PDA

View Full Version : Kennedy to get contract extension.

shannondawg
03-20-2014, 07:08 AM
Wonder if this would be taking place if Stansbury was still coach?????????

Coach34
03-20-2014, 07:23 AM
Yep

jumbo
03-20-2014, 07:40 AM
good. keep him around as long as possible.

Martianlander
03-20-2014, 07:41 AM
Most of the tsun people I talk to are upset with Kennedy. They don't think he can get them to the next level and for once I think they are right. His contract extension should be good for us.

C222
03-20-2014, 07:53 AM
Great news if true.

shannondawg
03-20-2014, 08:01 AM
Yep

That it? I was expecting a tirade. hehehehe

Political Hack
03-20-2014, 08:02 AM
that is good news.

mic
03-20-2014, 08:05 AM
this is very good news...

mk1984
03-20-2014, 08:09 AM
it should not matter to most Ole Miss fans I have been told for years they don't care about basketball but that could just be due to our past domination of them in basketball.

jimbo352
03-20-2014, 08:24 AM
It makes sense... He's a decent coach. He's winning a lot of games at a school that doesn't normally win a lot of games. He's probably the best coach they've ever had...

I hear their fans bitch and moan all the time about AK(on message boards), but more and more fans keep going to their games. They had a huge jump in attendance this year, and attendance was way down across the sport this year. You have to think Bjork likes those numbers...

shannondawg
03-20-2014, 08:29 AM
I think that jump in attendance could be attributed to coke head..

starkvegasdawg
03-20-2014, 08:34 AM
it should not matter to most Ole Miss fans I have been told for years they don't care about basketball but that could just be due to our past domination of them in basketball.

They care about whatever they think they may be halfway decent in. If they had a women's rock throwing team that they thought may be halfway decent a particular season they would be cheering and talking about that on Nafoom non-stop. It would be the best woman's rock throwing team ever in the history of the sport and they had the best coach in the western hemisphere.

Brad Stevens
03-20-2014, 08:40 AM
I got hammered about a week ago for saying its good for us that Kennedy will probably stick around. I still think the longer they have him (and no Michael White or other options), the better for us no matter who our coach is. Kennedy is Stansbury without the recruiting ability. He relies on average to above average guys to just go hoop. All that to say, I am much more confident with our near future against our rivals. Only time can tell for certain.

jimbo352
03-20-2014, 08:45 AM
I think that jump in attendance could be attributed to coke head..

probably right about that... It's still a sign that fans/students are interested. He doesn't have great teams, but he doesn't have bad teams either... Ole Miss basketball is trash historically... AK is winning about 20 games a year... Their AD would be nutts to risk that kind of moderate success for an unproven coach IMO... Especially when their attendance is as high as it has ever been.

M.Fillmore
03-20-2014, 10:31 AM
Dunno if this is true. I can't confirm it on the BBC website. We are know that all Kennedy events are international incidents.

BeardoMSU
03-20-2014, 10:36 AM
Dunno if this is true. I can't confirm it on the BBC website. We are know that all Kennedy events are international incidents.

#altercation

Martianlander
03-20-2014, 12:58 PM
They care about whatever they think they may be halfway decent in. If they had a women's rock throwing team that they thought may be halfway decent a particular season they would be cheering and talking about that on Nafoom non-stop. It would be the best woman's rock throwing team ever in the history of the sport and they had the best coach in the western hemisphere.

Well put!

maroonmania
03-20-2014, 01:24 PM
Most of the tsun people I talk to are upset with Kennedy. They don't think he can get them to the next level and for once I think they are right. His contract extension should be good for us.

They are already at a better level (finishing in the top half of the SEC) than their administration and fan support should warrant. We have at least won SEC championships and made a deep run in the NCAA tournament. OM has never been NEAR the 'next level' and hiring a different coach likely won't matter in that department.