PDA

View Full Version : Interesting comment by Todd McShay

Irondawg
03-18-2014, 11:28 AM
On a podcast they were discussing Teddy Bridgewater's poor pro day and Todd was saying he usually attends all the pro day workouts for top QB's in a draft. He said the most incredible he ever saw was Jamarcus Russell's - that he was just awesome. I still don't see how he was so terrible he's out of the league. There's no way he shouldn't have been at least average in the league.

Also interesting he said that before Teddy's, the worst one he had been too was Matt Ryan's. But that TB's was on a whole different level of bad.

esplanade91
03-18-2014, 11:31 AM
I wouldn't pick Bridgewater first. I also think McShay is an idiot.

Do pro days really matter? When has a pro day helped a guy elevate his draft status? All these scouts have access to every second of game footage.

I understand that top prospects must do pro days because the message not participating sends is damaging, but I honestly think it's a huge waste of time. I'm all for inventing new ways to follow football year round, but I hate everything leading up to draft day.

RougeDawg
03-18-2014, 11:59 AM
Bridgewater was never a top QB pick IMO. The SEC had at least 3-4 better picks playing this past year. Murray, Metroberger, Manziel are all better pro prospects IMO. Want to say there is a 4th, but maybe he's from another conference. They've all proven themselves against much stiffer competition. How many defenses with a lisle has Bridgewater faved and beaten? Yes they beat Florida but it was after weeks of preparation. Weekly tough SEC competition would have brought TB's stats and NFL projections back down to earth. Their schedule was incredibly weak this past year.

jimbo352
03-18-2014, 12:17 PM
On a podcast they were discussing Teddy Bridgewater's poor pro day and Todd was saying he usually attends all the pro day workouts for top QB's in a draft. He said the most incredible he ever saw was Jamarcus Russell's - that he was just awesome. I still don't see how he was so terrible he's out of the league. There's no way he shouldn't have been at least average in the league.

Also interesting he said that before Teddy's, the worst one he had been too was Matt Ryan's. But that TB's was on a whole different level of bad.

J Russell was dumber than a box of rocks... He's an athletic freak(like Vince Young, who's also half retarded), who can still chunk it 80 yards btw... He never could learn the game, and he had no discipline. lifetime backup QB's in the NFL work harder than J.Russell ever thought about working. How many average QB's in the NFL have problems controlling their weight, coming in for film study, and drink codeine & grape koolaid on the reg...? Zero...

God graces people with athletic ability all of the time, he graces others with beautiful minds... He rarely graces individuals with both. Those who have both are special.

dawgs
03-18-2014, 12:35 PM

russell's issues were never from the neck down, it was always from the neck up. which eventually led to him eating to the point that the neck down became a problem too.

hacker
03-18-2014, 12:38 PM
Jamarcus preferred Syrup over Football. That's the bottom line. Doesn't matter if you have all the talent in the world if your priorities aren't straight.

civildawg
03-18-2014, 12:39 PM
If the raiders draft TB. I will lose it. I've never liked him as a QB

quickstrike2
03-18-2014, 01:22 PM
I personally wouldn't draft TB to be my franchise QB, but i can see why someone would. There is just so much pressure to have a QB in the NFL and with emergence of Kap, Wilson, and RGIII, I could see why some GMs would be excited about TB.

Coach34
03-18-2014, 02:31 PM
I'd hate to be a GM and need a QB this year

dawgs
03-18-2014, 04:34 PM
I personally wouldn't draft TB to be my franchise QB, but i can see why someone would. There is just so much pressure to have a QB in the NFL and with emergence of Kap, Wilson, and RGIII, I could see why some GMs would be excited about TB.

bridgewater is more like rodgers or big ben in terms of how he plays QB and uses his mobility than kap or RG3. wilson is somewhere in between. TB is really not all that fast.

Dallas_Dawg
03-18-2014, 04:46 PM
I'd hate to be a GM and need a QB this year

Or last year for that matter. The top QB taken last year was EJ Manuel and he is far from "can't miss."
Last year at this time, Ryan Nassib was being talked about as being the first QB off the board. Also, last year Bridgewater was supposedly going to be the number 1 pick, THIS year

dawgs
03-18-2014, 04:57 PM
Or last year for that matter. The top QB taken last year was EJ Manuel and he is far from "can't miss."
Last year at this time, Ryan Nassib was being talked about as being the first QB off the board. Also, last year Bridgewater was supposedly going to be the number 1 pick, THIS year

i'd rather be a GM in need of a QB the last few years than ever before simply because missing on a 1st round QB doesn't cripple your salary cap for the next half decade.