PDA

View Full Version : Hats off to AU!

Thick
03-18-2014, 10:45 AM
They are just not scared to put it all out there to win. You can take only so many piss poor seasons, before you just go all in! I wish our AD had the PLUMS to do it.

Political Hack
03-18-2014, 10:57 AM
Aw shucks!

There's a zero percent chance we would ever hire Bruce Pearl.

Thick
03-18-2014, 11:04 AM
"Here's the pitch, the swing....and the WHIFF". Never insinuated that we should hire Pearl. I do know this though, AU made a good hire.

Political Hack
03-18-2014, 11:26 AM
Oh, I know and I agree. I also think we should nutt up sometimes and do what's best for Mississippi State instead being scared of the SEC and the NCAA.

that's one of the reasons I liked the Ninja so much.

gtowndawg
03-18-2014, 12:04 PM
It think he has the attitude we desperately need to be competitive across the board. But alas....he gone.

maroonmania
03-18-2014, 12:36 PM
Apparently who we really need back is Donald Zacharias. He's the only administrator we've ever had that I know of with the cajones to hire a proven winner with baggage when we needed to in order to jump start a sport.

Joe Schmedlap
03-18-2014, 12:39 PM
Bruce Pearl has serious character issues and I don't want him at State. That doesn't mean I'm pleased with the no-name, no resume guy Strickin did hire though.

Auburn basically gives the NCAA the finger and wins. Mize State cowers in the shadow of the NCAA and loses. It really gets frustrating sometimes.

maroonmania
03-18-2014, 01:00 PM
Auburn basically gives the NCAA the finger and wins.

Just like they did with Cam Newton. The NCAA doesn't appear to be a problem for Auburn these days.

BogeyGolfer
03-18-2014, 01:11 PM
Nm

Thick
03-18-2014, 01:50 PM
The thing that could hurt Pearl is Under Armour. What pro players wear UA, none that I am aware of. Sir Charles wants AU back in Nike gear. Their gear provider could hurt them more then we know. What do you think?

Sandman14
03-18-2014, 02:08 PM
I'm not buying all this under armour clamor. If John Calipari went to Auburn, Auburn would have a top 5 recruiting class every year and would be an ncaa tourney team inside of 2 years.

I applaud the hire of Pearl. Louisville made a great hire with Petrino. Stop being holier than thow. We aren't hiring a minister here. This is a basketball coach. Win at all costs in college athletics. By winning, you will attain the resources to actually help and mold kids in a positive way. I could care less what the head coaches are doing. Just don't tell me about it and don't get caught. If you get caught, you are fired. Bring in the next guy.

The greatness of Sherrill's run most assuredly was worth the fallout of his demise.