PDA

View Full Version : No hard feelings

Percho
03-21-2014, 01:19 PM
but how sweet it is. Should have stayed home.

War Machine Dawg
03-21-2014, 01:21 PM
**** that. Hood is getting what he deserves. Dunno how a supposed lifelong State fan playing for "his team" can just up and ditch said team.

Percho
03-21-2014, 01:26 PM
**** that. Hood is getting what he deserves. Dunno how a supposed lifelong State fan playing for "his team" can just up and ditch said team.

That's what I mean.

barely
03-21-2014, 01:30 PM
agree, I enjoyed watching him pout on the bench...soak it in.

esplanade91
03-21-2014, 01:33 PM
There is a god.

trob115
03-21-2014, 01:35 PM
Loved every second of that. I wonder if sitting out a year was worth a first round loss in the tourney haha.

msstate7
03-21-2014, 01:35 PM
Love it

slickdawg
03-21-2014, 01:40 PM
@sfslickdawg: You can take Rodney Hood out of Mississippi State, but you'll never take the Mississippi State out of Rodney Hood.

War Machine Dawg
03-21-2014, 01:41 PM
@sfslickdawg: You can take Rodney Hood out of Mississippi State, but you'll never take the Mississippi State out of Rodney Hood.

BOOM. Roasted.

Drugdog
03-21-2014, 02:13 PM

To quote Larry The Cable Guy" I don't care who you are, That's Funny"

slickdawg
03-21-2014, 02:26 PM

notsofarawaydawg
03-21-2014, 02:27 PM
http://falconain.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/little-baby-pouting.jpg

Pollodawg
03-21-2014, 02:55 PM
Since I don't follow much basketball, maybe someone can tell me. Why did Hood leave exactly?

War Machine Dawg
03-21-2014, 03:05 PM
Since I don't follow much basketball, maybe someone can tell me. Why did Hood leave exactly?

No one really knows exactly why, or those that do know aren't talking. But it's fact that Hood wanted out in December his freshman year and had feelers out for schools in January. Cue the "he'd have stayed if we kept Stans" crowd. Whatever happened, it was bad. My gut feeling is he saw up close and personal what a dumpster fire Stans was running, primarily the drug use, and didn't want any part of it.

Political Hack
03-21-2014, 03:06 PM

because it was Duke. He made the tournament. We didn't. Him and Charlie Sheen are laughing at this thread.

I was actually disappointed to see him not have a Chance to shine in the tournament. His coach leaves and he transfers. Happens all the time. I don't think the ill will towards a 20 year old making a personal decision is really warranted.

BeardoMSU
03-21-2014, 03:09 PM
because it was Duke. He made the tournament. We didn't. Him and Charlie Sheen are laughing at this thread.

I was actually disappointed to see him not have a Chance to shine in the tournament. His coach leaves and he transfers. Happens all the time. I don't think the ill will towards a 20 year old making a personal decision is really warranted.

Well said.

smootness
03-21-2014, 03:10 PM
My gut feeling is he saw up close and personal what a dumpster fire Stans was running, primarily the drug use, and didn't want any part of it.

This is the only logical explanation, and it's why I don't fault him a bit. I actually liked watching him play this year. Some guys I couldn't care less about after they leave, like Hansbrough, but for some reason I actually felt for Hood as a freshman and was glad to see him get a clean slate somewhere after having to endure that.

For a kid like that, there's no way he was expecting what he undoubtedly saw once he got into the program. I get those who don't like him and feel like he's a traitor, I'm just not one of those. Doesn't mean it doesn't at least make me laugh a little that he still didn't get past the first round of the tournament, but I can never blame a kid for getting out of what was obviously a horrible situation and trying to get into a better situation for himself.

Maroonthirteen
03-21-2014, 04:00 PM
I agree smoot.

Yes it was selfish for him to transfer out when we needed him to stay badly. But It was a selfless act for him with his talent and offers to sign with State to start. Then to get here and find the program is an absolute train wreck. I can't say I blame him. Plus he set himself up for a better draft pick just playing for Duke and better opportunities after basketball.

maroonmania
03-21-2014, 04:07 PM
This is the only logical explanation, and it's why I don't fault him a bit. I actually liked watching him play this year. Some guys I couldn't care less about after they leave, like Hansbrough, but for some reason I actually felt for Hood as a freshman and was glad to see him get a clean slate somewhere after having to endure that.

For a kid like that, there's no way he was expecting what he undoubtedly saw once he got into the program. I get those who don't like him and feel like he's a traitor, I'm just not one of those. Doesn't mean it doesn't at least make me laugh a little that he still didn't get past the first round of the tournament, but I can never blame a kid for getting out of what was obviously a horrible situation and trying to get into a better situation for himself.

Well not exactly, he signed on with MSU on a loaded team during his freshman year, but after everything that happened and the defections and attrition, his sophomore year it was essentially going to be the Rodney Hood show. Rodney is a good player but he is not a guy like Malik Newman who can likely carry you to an NCAA tournament berth by himself. I'm sure our basketball "culture" at the time was a factor but I could certainly just see him wanting to go to a program that was good where he didn't have to be "the man".

quickstrike2
03-21-2014, 04:12 PM
I can't blame Hood for what he did. He signed with us and played hard for us. Then the train wreck happened, and yes it would have been his show and he could have helped our rebuilding. I can't hold that against him, he didn't sign up for that. And I know if it was me and Coach K was calling and telling me to come play there and potentially be a lottery pick, it would be very tough to say no.

hells bells
03-21-2014, 04:15 PM
Have no respect for Hood what so ever. He will always be a candy ass that left when the going get's bad. Luv you some Duke Rodney.

preachermatt83
03-21-2014, 04:26 PM
Hood is getting what he deserves. Dunno how a supposed lifelong State fan playing for "his team" can just up and ditch said team.

WMD, I don't know what the deal is but you and I have agreed on several things lately! I agree with this post 10000 percent.

War Machine Dawg
03-21-2014, 05:48 PM

I definitely see both sides of it. But if you're that pissed with what's going on, and the admin makes a move to fix it, why bolt? Speaking as someone who IS a lifelong State fan, if I had any real athletic talent, I couldn't imagine playing anywhere else. It's something that just doesn't compute for me.

Charlie_Sheen420
03-21-2014, 06:28 PM

Why yes I am laughing at this thread, but it's because I enjoyed watching Hood's exit hahaha. Yes, I understand why he left and all that, but he still left State when State needed him the most....screw him. He would have still been a first rounder in the NBA had he stayed