PDA

View Full Version : Stadium Progress

bulldogsmsu
03-20-2014, 08:45 AM
Check out the webcam on the stadium. Steps for upper deck starting to go in. Starting to really take shape. Looking good!

DawgHouseUnited
03-20-2014, 09:19 AM
I confess that I'm a junkie for that construction cam- I check the darn thing daily to see what's happened. Love seeing the progress, just wish I could see what's happening on the other sides as well.

Lloyd Christmas
03-20-2014, 09:50 AM
I heard from a buddy that the original company doing the work got bought out and this could be causing delays. I still think we'll be cutting it close for the opener.

Esmerelda Villalobos
03-20-2014, 09:52 AM
I heard from a buddy that the original company doing the work got bought out and this could be causing delays. I still think we'll be cutting it close for the opener.

It was odd to me that on a 60 plus million bid, 2 companies basically had the same number

mstatefan91
03-20-2014, 10:50 AM
Makes no sense to me why they haven't just gone ahead and put all of the concrete for the seating in place if it is already poured. Does it have to do with transporting it here since I assume it wasn't poured on sight?

ShotgunDawg
03-20-2014, 10:56 AM

There aren't delays. It will be ready for the first game.

WinningIsRelentless
03-20-2014, 10:57 AM
Makes no sense to me why they haven't just gone ahead and put all of the concrete for the seating in place if it is already poured. Does it have to do with transporting it here since I assume it wasn't poured on sight?
It's precast and isn't poured on site. Precast is a lot cheaper and quicker to use. And for the company getting bought out that isn't right. Roy Anderson bought Harrell five to seven years ago they just merged everything under one name.

RichardHarrow
03-20-2014, 11:04 AM

I'm not sure what the hold up is. I visited the concrete plant that's in the industrial park a few months back and got a tour of the facilities. I got to learn about some of the "green" concrete that we're using in the stadium, interesting stuff.

Aiken Village is being used as a staging area, it is blocked off with construction fencing, and I took a walk back there a month ago or so and the whole place was filled with concrete pieces and brick that appeared to be waiting to be put in place.