PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Pearl's former team

starkvegasdawg
03-21-2014, 02:41 PM
Dismantling six seed UMass and making them like it.

C222
03-21-2014, 02:45 PM
Dismantling six seed UMass and making them like it.

UMASS at a 6 was dumb. UT could make a deep run.

codeDawg
03-21-2014, 03:33 PM
They are absolutely wearing them out. UMass can't keep up athletically. They have to turn this into a half court game and slow UT down to have a prayer.

HailState39110
03-21-2014, 03:39 PM
Cuanzo gettin it done

maroonmania
03-21-2014, 03:41 PM
I'm actually a little encouraged by Martin's progression at TN. He is essentially from the same coaching line that Rick Ray is from. Hopefully what Martin is doing at TN Ray can do at MSU.

HailState39110
03-21-2014, 04:22 PM
Tenn has to beat Mercer now to go to the Sweet 16

If you think Ray can be the next Quanzo he needs to recruit guys like Jarnell Stokes and Jordan McRae first. Petino said it best the other day . He said in this business coaches coaches are only as good as their players. You wanna be a great coach, recruit great players. You want to be an average coach recruit average players

dawgs
03-21-2014, 04:43 PM
UMASS at a 6 was dumb. UT could make a deep run.

yep one of many dumb seeds this year.

esplanade91
03-21-2014, 04:43 PM
Of course it's easy to say that when you're the former coach of the Boston Celtics and New York Knicks and have won two titles and been to seven Final Fours. Somehow I don't think telling kids you were an assistant for Purdue "but when they were good" has the same pull.

I'm not ragging on Ray. I agree. I just think saying that he needs to recruit better players is a given, and his ability to do so is questionable.

Martin is a good coach. Hoping for a similar story.

Dawg61
03-21-2014, 05:16 PM
Martin didn't land McRae or Maymon. Those are Pearl's recruits. Cuonzo did land Stokes though and that dude is an absolute BEAST!

maroonmania
03-21-2014, 06:27 PM
Tenn has to beat Mercer now to go to the Sweet 16

If you think Ray can be the next Quanzo he needs to recruit guys like Jarnell Stokes and Jordan McRae first. Petino said it best the other day . He said in this business coaches coaches are only as good as their players. You wanna be a great coach, recruit great players. You want to be an average coach recruit average players

I think most of us are in agreement that Ray's ability to attract players will ultimately be what decides his fate at MSU.