams and not about the hero worship they want from others.

Coach34
05-07-2013, 08:30 PM
Hahaha...I see what you did there. And I agree with your point on the kids

Homedawg
05-07-2013, 08:47 PM
I swear these recruiting gurus are 16 year old girls. These are 40 year old grow men. Why would you even write that? Even if it is true? Kill people with kindness. If it was my business I would just say we got out recruited by MSU. Kudos. That isnt a slight at their staff and is taking the high road.

Well this makes the explanations easier after we win 3 of 4 but have never beaten them in recruiting. We took some bad kids that happened to pan out. How else can try spin it? They kick our ass every February. And have for 100 years. Yet for my lifetime it's basically a draw.

Paul Jones
05-08-2013, 08:51 AM
Coach, in all fairness, we have people who Scout out recruits 24/7 and say the same kind of things. It's more about them having to be the guy who breaks stuff. These assholes all need to realize that it's about these kids achieving their dreams and not about the hero worship they want from others.

You mind showing me where I have ever said on our site that a kid that committed to Ole Miss had 'off the field issues' as Yancy says about every recruit MSU gets?

FlabLoser
05-08-2013, 08:55 AM

You mind showing me where I have ever said on our site that a kid that committed to Ole Miss had 'off the field issues' as Yancy says about every recruit MSU gets?

Paul, I think Farley means 24 hours per day 7 days per week instead of the 247 website. I thought he was referring to recruiting-obsessed fans and some of the writers, without naming any.

Coach34
05-08-2013, 09:00 AM

Nobody is like Yancy- he literally is the poster child for how not to run an ethical recruiting site

601Dawg
05-08-2013, 09:09 AM
Nobody is like Yancy- he literally is the poster child for how not to run an ethical recruiting site

Am I the only one who has wondered why Yancy has never been on Head to Head nor Out of Bounds? They always use Ben Garrett for the spirit but NEVER, EVER Yancy. Anybody else ever noticed that? Ive always kind of assumed that Yancy and Cross may have some beef or something.

Paul Jones
05-08-2013, 09:21 AM
Then my bad for reading that the wrong way. It is petty for any recruiting writer to take a shot at a teenage kid just cause he didnt pick the school you cover. Jamoral Graham is one of the top 3-4 overall athletes in the state and OM made a hard push for him last November with no luck. Just like MSU has done with several of OM commits. Kids usually pick who they are most comfortable with and you tip your hate to wherever they go and move on.
Again sorry for misreading that.

MSUDawg4Life
05-08-2013, 09:27 AM
Paul, I think Farley means 24 hours per day 7 days per week instead of the 247 website. I thought he was referring to recruiting-obsessed fans and some of the writers, without naming any.

I think that first sentence in Farley's post is what's called a double entendre.

That's just Farley being Farley. He knows exactly what he's doing.

Vandownbytheriver
05-08-2013, 09:32 AM
Anyone had any good beer lately?

FISHDAWG
05-08-2013, 09:48 AM
just discovered Negra-Modelo and love it