PDA

View Full Version : Game tonight

messageboardsuperhero
03-21-2014, 10:23 PM
Well, coming into the weekend I said we'd be doing good to score 12 runs in all three games combined. I was dead wrong. Needless to say, what we did offensively tonight was VERY encouraging. Vandy's defense helped us a good bit, but EVERYTHING we hit was right on the nose. Yeah they made five errors, but we also got 14 hits and had several more hard hit balls right at people against arguably the best pitching staff in America.

Pitching wise, Preston Brown did exactly what was asked of him- attack the strike zone and get the defense engaged. He's a very solid pitcher. It was also nice to see Woodruff come in a pitch well- he gave up the one single but that was it. I still think he's going to play a big role for us at some point.

We continued to dominate defensively. I don't know about y'all, but Britton could hit .220 and he'd still be in my lineup every day. He saves us runs every time he gets a start. Seth Heck is also well above average in every facet of the game.

Tomorrow is a new day though, and momentum lasts only as long as the next day's starting pitcher. Miller has been great this year, so we need to come to work again and hopefully clinch this series with Mitchell on the mound.

Lastly, someone needs to check on bully99- I hope he isn't too upset about us winning tonight. He might want to rethink that ridiculous "10 SEC wins" prediction.

rtdawg
03-21-2014, 10:25 PM
Great game tonight. Got to get 1 more...Great post.

Todd4State
03-21-2014, 10:35 PM
Well, coming into the weekend I said we'd be doing good to score 12 runs in all three games combined. I was dead wrong. Needless to say, what we did offensively tonight was VERY encouraging. Vandy's defense helped us a good bit, but EVERYTHING we hit was right on the nose. Yeah they made five errors, but we also got 14 hits and had several more hard hit balls right at people against arguably the best pitching staff in America.

Pitching wise, Preston Brown did exactly what was asked of him- attack the strike zone and get the defense engaged. He's a very solid pitcher. It was also nice to see Woodruff come in a pitch well- he gave up the one single but that was it. I still think he's going to play a big role for us at some point.

We continued to dominate defensively. I don't know about y'all, but Britton could hit .220 and he'd still be in my lineup every day. He saves us runs every time he gets a start. Seth Heck is also well above average in every facet of the game.

Tomorrow is a new day though, and momentum lasts only as long as the next day's starting pitcher. Miller has been great this year, so we need to come to work again and hopefully clinch this series with Mitchell on the mound.

Lastly, someone needs to check on bully99- I hope he isn't too upset about us winning tonight. He might want to rethink that ridiculous "10 SEC wins" prediction.

How on Earth did I miss this?

messageboardsuperhero
03-21-2014, 10:37 PM
How on Earth did I miss this?

Don't worry, I bookmarked it- third post in the thread. http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?13842-Here-s-my-conservative-look-at-how-the-baseball-season-shakes-out

chainedup_Dawg
03-21-2014, 11:22 PM
With how focused we seemed to be tonight, my concern is how much is left in the tank. We executed better tonight than I have seen us execute in a long time.

I really think a big reason we were able to get mistakes out of them was through execution. Forcing Beede to work off the mound, etc.

A lot of people hate small ball and I get that. But when you execute it like you're supposed to it can really put a lot of stress on a defense and I feel we did that better than ever tonight.

whosyourdawgy
03-21-2014, 11:31 PM
I was feeling down before we played this game. According to most, Bede wasn't gonna let us get a base runner. We beat that ass today and we have Ross on the mound tomorrow and gonna beat that ass again

Todd4State
03-21-2014, 11:56 PM
With how focused we seemed to be tonight, my concern is how much is left in the tank. We executed better tonight than I have seen us execute in a long time.

I really think a big reason we were able to get mistakes out of them was through execution. Forcing Beede to work off the mound, etc.

A lot of people hate small ball and I get that. But when you execute it like you're supposed to it can really put a lot of stress on a defense and I feel we did that better than ever tonight.

I think the week off did us some good. The way Cohen schedules, we have a good bit of the schedule crammed into the first four weeks. That taxes everybody. But it allows us to see everybody and see what we need to work on. You just can't substitute live action against an opponent in a meaningful game.

bully99
03-22-2014, 12:14 AM
Y'all all ganging up on me. Only complaint I have in the game is Cohen should have played the bench players more. Keeps morale and spirits up. And whoever said Robson was out for the year should be called out. Beat up on that guy up awhile..

messageboardsuperhero
03-22-2014, 12:24 AM
Y'all all ganging up on me. Only complaint I have in the game is Cohen should have played the bench players more. Keeps morale and spirits up. And whoever said Robson was out for the year should be called out. Beat up on that guy up awhile..

LOL. We just beat a consensus top 5 team by 15 runs- "morale and spirits" are more than likely doing just fine.

I think Cohen has just finally started settling on a lineup, and he's trying to get/keep those guys in a rhythm.

I seen it dawg
03-22-2014, 02:05 AM

You fn suck. We rolled that ass and you got rolled with it.

shoeless joe
03-22-2014, 04:04 AM
Very impressed with brown. And now we are in the cat bird seat with Ross and fitts going. Hope we can get one more. Vandy is a good team and won't stay down long.