PDA

View Full Version : After watching practice....

Coach34
03-21-2014, 06:16 PM
I can tell you this with 100% certainty- Justin Malone is going to be our RT

it ****ing sure aint gonna be Damien Robinson, Jake Thomas, or Rufus Warren this year.

I'll post more later. It's baseball time

MSUDogFan
03-21-2014, 06:52 PM
Are you saying he is going to win it by default because the other players you mentioned aren't any good, or because he is so dominant in practice?

codeDawg
03-21-2014, 07:57 PM
Sounds to me like the other guys were worthless.

AlSwearengen
03-21-2014, 07:58 PM
Are you saying he is going to win it by default because the other players you mentioned aren't any good, or because he is so dominant in practice?

I could be wrong, but I don't think Malone is even doing all of the drills right now.

HoopsDawg
03-21-2014, 08:41 PM
I can tell you this with 100% certainty- Justin Malone is going to be our RT

it ****ing sure aint gonna be Damien Robinson, Jake Thomas, or Rufus Warren this year.

I'll post more later. It's baseball time

And Malone has never played RT at this level. That's why everyone is worried about our O-line. Welcome to the club Coach.

Westdawg
03-21-2014, 09:04 PM
I am gonna hold my decision on warren and Thomas for now. I knew going in that Damien just has not gotten "it " since arriving here. Hate it but that's how it is. Thomas is a RS freshman. He is gonna take his lumps for at least another year.
Warren just moved to the position. I know he has good feet and the length but it takes some time even when he has been an edge blocker in this offense at TE. It is still a major learning curve but I will wait to see on him once fall kicks around some.

rtdawg
03-21-2014, 10:16 PM
not good....

Todd4State
03-21-2014, 10:19 PM
I am gonna hold my decision on warren and Thomas for now. I knew going in that Damien just has not gotten "it " since arriving here. Hate it but that's how it is. Thomas is a RS freshman. He is gonna take his lumps for at least another year.
Warren just moved to the position. I know he has good feet and the length but it takes some time even when he has been an edge blocker in this offense at TE. It is still a major learning curve but I will wait to see on him once fall kicks around some.

My hope is that Warren will use this year to get ready for next year. Damien Robinson is essentially a wild card for me. If he by chance happens to do well- that's awesome for us. If not, it's not a surprise. Jake Thomas is a redshirt freshmen, so I just expect him to learn and develop and come in during blow outs.

Todd4State
03-21-2014, 10:24 PM
The thing about Malone at RT is it would without question get our five best o-linemen on the field at the same time- barring a miraculous turnaround by Damien Robinson.

LT- Clausell
LG- Clayborn
C- Day
RG- Beckwith
RT- Malone

Coach34
03-21-2014, 10:25 PM
Don't panic ****ers....full report Subday

rtdawg
03-21-2014, 10:28 PM
Coach-tell mic to sober up....

Jacksondevildog
03-21-2014, 10:30 PM
I'm assuming Jocquell Johnson will factor somewhere at OT.

Todd4State
03-21-2014, 10:34 PM

Going off of film- I think he is a guard.

Jacksondevildog
03-21-2014, 10:42 PM
Maybe so.

Coach34
03-21-2014, 10:57 PM
We're at the Veranda- Bracky docked the Veranda 3 TV's when Political Hack walked in.

Best State team I've ever seen. Full report Sunday

FISHDAWG
03-22-2014, 08:09 AM
coach - take note to see if we are trying some downfield passing ..... I saw very little of that from our offense when Dak or Damien was in there and am curious if Dan will implement some of this next season

NCDawg
03-22-2014, 11:22 AM

Unless he is a Joey Trapp type-the kid that somebody on our coaching staff thought was so great that we went all the way to California to sign him.

HoopsDawg
03-22-2014, 11:30 AM
Don't panic ****ers....full report Subday

Our D is nasty. 20 of 22 in the 2 deep is back + nick james and Coleman.

PMDawg
03-22-2014, 01:38 PM
The thing about Malone at RT is it would without question get our five best o-linemen on the field at the same time- barring a miraculous turnaround by Damien Robinson.

LT- Clausell
LG- Clayborn
C- Day
RG- Beckwith
RT- Malone

This can be a good to great line. The worry for me is depth. Our backups at center and both tackles are green or just not very good.

HoopsDawg
03-22-2014, 01:52 PM
This can be a good to great line. The worry for me is depth. Our backups at center and both tackles are green or just not very good.

We have close to zero depth. Mullen needs to get the starters out as soon as possible in non-conference games.