PDA

View Full Version : Your Friday night starter is..

Five-tool Poster
03-19-2014, 07:21 PM
#33 Preston Brown.

CadaverDawg
03-19-2014, 07:27 PM
Wow. I hope it works out, but I didn't expect for Cohen to throw Preston into a situation like this. His first ever weekend start being on the opening home SEC series against one of the best teams in the country? This ain't Eastern Illinois.

That being said, if anybody has earned the opportunity, it would have to be Preston. I would just hate if this killed his confidence if he gets shelled. Brown has definitely earned some serious respect up to this point though.

shoeless joe
03-19-2014, 07:29 PM
No problem with this move. In fact I like it assuming we know the other 2 starters...which I'm sure we do.

engie
03-19-2014, 07:54 PM
I like it and basically expected it.

He either gets it done or IMO we've got to get Lindgren out of the pen and back into that role for now...

Will James
03-19-2014, 08:50 PM
Good. Vandy doesn't lose on Fridays and we don't need to throw RM or TF against Beede

preachermatt83
03-19-2014, 08:51 PM
Wow. I hope it works out, but I didn't expect for Cohen to throw Preston into a situation like this. His first ever weekend start being on the opening home SEC series against one of the best teams in the country? This ain't Eastern Illinois.

That being said, if anybody has earned the opportunity, it would have to be Preston. I would just hate if this killed his confidence if he gets shelled. Brown has definitely earned some serious respect up to this point though.

If we lose, and I think we will, it will be because we can't hit Beebe not because Preston gets shelled. I really expect Preston to give us 5+ and give up 2 or less runs.

preachermatt83
03-19-2014, 08:52 PM
Good. Vandy doesn't lose on Fridays and we don't need to throw RM or TF against Beede

This x1000..

CadaverDawg
03-19-2014, 08:55 PM
If we lose, and I think we will, it will be because we can't hit Beebe not because Preston gets shelled. I really expect Preston to give us 5+ and give up 2 or less runs.

You may end up right, but you are reading far too much into what Brown has done against bad teams IMO. I think he has the potential to be a solid weekend starter, but for anyone to feel so confident in him at this point in beating really good teams, is just taking way too much from a weak sample size. Doesn't mean you can't be right, but we've seen nothing from brown against good teams to base any extreme confidence on.

preachermatt83
03-19-2014, 08:57 PM
You may end up right, but you are reading far too much into what Brown has done against bad teams IMO. I think he has the potential to be a solid weekend starter, but for anyone to feel so confident in him at this point in beating really good teams, is just taking way too much from a weak sample size. Doesn't mean you can't be right, but we've seen nothing from brown against good teams to base any extreme confidence on.

oh I agree about the limited action we have seen you really should see him throw a bullpen in person or a scrimmage.. His movement on the ball is absolutely sick!

CadaverDawg
03-19-2014, 09:00 PM
oh I agree about the limited action we have seen you really should see him throw a bullpen in person or a scrimmage.. His movement on the ball is absolutely sick!

Good info. And I have not seen him in person, so I will take your word. I hope he breaks out in a major way Friday night...boy would it be a huge shot in the arm for this team if Preston Brown came out of nowhere and turned into a legit Friday night guy.

I seen it dawg
03-19-2014, 09:10 PM

LSU beat him last Friday.

Original48
03-19-2014, 09:17 PM
I think its the other way around. Last 15 sec series Vandy 9-6 on Friday and 26-1 sat and sun.

DanDority
03-19-2014, 09:20 PM
LSU beat him last Friday.

That's what I thought.

CadaverDawg
03-19-2014, 09:20 PM
I think its the other way around. Last 15 sec series Vandy 9-6 on Friday and 26-1 sat and sun.

Yea, I thought Beede started Saturday games for Vandy?

DanDority
03-19-2014, 09:28 PM
Yea, I thought Beede started Saturday games for Vandy?

Nope, he got the L, also

preachermatt83
03-19-2014, 09:32 PM
what they are failing to mention is that he had a whopping 0 earned runs. That's right, 0!

I seen it dawg
03-19-2014, 09:38 PM
A loss is a loss. But Will said they don't lose on Fridays....

preachermatt83
03-19-2014, 09:46 PM
im pretty sure you knew what he meant. Beede is one of the top 3 pitchers in the country and many believe he will be the number 1 overall pick. He's not gonna lose because of his failures. Maybe a defensive breakdown behind him but certainly not gonna lose very many giving up 0 earned runs.

I seen it dawg
03-20-2014, 05:40 AM
I know what he meant. And I know he knows that sometimes they get beat on Fridays. It's the fact he beats his sizzle chest all day on something when he gets something right but vanishes when he says something wrong. It's annoying as hell, just like me belaboring the point.

Will James
03-20-2014, 07:32 AM
I know what he meant. And I know he knows that sometimes they get beat on Fridays. It's the fact he beats his sizzle chest all day on something when he gets something right but vanishes when he says something wrong. It's annoying as hell, just like me belaboring the point.

So we should go heads up against Beede?

Let's see how many times they go down with him on the bump. LSU, a much more potent offense than us, managed zero earned runs as has been pointed out. Yes, they technically have lost on the day of Friday my bad*****

I seen it dawg
03-20-2014, 09:05 AM
0 earned runs and a loss. And not on a Friday but LAST Friday. Do your research.